Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 09:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Illegal immigration is the one hot-button issue among the progressive left. The wages of leftism never matter to a progressive until they hit the pocket book personally. Then the squealing. The comments on NYT are flooded with protest from its progressive faithful whenever the newspaper advocates for the illegal immigrant community.
LOL.

So now the argument from you is that the progressive left is against illegal immigration. And thats a bad thing?

What utter nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 09:22 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
THIS is the only thing you need to know about H1-Bs. They are truly the high tech version of illegal immigrants.

I worked for a decade for a certain high-tech giant HQ'd in CA. They have silos of what came to be known as "The Indian Mafia", a massive majority of them H1-Bs.

The truly awful thing is that Indians are honestly not the best workers. It's disgusting that this abuse of the H1-B program continues.
The problem is not Indian H1-Bs as a group. It's very narrowly Tata/Infosys/Wipro/etc. Exclude those and Indian workers are just as strong as anyone else on average, if not more so, at least from what I've observed.

East coast though so your/my experience may vary.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:28 PM

39,258 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Not only tech companies, Edison, has been firing its domestic IT workers and replacing them with outsourced employees from India.

Edison is using the program for a different purpose — to cut its wage costs, possibly by as much as 40%

A loophole in immigration law is costing thousands of American jobs

mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,985,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL.

So now the argument from you is that the progressive left is against illegal immigration. And thats a bad thing?

What utter nonsense.
Think of the poor illegal immigrants, greywar. They're just over here to escape crushing poverty and disease and belly-distending starvation. They want a better life here.

17,440 posts, read 28,631,345 times
Would not surprise me if a disgruntled laid off IT worker retaliates by spilling all of Disney's data, files, records, and upcoming films/TV series online, a la Sony.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,904,031 times
This is disgusting. They had the workers yet chose to bring in visa workers which means the American workers become unemployed. Sure they may all get other jobs but I doubt all will get jobs or jobs paying what they were making. They then either go on unemployment or welfare and pay less in taxes. If they make less they'll pay less in taxes which means less money for things like roads. Meanwhile the visa workers send money home, making people in Indian more well off from American money. Makes me sick.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM

22,488 posts, read 12,039,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Think of the poor illegal immigrants, greywar. They're just over here to escape crushing poverty and disease and belly-distending starvation. They want a better life here.
^I take it that you are being sarcastic because you can't seriously believe this drivel^

Old 06-03-2015, 09:32 PM

39,258 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This is disgusting. They had the workers yet chose to bring in visa workers which means the American workers become unemployed. Sure they may all get other jobs but I doubt all will get jobs or jobs paying what they were making. They then either go on unemployment or welfare and pay less in taxes. If they make less they'll pay less in taxes which means less money for things like roads. Meanwhile the visa workers send money home, making people in Indian more well off from American money. Makes me sick.
agreed

Very sickening.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
The problem is not Indian H1-Bs as a group. It's very narrowly Tata/Infosys/Wipro/etc. Exclude those and Indian workers are just as strong as anyone else on average, if not more so, at least from what I've observed.

East coast though so your/my experience may vary.
Hmmm...I'd say outside of those groups you listed.....about 70% is legit and capable-or more so. However.....

Tata, InfoSys, Wipro, and probably infotech are certainly massive abusers of the system. And guess what? That represents the majority of H1-B's. Tata, Infosys, and Wipro are the three biggest H1-B sponsers. Infosys is like #6

Old 06-03-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^I take it that you are being sarcastic because you can't seriously believe this drivel^
LOL. mm4 apparently also missed the part where I am against illegal immigration. Basically he appears to be upset about me calling him out on this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies