Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:54 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times

Advertisements

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Thinks 'The Black Community Is Better Off' Because Of Rachel Dolezal

Old 06-15-2015, 07:58 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Isn't he a baby boomer?

Those are the ones that seem to be siding with this woman.

If all she did was claim AA ancestry, then I wouldn't have a problem either, but she went plum fool with the black persecution stories.

I mean what HASN'T the "white" man done to either her or her family that we haven't heard yet? LOL!!

Old 06-15-2015, 08:17 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Isn't he a baby boomer?

Those are the ones that seem to be siding with this woman.

If all she did was claim AA ancestry, then I wouldn't have a problem either, but she went plum fool with the black persecution stories.

I mean what HASN'T the "white" man done to either her or her family that we haven't heard yet? LOL!!
She got to her position of power by deception; so in my opinion she is an awful person--I know she has resigned, but she is a liar.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:38 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
black men seem to think this woman is better than sliced bread. i wonder why black men will stop at nothing to make fools of themselves over non black women. she did her job at the NAACP. what else was she supposed to do?

Old 06-15-2015, 10:48 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
black men seem to think this woman is better than sliced bread. i wonder why black men will stop at nothing to make fools of themselves over non black women. she did her job at the NAACP. what else was she supposed to do?
lol... Kareem does seem quite smitten with her.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:38 PM

165 posts, read 169,957 times
I don't understand why she had to lie about her ethnicity. It's not like she can't be white (aka herself) and dedicate her life to issues involving Black people. There were plenty of activists during the civil rights era that traveled to the south to protest the brutality against Blacks and they were White. There have been NAACP chapter presidents who were White. Even looking at the organization itself 3/4 of the NAACP founders were White/Jewish.

I don't discount her concern for her fellow human being of the negroid persuasion but there is something....off about this lady.

Last edited by J2201987; 06-15-2015 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: add more information

Old 06-15-2015, 11:50 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
The vocal minority don't represent all of us. You're not being any better than the bigots on this site who make dumb statements about Blacks as a whole.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2201987 View Post
I don't understand why she had to lie about her ethnicity. It's not like she can't be white (aka herself) and dedicate her life to issues involving Black people. There were plenty of activists during the civil rights era that traveled to the south to protest the brutality against Blacks and they were White.
It's a testament to the legitimacy of civil rights causes in the 1960s vs. today. Sure, back then there was no reason why a white person couldn't advocate for those causes. But Dolezal would never have been taken seriously as a white woman in the role that she took, crying racism at every perceived microagression in the vicinity of Spokane.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 06-16-2015 at 12:33 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 12:36 AM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2201987 View Post
I don't understand why she had to lie about her ethnicity. It's not like she can't be white (aka herself) and dedicate her life to issues involving Black people.
She tried that and didn`t get her very far. While as a student at Howard U she actually filed a racial discrimination lawsuit and lost.

It wasn`t until she went "Black" that she started going places (so to speak.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...Dolezal would never have been taken seriously as a white woman in the role that she took, crying racism at every perceived microagression in the vicinity of Spokane.
Exactly.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:50 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Anyone who parodies the racial grievance industry is all right in my book.

If people are rending clothes and gnashing teeth over this white woman getting special privileges by pretending to be black, then perhaps they will be intellectually honest enough to ask why black people get special privileges by being black. Slavery ended 150 years ago, and their decedents now get to live in a country of free education, Obamacare, Obamaphones, a social safety net, affirmative action, other social engineering programs, and opportunity and rule of law unimaginable in any African country.

Rather than avail themselves of these fine things, they are watching generation after generation of immigrants come here with nothing but the shirts on their backs and surpass them.

So I say god bless this trans-racial hero. More white people, and especially Asians, should follow suit and get the 350 point handicap on the SATs, the set-aside spots, etc. Flood the system until it no longer works, and rather than quit when discovered, take it to court and argue that you are, indeed, African American because, by the out of Africa theory, we all are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies