Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you are complaining about something that you voted for? Does it sting, you know that you f'd everyone?

What if I don't want insurance, not because I cannot afford it, I just don't want it because I have the ability to pay cash?
It doesn't sting at all. Health coverage was a mess, increasing all the time and insurance companies refusing to pay coverage by using the "pre-existing conditions" excuse if the person got sick. But I'm all for ending all of it if it means Medicare goes too.

Don't pay for insurance. I don't care if you do or don't. I don't want to pay for a bunch of seniors who don't pay enough for the coverage they are getting. End it all and the seniors can go pay market rates.

Government should not cover seniors while those seniors vote away coverage for those younger. End all of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 03:22 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It doesn't sting at all. Health coverage was a mess, increasing all the time and insurance companies refusing to pay coverage by using the "pre-existing conditions" excuse if the person got sick. But I'm all for ending all of it if it means Medicare goes too.
Sure it does, you just won't admit it...you fell for the "under my program all Americans will be insured" now you bitching because it did not work out and using medicare as an excuse....

Quote:
Don't pay for insurance. I don't care if you do or don't. I don't want to pay for a bunch of seniors who don't pay enough for the coverage they are getting. End it all and the seniors can go pay market rates.
Yes you do, it's all or nothing, right?

Quote:
Government should not cover seniors while those seniors vote away coverage for those younger. End all of it.
Seniors paid....right?

You're all over the map.....are you a millennial?

Old 06-07-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Sure it does, you just won't admit it...you fell for the "under my program all Americans will be insured" now you bitching because it did not work out and using medicare as an excuse....

Yes you do, it's all or nothing, right?

Seniors paid....right?

You're all over the map.....are you a millennial?
I'm not on Obamacare I pay for my own (and my family's) health coverage. But if rightwingers like you want to end government involvement in health coverage, it needs to start with Medicare which does not pay for itself. I don't care if you have health coverage or not. Why should I? I am not a millennial at all and my position is very clear. All or nothing. End all of it and let everyone pay (or not pay) for themselves, including seniors.

Is that clear enough for you?

Old 06-07-2015, 03:26 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Then you should be happy to stop paying.
I'll stop paying AND I want my money plus compounded interest back. After that, I'll happily fend for myself.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:

What did they "vote away" ?

I vote in every election, local and national and never seen anything regarding health insurance as a voting item.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll stop paying AND I want my money plus compounded interest back. After that, I'll happily fend for myself.
Good. You take that up with whoever will do the numbers. In the meantime, we end Medicare. I don't owe you a penny. Cry to someone else.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
I'm not on Obamacare I pay for my own (and my family's) health coverage. But if rightwingers like you want to end government involvement in health coverage, it needs to start with Medicare which does not pay for itself. I don't care if you have health coverage or not. Why should I? I am not a millennial at all and my position is very clear. All or nothing. End all of it and let everyone pay (or not pay) for themselves, including seniors.

Is that clear enough for you?
We don't have a choice to opt out of FICA.
I would have done that years ago.

So you're barking up the wrong tree here with your outrage directed at posters.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:29 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We don't have a choice to opt out of FICA.
I would have done that years ago.

So you're barking up the wrong tree here with your outrage directed at posters.
seacove is all over the map...it's all or nothing, unless I choose to not have insurance, not because I cannot afford it....

Old 06-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What did they "vote away" ?

I vote in every election, local and national and never seen anything regarding health insurance as a voting item.
Seniors are primarily Republican who feel Medicare is their right even though they don't pay nearly enough and depend on my money to cover what they didn't pay for. End all of it including Medicare. You're a happy Texan? Good! Let's make all health coverage state-based. End Medicare, end Obamacare and you can take it up with Abbott.

States should have the right to put a five year moratorium on anyone moving to their state's participation of health coverage so they can't chase benefits. Survival of the fittest.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
seacove is all over the map...it's all or nothing, unless I choose to not have insurance, not because I cannot afford it....
I've told you three times I don't care if you don't have insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies