Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 06:25 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Obama is the ultimate do-nothing president. All that's happened under his watch has been a massive increase in the national debt and an asset / stock market bubble. We might as well just replace Obama with a machine that gives speeches and signs any spending bill that reaches his desk. What a joke this guy has been. There has zero decrease in the rate of decline of this country under his watch; in fact, this country is going to Hell at a faster rate than ever before.
Nah, I disagree. The stimulus saved us from another depression. Economists agree.

He saved the U.S. Auto industry.

Passed banking regulations, created the consumer protection agency, the consumer protection agency has helped millions of Americans. Many big banks and conservatives are trying to curb the banking regulations. GE got out if the home mortgage business

Passed the Affordable care Act, has reduced the uninsured rate by 7-8% in two years. And gas covered 10's of millions of Americans.

His department of justice has opened investigations into many police departments and found rampant racial discrimination against black citizens and has gotten some police departments to introduce changes and has really tried to reform the criminal justice system in America.

The fair sentencing act reduces differences between crack and powder cocaine which have led to huge racial disparities. The act elemanated mandatory 5 year sentencing for first time crack possession.

The prison population dropped for the first time in 40 years. And crime dropped as well.
He will be seen as the president that started to end mass incarceration and the war on drugs.

That's just top of my head.

President Obama will be seen as one of the most consequential Presidents. His place in history is assured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Obama is the ultimate do-nothing president. All that's happened under his watch has been a massive increase in the national debt and an asset / stock market bubble. We might as well just replace Obama with a machine that gives speeches and signs any spending bill that reaches his desk. What a joke this guy has been. There has zero decrease in the rate of decline of this country under his watch; in fact, this country is going to Hell at a faster rate than ever before.
Also why do conservatives over estimate the time President Obama has been President?

7 years ago was June 2008. GWBush was still in office and had another 7months left.

7 years in Office for President Obama will be end of January 2016. Since he wasn't sworn in until end of January 2009.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Also why do conservatives over estimate the time President Obama has been President?

7 years ago was June 2008. GWBush was still in office and had another 7months left.

7 years in Office for President Obama will be end of January 2016. Since he wasn't sworn in until end of January 2009.

Shame on dem.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:36 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
I'm actually thankful for that. Given his swift rise out of nowhere with zero political experience I was worried about him being a Manchurian candidate and concerned about what those behind him might do. I'm kind of relieved he did nothing. I think he's an awful president in that he didn't do anything (but what do you expect from someone with his lack of experience) but I'm glad he sucks for what he didn't do instead of what he did do. It can be very difficult to undo things once they are set him motion.

I am worried about what Hillary will do. The digital natives are so easily lead by the nose that I'm pretty sure she'll be our next president. The republican party is divided and a three horse race will insure republican votes are divided and Hillary will win. Republicans need to pick one candidate and stand behind him or her (I'd LOVE to see Condoleezza run) the way liberals do. Liberals worship their candidates and cast a hive mind vote for the one they pick. Republicans can be their own worst enemy here. All it takes is two conservative candidates divvying up the conservative votes to insure a liberal win.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Shame on dem.
It just proves a level of either dishonesty, ignorance, or both.

I think a lot of conservatives believe President Obama was President in 2008.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:56 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,633 times
I have been so disgusted with Obama. He promised too much and delivered too little. I am just fed up with him. He is not a liberal or democrat. Instead we got a dictator who wants to go above the law and around congress. He kept blaming Bush, but then followed Bush's lead and went way beyond Bush. Just tired of him. I wish Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would be president. I realize too I would probably be defending either of them, but at least they would slash the government and military industrial complex.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It just proves a level of either dishonesty, ignorance, or both.

I think a lot of conservatives believe President Obama was President in 2008.

Over estimated by a whole 7 months. My, my, my.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:12 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Not my post, but someone else said this and I think it's worth putting here:

George W. Bush inherited a growing economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 16 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 65 months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, and got Gaddafi, along with deporting more illegals than any other president.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
We've had 7 tears (SP?) of progressive liberal institutional ideology born and bred from a position of hating the very country he's supposed to love and be leading!

This is what you get when the people are gullible enough to VOTE for a person they know hates us... or is it that the tipping point of ignorance has been achieved?

RAND PAUL 2016

RAND PAUL 2016

RAND PAUL 2016

RAND PAUL 2016

RAND PAUL 2016
/groan

Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Over estimated by a whole 7 months. My, my, my.
Yeah, it's way off.
If it was say December and someone wanted to say President Obama has been President for 7 years ok.
But now in the middle of June?

Seven years ago was the middle of June 2008.

Then Senator Obama wasn't even the Democratic nominee for President at that point. He hadn't even locked up the Democratic nomination.

So saying he was President in June 2008( which is 7years ago) is historically way way off and again shows a level of ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies