Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:18 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,242,471 times

Advertisements

With the way things are going, there will probably be poverty on the same level with what Haiti has right now. 85% of the population will be destitute, 14% will be the middle class which who will make life comfortable for 1% of the population. Small areas on NYC, Washington DC, and the Bay area in CA will be nice, but most cities, especially places like Baltimore & St. Louis will be absolutely crime ridden and will probably resemble Caracas, Venezuela.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 03:21 PM

106 posts, read 74,867 times
do you think it will resemble anything like the USA today ? I doubt it.
will you still be alive ? possibly.
what cultural changes will have happened ? Not sure.
what will a white minority USA look like ? I don't know
will white people still hold political powers ? Most likely yes
what states will still have a white majority ? Vermont and New Hampshire since there isn't high immigration of minorities there.
will the USA still be the most powerful nation in the world? No, I suspect India and China will be world powers

Old 06-04-2015, 03:27 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,984,831 times
Pluto in Pisces....

Before that, Pluto in Aquarius: networking, electronics, robotics; huge applied STEM advances between 2024 and 2044. Between that time rapid advancement, in relative baby steps, in quantum computing.

Last edited by mm4; 06-04-2015 at 03:47 PM..

Old 06-04-2015, 03:32 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,413,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN 2060

do you think it will resemble anything like the USA today ?
will you still be alive ?
what cultural changes will have happened ?
what will a white minority USA look like ?
will white people still hold political powers ?
what states will still have a white majority ?
will the USA still be the most powerful nation in the world ?
Unlikely.

Possibly.

Islam is projected to grow more than twice as fast as any other major religion over the next half century because of a higher fertility rate. I've read recently the world's two largest religions, Christianity and Islam, will be near parity by 2050.

If I was a betting person, I'd bet that conflicts between radical Muslim groups and Western nations with Christian majorities will become more inflamed in the decades ahead.

This major shift in the dominant religion combined with a rapid population growth in poor countries will result in economic hardship and political unrest giving rise to extremist violence. Since everyone will have the bomb by then,.....Kaboom.

don't know

sure, along with others. I doubt race will be a big deal in 2060.

don't know

no, see cultural changes.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-04-2015 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-04-2015, 03:55 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,784,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Mind control weapons.....hmmm..by 2060 maybe. hard to say for sure. We're looking at extremely powerful laser weapons this decade.
The Russians have already developed crude mind control weapons:

Vladimir Putin Confirms Russian Zombie Radiation Gun

Old 06-04-2015, 04:07 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
I couldn't care less about more race mixing in the future. My concern is what our culture will be like and will we have jobs for most able bodied Americans and enough social and resources to accommodate our growing population.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:12 PM

39,251 posts, read 27,650,711 times
As for the development of robot soldiers, despite decades of intensive research and continuous breakthroughs in robotics, the progress in creating autonomous military robots has been surprisingly slow. Several projects funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) have resulted in humanoid robot prototypes, but they lack the portable power source and intelligence that would allow them to act beyond very limited non-combat roles.

Robots, soldiers and cyborgs: The future of warfare | Robohub

I read it somewhere, according to this infantry guy

my whole 2011 deployment was spent in muddy poppie fields of southern afghanistan and grape rows that will swollow you with their vines and spit you out with some HME. All our technology and still that one xxxx with an RPG can still do so much damage. The last 100 yards will always be the infantrys job.

So my vote still goes to ground troops, special forces / snipers / seals/ Recons / rangers ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, according to Steven Pinker, author of Better Angels of our nature,

The world is actually becoming more peaceful due to civilization. Similar culture is SOOOOOOOO important.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:45 PM

30,297 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
In all honesty...I think the environment will benefit from technology enough that it will become more livable.

The rest....possible. VR entertainment is quickly becoming better-my GearVR system is amazing, but still obviously a first step. I am actually more excited about AR.

Mind control weapons.....hmmm..by 2060 maybe. hard to say for sure. We're looking at extremely powerful laser weapons this decade.
You bring up an interesting point that I've thought about quite a bit.

Virtual Reality...it's definitely going to take over. We will look back and long for the days when we were "only" glued to our text messages. And honestly, I can see the draw. That Occulus Rift is pretty fricken awesome. You can go anywhere, you can do anything, but you never have to actually leave. You don't have to deal with other people. You don't have to spend a fortune to visit parts of the world you've always wanted to visit. You can go on a Safari, wrestle gators, go to countries that are too dangerous to visit in real life, and not actually fear for your own safety.

As for the OP, what do I think the US will look like in 2060? A lot different than it does now. Will I still be alive? Who knows, any one of us can drop dead in the next half an hour, we never know.

I think more robots will be doing the work, and I can't say that I would blame a company for setting it up that way. There's no sick days, (if a robot breaks down, you have replacements who don't make excuses as to why they can't show up, and their quality of work is identical), there's no vacation, there's no benefits to be paid out, there's no holiday pay, over time pay, arguments about what is a decent wage, no requests for raises, no negotiations about pay, no time spent interviewing, no time or resources spent on background checks, no issues with people showing up to work drunk or high, no tardiness, no clocking out early, sneaking out of work for a smoke, there will be no "high turnover", and the robots will do the job of 16 different departments like they try to make people do now for less pay, but the robots won't complain about it, rebel, or get an attitude that they are "better than this bs work". There will be no shortage of change in the till, there will be no employee theft...none of these things will happen.

But where does that leave us humans? How do we make a living? How do we support ourselves to eat, have a roof, electricity, etc? How do we earn that if the jobs are even more scarce?

How are we going to find the means to have a house to sit in to be able to partake in our VR world instead of the real world?

What kind of labor will humans be doing if they are not the actual owner/CEO of a business? Once the robots are built, you don't necessarily need people to work on the robots because other robots will work on the robots. So where does that leave humans, and how do they get by?

Old 06-04-2015, 04:55 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
China will still be recovering from massive social upheaval and revolution that will take place later this century. So will the US if we don't correct the worsening imbalance of wealth.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:00 PM

676 posts, read 991,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
How about 80 percent of the American population is mixed and we can just admit it. Most all blacks are mixed already. I identify as white and have have Mexican ancestry as does my extended family and a woman I'm dating. My neighbor is Japanese and Anglo. All the black men I work with have white or Hispanic wives and mixed kids, my best friend at work is Korean and German- his kids have blonde hair and blue eyes and look German-can they still claim their Korean side?

Anyway, the way that race is claimed and reinforced by the government in the country has created more division than not.

Bladerunner

you are living in a delusional world if you believe your ramblings

80% of the U.S population is not Mixed, don't be stupid

Mexicans can be white, Mexican is not a race , 15% of Mexico is white

your personal experiences with a few limited people do not represent a nation of over 300,000,000 people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies