Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:43 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 AM

148 posts, read 236,912 times
They aren't "handouts," they're "bailouts," and somehow that makes all of the difference.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
I note you didnt respond to the thread where liberals were accused of being a failure. Was it that you couldnt come up with an example as to how they arent and thereby have to re-direct the question?

p.s. where are "Republicans" looking for Government handouts? And before you start to list examples like Mae/Mac, Bear Stearns etc, you'll find many Republicans are against this type of actions..

If your going to make accusations, please provide some document to show the data your posting is correct.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 AM

I am noting the ridiculous nature of a previously asked question.

If you can't handle it, move on.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
why do you only repost existing threads but turn them around? how about some original freaking topics. jesus christ.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
why do you only repost existing threads but turn them around? how about some original freaking topics. jesus christ.
I am not reposting threads.

If you can't grasp such basic things, move on if thinking hurts you too much.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
you repost the exact same thread replacing words. it's boring. thinking doesn't hurt, but original thought seems to hurt you. come on, an original thread, not a reply to an existing thread. I will reply to your post. no republicans look to the government for a handout. you think all corporate people are republicans? please. no merit. republicrats and democrats might look for handouts, but give me a break.

Quote:
I am not reposting threads.

If you can't grasp such basic things, move on if thinking hurts you too much.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
I am noting the ridiculous nature of a previously asked question.

If you can't handle it, move on.
So your now admitting this was a troll thread because you couldnt articulate an intelligent response to the other thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,577,968 times
Quote:

Government handouts are no different than people feeding wild animals. Like a Grizzly Bear, if it gets use to being fed, they can become quite "Friendly" being taken care of, but when you stop feeding them to have them feed themselves, they tend to want to rip your arm off....

Doesn't really matter what party you are referring to, if the handouts are there at all levels, people will take them. The Bailouts of the major companies is wrong, if they weren't doing well, let them fail and don't reward the mangers with "Golden Parachutes" when they did wrong or were incompetent.

Welfare at the other end of the spectrum is suppose to be a safety net, not a lifestyle (which it has become). If healthy and able Welfare recipients were given the choice to do public service to get a check or get a job, many would find gainful employment elsewhere, the one's that truly need it would still be there.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
you repost the exact same thread replacing words. it's boring. thinking doesn't hurt, but original thought seems to hurt you. come on, an original thread,

I am making a valid point.

Quote:
So your now admitting this was a troll thread because you couldnt articulate an intelligent response to the other thread
Nope, it's unfortunate that you can't grasp such basic points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections