Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:27 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,923 times

Advertisements

I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:29 AM

493 posts, read 385,928 times
This is what people in this country worry about when 15% of Americans live under poverty, riots with the police at low-income neighborhoods, score low on school performance compared to other countries, crappy infrastructure, corrupt politicians/government, etc.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:29 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
homosexaulity is a disorder and self esteem issue that starts at a young age.
It's all about attention. when gays are not the center of attention they go into drama mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 AM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
This is what people in this country worry about when 15% of Americans live under poverty, riots with the police at low-income neighborhoods, score low on school performance compared to other countries, crappy infrastructure, corrupt politicians/government, etc.

This. is what is being pushed on us.
We sat around in the break room watching the morning news today and while this agenda was being promoted I could see the look of disgust on the faces surrounding me.

It was due to this being foisted upon us.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:36 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,298 times
I don't pay attention to the media, I don't have cable, I don't listen to the radio, I rarely go out.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:38 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
I have to admit I suffer from Gay Fatigue. I am tired of their cause, their whining and many unnecessary sex scenes between men in the series we try to watch. Just not needed for good script. I simply lost all interest in you.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:41 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
There are a couple of reasons for it.

For one thing, reactionaries are still attempting to withhold gay rights, even in states that have gay marriage. Gay teen suicide rate is unacceptably high, as is overall suicide rate frankly, so I would say there is still a problem that needs to be addressed.

As to why it's being addressed far more than any other issue, it's because it's accessible. The average American won't understand what the TTP is, even if it's explained to them. But gay rights is excruciatingly straightforward, and depending on the media outlet, will either talk about the discrimination gays face or how God gets his feelings hurt overtime two men hold hands.

If we want the gay issue to go away, we legalize same sex marriage and treat gay people with respect. In other words, act like adults, if you can believe it's that simple.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:43 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
I am curious, anytime a commercial or story or news article shows some kind of traditional marriage or couple. .do you freak out. Like "holy damn, throwing those straight people right in our face"

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

Old 06-02-2015, 08:51 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
homosexaulity is a disorder and self esteem issue that starts at a young age.
It's all about attention. when gays are not the center of attention they go into drama mode.
I'm torn on the "Gay" thing. IMHO some of them are the real deal which I don't have a problem with but others are messed up "straight" people and hide being being "Gay" to avoid being hurt again. Like some Lesbians are that way because they were molested by dudes when they were girls.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:54 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
I think they all have some sort of insecurity issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm torn on the "Gay" thing. IMHO some of them are the real deal which I don't have a problem with but others are messed up "straight" people and hide being being "Gay" to avoid being hurt again. Like some Lesbians are that way because they were molested by dudes when they were girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies