Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM

324 posts, read 416,691 times

Advertisements

I would like to know what the fight is for? What are we fighting for these days?

From what I see, we are mainly marching and rioting over cops shooting us. Although this is a valid beef, this is in no way the biggest issue we face.

its kinda funny and embarassing at the same time. Ill sit down to watch the news. The lead story will be about some cop some where, shooting a black person, and all the outrage behind it. Once that lead story is over, the next 10 mins is full of stories about blacks shooting blacks (in one night). But theres no outrage with it.

We have a so called black leader with a 1 hour show. When white cop shoots black man, he spends 50 mins on the story. But when black on black murder is discussed, its usually limited to his last 2 min sign off comments.

I even saw where the Memphis NAACP went to a town in Mississippi to bring attention to black man who was found hanging from a tree. Mind you, to get to that town, that had to pass through all the hoods in Memphis, which at the time was seeing a bunch a murders including the murders of a7 & 14 yr old black GIRLS. Some black guys targeted the 14 yr old girl because her family member shot the 7yr old. in a drive by. They also had to pass Clarksdale, MS, which at the time had some shootings going on. One of which ,someone rang a doorbell, and when grandma came to the door, they shot her. Yes, they bust a cap in big mama. So the NAACP stays quiet on all these things, to go down and make their presence in the town where the guy was found hanging. You cant make this crap up!

Then to top it off, we're on TV screaming "black lives matter". Which is correct. Black lives do matter. But if you watch the news tonight, Ill bet you will agree with me that white people are the ones that need to be to told this.

So someone please tell me. WTH is the fight about?!?!

Old 06-04-2015, 06:55 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
We have had 40 years of affirmative action and at least 30 years of increasingly shrill political correctness. Can we at least agree that whatever gains can be achieved by these forced approaches very largely have been? Your post sounds like you may be just about ready to accept that.

Your observation in bold is correct, and that is also where the answer to your question lies.

Justice and equality are not collectivist concepts and the misguided expectation that they can or should be provided collectively is at the center of the reason for the confusion and frustration that you and others who think like you have on this issue.

Also, your comment that "fairness and equality is not what they will give us," seems to regard it as unjust and unfair that you are not being "given" more. What in the world? Is this the beginning of another reparations thread? {Yawn}

The reason you are not "going to receive a answer that will make any logical sense" to you, is that your view of social justice is not logical and it does not align with the realities of our existence. You need to reconsider your understanding of justice and equality if you want to be relieved of this burden.
Ok, so I
choose to me a humane person that elevates love in all that I try to do in my life for all people.I operate within the confines of loving people and people that also hate my race. I am not affiliated with any religion, but I do believe in a higher power. I have just expressed my belief of the world in which I live. I have to believe that change will eventually come, but not in my era of living here in this country. It is all good! I have no power over others, but in the end I will know that I have done my best to bring forth justice and equality for all. We all have different skills, abilities, and talents to make the world and America the best we can, minus the power-which I do not have. I grew up during the Civil Rights ERA! My Dad was very prominent in this field of work, so believe me I truly understand the meaning of justice and equality. I am 52 years old and I have done the work that was required of me. Always stayed gainfully employed and a dissertation away from having my Doctorate degree. Both son and daughter educated, had a long term marriage, and never lived in poverty young or old. I am one that used to be on the outside looking in, but I have made the fabric of my being to exist with those who have been in the trenches of difficulties in this life, and so YES I can highly justify my reasoning for testifying that justice and equality will never be achieved for us here in America. Class will be a factor too for ALL RACES EVENTUALLY!

Old 06-04-2015, 06:59 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I am an African American with the emphasis on the American, so no I won't be following you back to Africa. The fight is here and I ain't leaving.

To borrow from the Boss
"No Retreat, No Surrender!"
Heck, I was gonna say that!!

Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 PM

324 posts, read 416,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Ok, so I
Class will be a factor too for ALL RACES EVENTUALLY!
It already is. But those of us not in high society have yet to realize it.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:14 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The one constant in life is that it is inherently unfair. Accept that, work with what you have with an eye to the future and you will eventually succeed.
Success for each of us is different! We all have different perceptions of what it should be, and based on main stream society perceptions, it may not be achievable for all. Therein lies the problem.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:15 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd907 View Post
When you were born and raised in one country its hard to just get up and move to a country you know nothing about. Listen, if everyone were required to go back to their original national historical roots, there would be nobody left in the United States. I would be in Europe. And I have to ask. Where did this notion about blacks having to go back to Africa come from?
Whites?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:09 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
The history of America has proven over and over again that fairness and equality is not what they will give to us, so keep your mentally sanity and stop believing that it will ever change. I truly believe that this must be a spiritual test, and that our justice will be seen in another realm of life.!
I don't believe in fairness in life, I do believe life plays different rules.

1. I think life is a competition. Every nice things you want in life, so does everybody else. We constantly hear "Just do your best." I've been trained by my grandparents and parents, both my brothers that, sometimes, doing your best is still not good enough. You have to find your own niche, and be better than everybody else.

Fortunately, we don’t live in a world where everyone has to kill each other to prosper. The blessing of modern civilization is there’s abundant opportunities, and enough for us all to get by, even if we don’t compete directly.

2. I don't believe abilities are prized by their virtue. Whatever admiration society awards us, comes from the selfish perspectives of others. A hard working janitor is less rewarded by society than a ruthless stockbroker. A NBA basketball player will ALWAYS get paid better than a combat wounded warrior.

So in a way, social reward is like a network effect. The more numbers of people you impact, the more reward you receive.

Can you imagine how insane life would be if it actually was ‘fair’ to everyone?

I remember when I lost a boyfriend to suicide, I asked "why did this have to happen to me?" My therapist said, "Why shouldn't it happen to you? Do you honestly expect life to be fair?" Yes, it sounds offensive, but I get the message she is trying to send out.

There will always be people dislike me because I am who I am. It is life. I agree with the poster who said work with what you have, always associate yourself with friends.

I have many friends from different racial backgrounds At the end of the day, my family, loved ones, friends (I have a lot of them ) are the only ones I care about. Yes, they are My own people.

p.s. I read your second article about retail. My family has many retail businesses, I think the article is biased. I don't believe minorities have been paid less. But this is another subject and I don't want to get into it.

I think media likes to sensationalizing things to get people work up. just my humble opinion.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:21 PM

267 posts, read 311,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Whites?
SOME whites say "Go back to Africa". I don't say that, because it makes no sense. Then you'd have to tell me to "Go back to Europe". So not all whites say that.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:32 PM

906 posts, read 712,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd907 View Post
SOME whites say "Go back to Africa". I don't say that, because it makes no sense. Then you'd have to tell me to "Go back to Europe". So not all whites say that.
Answer is blacks. Marcus Garvey. Back in the day blacks would cornrow their hair as a show of support for it.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:17 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is more of a class situation than a color situation.

Sorry, that doesn`t fit the "cuz I`m black" narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies