Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 AM

19,770 posts, read 22,673,762 times

Advertisements

Please dismantle subsidies to the poor. Every red blooded southern politician should reject money from the ARC, Medicaid, SNAP- everything. Get rid of it. Unemployment insurance should go out as well. If you can't save money or work- tough crap. Let the states deal with it. Get off my dime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 04:11 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Also sick of giving these freeloaders my hard-earned money:

• Bank of America
• General Electric
• Ford Motor
• JP Morgan Chase
• Boeing
• Eaton
• Ensco
• NRG Energy
• Florida Power & Light
• Southern Energy
We seem to have forgotten all of the Corporate bailouts we had to give banks & Corporations in 2008 under Dubya yet complain about some single Mom on Welfare buying potato chips for her kid.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:15 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Leech-detector: any poster defending handouts.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:14 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's so predictable. Every time a conservative expresses their desire to reduce their handout fees, liberals act like it's some part of an evil plan to oppress the poor. Why don't they get that we're just sick of our hard-earned money going to people who didn't earn it?
Lol - no, no - like most conservatives, you just want YOUR handouts, because you "deserve it."

Your roads, public schools, state colleges, police, pension, social security, medicare, military, etc. You figure others are obligated to provide you with a comfortable life so you can sit around, blasting out hate on the internet, but the moment somebody less fortunate needs something to survive, then they are suddenly "demanding handouts."

Maybe if right-wing morons hadn't been instrumental in crashing the economy and sending jobs overseas, there wouldn't be so many unemployed in this nation. But, again - as is typical - that means nothing to you. So long as you have a job, everything is great, and to heck with everyone else.

Speaking of handouts, are you in favor of ending corporate welfare? Huge taxbreaks to monstrously profitable businesses... bailed out banks... social programs to keep minimum wage workers alive because their soulless, mega-profitable corporate masters won't pay them enough to live... Nah, I didn't think so.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:01 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Pointing fingers at each other isn't very helpful. Both sides want to take people's money by force and give to causes those people disagree with. How about we criticize the fact that we're all forced to fund things we find destructive and immoral instead of being allowed to choose for ourselves which causes we support?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:13 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's so predictable. Every time a conservative expresses their desire to reduce their handout fees, liberals act like it's some part of an evil plan to oppress the poor. Why don't they get that we're just sick of our hard-earned money going to people who didn't earn it?
I actually don't think many people object to helping the poor. Sometimes people have a real need for help. My main beef is the WASTE in the programs, the duplication of the programs, the graft and corruption in the programs and the Industry that teaches Leeches to manipulate these programs.

It appears that the only way to correct the above problems is to cut the funding. Same is true of the corrupt IRS, the corrupt Justice Department, the corrupt EPA and the list is legion.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:13 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And I just knew the first answer to the question you asked that didn't please you would be greeted by some 'liberal this, liberal that' , don't ask the question if you don't want answers eh?

The reality is conservatives, despite all their hot air to the contrary, aren't interested in cutting spending, only in diverting fund from programs they don't like into ones they do
This^^. Although, my governor is a democrat doing the conservative dream. In CT, our governor is about to sign a budget that punishes the middle class and businesses, cuts health insurance to poor families YET coddles the super rich hedge fund managers with tax breaks.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:24 AM

621 posts, read 1,422,324 times
waste is what many conservatives dislike, whether by the government or by the individual. Of course there are people who need help, but help shouldn't last a lifetime.

Our government is out of control, regulations out of control, free money for everything and everyone.

I am more then willing to help someone get on their feet, but I resent propping them up through bad decision after bad decision after bad decision. After a while.... you are own your own.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:34 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol - no, no - like most conservatives, you just want YOUR handouts, because you "deserve it."

Your roads, public schools, state colleges, police, pension, social security, medicare, military, etc. You figure others are obligated to provide you with a comfortable life so you can sit around, blasting out hate on the internet, but the moment somebody less fortunate needs something to survive, then they are suddenly "demanding handouts."

Maybe if right-wing morons hadn't been instrumental in crashing the economy and sending jobs overseas, there wouldn't be so many unemployed in this nation. But, again - as is typical - that means nothing to you. So long as you have a job, everything is great, and to heck with everyone else.

Speaking of handouts, are you in favor of ending corporate welfare? Huge taxbreaks to monstrously profitable businesses... bailed out banks... social programs to keep minimum wage workers alive because their soulless, mega-profitable corporate masters won't pay them enough to live... Nah, I didn't think so.
Like most liberals you have no idea that paying for something is different than a handout. If left wing morons weren't so determined to buy the votes of the least productive members of society and keep them down there wouldn't be so many unemployed in this nation.

It's greedy to want to keep what you EARNED, but not greedy to demand what someone else earned, Orwell would be proud of todays liberals.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:55 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
I'm almost afraid to post anything, since every time someone says something that isn't 'you're absolutely correct' it's because everyone else is a typical liberal.

But here it goes:

Perhaps if conservatives were as willing to cut corporate welfare as they were to cut social welfare, it wouldn't seem anti-poor. But when conservatives speak of the budget, social welfare is always the first to go, followed by cutting unnecessary departments (which I agree should be done), and reducing public spending in general. But military budget and corporate welfare are perfectly acceptable. Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies