Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 09:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,703,557 times

Advertisements

I imagine this is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg in this weirdo, creepy family. Let's see what else comes to light.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:05 AM

733 posts, read 853,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
You're right. Why is this even news? Molesting one's siblings is as common as stealing their toys or pulling their hair.

So unhelpful.

No one is saying it's NORMAL. Some of us are saying IT'S COMMON. TOO COMMON.

Not saying it's OKAY because it happens. SAYING IT HAPPENS MUCH MORE THAN REPORTED.

This unhelpful shaming response is one reason it's not reported. It's bad enough as it is, much less trying to get across to people with an agenda that it happens and needs to be addressed!!!

Old 05-22-2015, 09:05 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,160,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Josh Duggar apologizes amid molestation allegations, quits Family Research Council - The Washington Post

I'm surprised, yet not surprised.

I suspect there are other skeletons in the closet, which we all have. But if you are going to point fingers at others its so much worse when your own secrets come out.
Excellent, if he has confessed to a crime, pack him off to prison. Then the apology will mean something.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:06 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
How are they hypocrites? I don't believe they've ever called themselves perfect or without sin. Please site specific examples.
Well, how about some specific examples of hypocritical Josh?

Quote:
"Enacting additional laws that are trying to protect one group of people over another is not really the solution and in fact it has the inverse effect on others…We have to make sure we’re standing up to protect the rights of privacy and protecting the well-being of women and children in our cities."
Quote:
In the absence of doing good, Duggar said, “evil comes in to fill the void,” adding, evil done to children is “one of its worst forms.” CCHO is a place they can go and “break that chain (of evil).”
(CCHO is the Christian Children's Home of Ohio; he was a keynote speaker for one of their events)
Quote:
Josh Duggar, the oldest of 19 children, made the rounds Friday at a central Missouri rally for Santorum after previously doing the same in Iowa, Oklahoma, Georgia and many places in between. “Our family is like the epitome of conservative values,” Duggar said. “People connect to us in that way.”

Old 05-22-2015, 09:06 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
It doesn't matter. The leghumpers will continue to rationalize the Duggar and their actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I imagine this is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg in this weirdo, creepy family. Let's see what else comes to light.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Kayanne:

You are kidding yourself. It is very common. What? You think women you know are just going to say, over coffee, "Oh you know my brother used to get up on me when we were kids." Uh, no! Can you imagine the shame?! Just look at the reactions here. You are delusional if you think you don't know anyone. You just don't know anyone who has ADMITTED it out loud to you.
I don't think it's common, but even if it is, it's disgusting and harmful. That creepy dude's wife better keep a close eye on her own kids.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:08 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,673,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Kayanne:

You are kidding yourself. It is very common. What? You think women you know are just going to say, over coffee, "Oh you know my brother used to get up on me when we were kids." Uh, no! Can you imagine the shame?! Just look at the reactions here. You are delusional if you think you don't know anyone. You just don't know anyone who has ADMITTED it out loud to you.
You are being ridiculous. Of course no one just blurts out something like that to an acquaintance over coffee.

I have had many close friends who have shared difficult experiences with me, such as rape, serious mental illness in their family, physical abuse. But I've never heard of a brother fondling a sister. I have no doubt that it happens. But I contend it is not so common, and definitely not NORMAL, to the point that anyone should view it lightly!

Old 05-22-2015, 09:09 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Never watch their show but I know they are known as a loving Christian family. This revelation only reveals that they are no different than any other family. Very sad for the sisters that were molested.
No different??? You really think that? Sibling molestation isn't just something every family goes through Out come the apologists The Duggars are hypocrites... working for an anit-gay hate group and accusing gay people of being sexual perverts when the real perverts are under their own roof.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
So unhelpful.

No one is saying it's NORMAL. Some of us are saying IT'S COMMON. TOO COMMON.

Not saying it's OKAY because it happens. SAYING IT HAPPENS MUCH MORE THAN REPORTED.

This unhelpful shaming response is one reason it's not reported. It's bad enough as it is, much less trying to get across to people with an agenda that it happens and needs to be addressed!!!
Even if people aren't saying it's okay, there seems to be an undercurrent of "well, all families have issues and this is just an issue."

And all families DO have issues, but incest is a HUGE issue. It's not just a matter of Mom or Dad having too much to drink occasionally, or Uncle Sid did some time in jail for securities fraud. That people seem so quick to shrug it off is disturbing.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:14 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Well, how about some specific examples of hypocritical Josh?

(CCHO is the Christian Children's Home of Ohio; he was a keynote speaker for one of their events)
They're sick hypocrites! They spread lies about gay people and pretend that they're "pro child" I bet if you cleaned out the closets of all the haters at the Family Research Council, you could fill a cemetery People who are so obsessed with others' sex lives typically have some deep issues they're trying to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies