Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,513,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I did it! I read all 44 pages! Wahoo!!
Read it too! : pats self on the back:

I have noticed a lot of Canadia on the top places to live. I certainly would not want to live there. If I was going to live somewhere I want it to be totally different from America. If I had to choose somewhere in Canadia I guess I would go to Quebec atleast they have accents.

I noticed no mention of Africa. Heh is the whole continent really that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 06:31 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,487,505 times
Quote:
I have noticed a lot of Canadia on the top places to live. I certainly would not want to live there. If I was going to live somewhere I want it to be totally different from America. If I had to choose somewhere in Canadia I guess I would go to Quebec atleast they have accents.

I noticed no mention of Africa. Heh is the whole continent really that bad?
I for one, love Canada. It's not as similar to the U.S. as you may think though, at least that's my perception. I've heard that South Africa isn't so bad, and I'd like to visit Morocco.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,302,818 times
I have two places on my life list: The Hermitage in St. Petersburg and Morocco. Earlier this week, I had dinner with people who lived in both places.

If you live in Europe, RyanAir and a few other airlines fly for 35 euro one way.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,487,505 times
Quote:
If you live in Europe, RyanAir and a few other airlines fly for 35 euro one way.
What! You can't fly within the U.S. for those rates. Even if it were round trip, that's a lot cheaper than here. How do they do it, I wonder?

Reason to like Europe #3,492: Cheap airfare!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:04 AM

I have met a lot of people from South Africa. Its not such a bad place. I would also like to go to Egypt or Morocco. I have been to the Morocco at Epcot thats it.

Ryanair offers 10pound flights in europe. I cannot even get from Tampa to Orlando by flight for that kind of money.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,886,336 times
An airline was just offering very cheap flights to Costa Rica...$17 one way I think.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:38 AM

The next trip I take will go by freight ship or cruise. I have already gone from country to country by plain,train and ferry.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,795,269 times
Has anyone considered moving out of the U.S.?

About two or three times in my 20s. And they all related to a woman, not politics.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:26 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,816,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Has anyone considered moving out of the U.S.?

About two or three times in my 20s. And they all related to a woman, not politics.
Considering it after I get out of grad school -- for job reasons, not women OR politics.

Ireland is where it's at.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,445 times
Well at least I'm not the only one that is looking at other possibilites. I'm only 24 I wish I had been born in a different era or just another country all together. People look at my generation and the one after mine as if we are some form of a disease. Criminals are getting younger and more violent. The kids that blamed the car theft spree on the video game, and the countless events I've read about people under 18 some that were as young as 11, robbing, attacking and even killing people makes me sick. I have family that is a few years younger than me and some of them are failing classes in school because they tell me "history is hard because I don't know these people", but they have no trouble telling me the entire lineup of whatever reality show is most popular or naming every single person on BET or VH1 that preforms. I'm not allowed to blame their parents because they all have ADD.....or "trouble concentrating"

This country's solution is to come up with another medication for the child that most insurance plans won't pay for. My girlfriend works in a pharmacy and it is amazing how many people are addicted to zanex, provac those type of medications, and some that even mix them due to most doctors simply filling out a prescription pad. Some are for children under the age of 16. I know my last visit to a "qualified medical doctor" for a twisted knee resulted in her looking on the computer for what the problem was and when she couldn't find something she simply prescribed 4 different pain meds and muscle relaxers, and told me that "I might be alright in a week".

In addition to mediciation I've noticed a growing trend of looking to new and better technology to solve all of our problems. Why should we pay attention to the road while talking or texting on our phone when we can just invent a feature in our cars, that alerts you if someone in front of you hits their brake. Or we can just rely on something that can parallel park our car for us so we don't have to strain our necks trying to pay attention.

I know some of you are thinking that I'm just some kid that doesn't know anything and yet I know everything at the same time. All I know is that I"m a firm believe in, "I believe what I see", and this is what I see going on in my daily routine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies