Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:32 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course a woman can do it, just not Hillary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I agree, a woman can do the job. That doesn't mean just any woman though. Hillary is not the best fit for this, I'm afraid.
OK, I hear what you are saying, she's not Republican. But, on the GOP side, Carly Florina is not going to win the nomination. She has zero experience in politics, or for that matter anything other than being a business person (ultimately, canned by HP). I don't know if Mrs. Palin would run again, but it is safe to assume she would not be the nominee for many reasons that I would not state here.

Hillary would get the Democratic nomination.

So, it's either Hillary or wait until 2020 or 2024 (at least) for our first female President. How long are we going to wait until the "perfect" female candidate comes along? She's been FLOTUS, US Senator and Secretary of State. No, not good enough.

Frankly, it is quite embarrassing that our country, which claims to be the most progressive nation on gender equality, has not even come close to electing a female President. The following countries have had female leaders, in some cases, since many decades ago:

Argentina, Ireland, Australia, German, Great Britain, Panama, Peru, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Poland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Croatia, Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Indonesia, France, Turkey, Ukraine, Switzerland, Thailand, Kosovo, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, South Korea, Sri Lanka, among others.

It's a disgrace. Females have been the majority in this country for some time now. Good thing we keep having "perfect" male candidates.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM

123 posts, read 97,122 times
God help us all!

Old 05-24-2015, 04:41 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Word to ya moms!!!
Or bit**..hoe's, C@nts...

Old 05-24-2015, 04:55 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Or bit**..hoe's, C@nts...

fire!!!!

Old 05-24-2015, 09:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WAKA FLOCKA FLAME - HARD IN DA PAINT LYRICS

Should fit right in on the war on woman....

The link is for his lyrics....

Careful, if you are offended easily...don't click the link...
So, dude isn't a one woman man. He has choices and chooses them all.

What's wrong with that?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:58 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
We all know that rappers are the best and the brightest in our society today, I am sure their massive intellectual capacity was fully utilized in considering this issue.
Well maybe they are since many of them make millions. Rap is just another genre of music so don't try to belittle those who are into that kind of music.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:59 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The GOP can kiss the YOUTH vote and the creative artist vote, goodbye.
Endorsements from Snoop Dogg and Waka Flocka Flame (sheesh, has to be the dumbest rap name ever) aren't exactly something to be proud of or court.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:04 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
OK, I hear what you are saying, she's not Republican. But, on the GOP side, Carly Florina is not going to win the nomination. She has zero experience in politics, or for that matter anything other than being a business person (ultimately, canned by HP). I don't know if Mrs. Palin would run again, but it is safe to assume she would not be the nominee for many reasons that I would not state here.

So, it's either Hillary or wait until 2020 or 2024 (at least) for our first female President. How long are we going to wait until the "perfect" female candidate comes along? She's been FLOTUS, US Senator and Secretary of State. No, not good enough.

Frankly, it is quite embarrassing that our country, which claims to be the most progressive nation on gender equality, has not even come close to electing a female President. The following countries have had female leaders, in some cases, since many decades ago:

Argentina, Ireland, Australia, German, Great Britain, Panama, Peru, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Poland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Croatia, Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Indonesia, France, Turkey, Ukraine, Switzerland, Thailand, Kosovo, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, South Korea, Sri Lanka, among others.

It's a disgrace. Females have been the majority in this country for some time now. Good thing we keep having "perfect" male candidates.

Mick
It isn't a disgrace at all. You can't and shouldn't "affirmative action" someone into the White House, regardless of gender, race, religion, or orientation. If people truly wanted her in the White House before, it would have happened. What should matter more to you is whether she is capable of leading the nation herself, will she do a good job, etc., not whether she is a woman or not.

I am also quite certain nobody has officially claimed or proclaimed the US to be the most progressive nation re: gender equality.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
I (as a woman) could care less if I ever see a woman president if I don't think she is good for the country. And Hillary sure isn't good for this country. Carly Florina, I don't know enough about her. Palin? No thanks.

How about if we forget color and gender and just vote for the best one. Not possible for liberals?

Old 05-24-2015, 11:08 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Waka later endorsed Clinton in an interview with MTV News, proclaiming that "A woman could do it. I've seen my momma raise five boys -- that's super hard, so women can do the same s--- that men could do," adding that he might even help Clinton with her campaign if she helps him promote his newest album, "Flockaveli 2."

Rappers endorse Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

Sorry Hillary, no Freebies.
You've got to pay if you want more help than that.

Seems a little bush league (no pun intended) for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies