Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 07:35 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'll tell you what, if you are ever caught with a counterfeit $20 bill, I really do hope they throw the book at you and lock you up for not doing your due diligence.

I'm not wanting to be a jerk here, but I truly believe people with this "zero tolerance" mindset get a little "zero tolerance" thrown back on them.

Are you an assistant principal at Wamsutta Middle School?

Student Suspended For Butter Knife She Brought To Middle School In Packed Lunch
On the bill issue, I'd agree that I'd need to be seriously questioned.

On the butter knife, that's just a poor and improper interpretation of the rule. Or the rule is not clearly written. No such vague interpretation in the rule "don't have sex with kids".

On an adult knowingly having sexual relations with a child (as in "he *did* know he was having sex, right?"), my opinion stands. He should have known with whom he was engaging in such activity.

He was more interested in "hey, I'm getting some young stuff" rather than "just how young is it?"

Old 06-19-2015, 07:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

On the butter knife, that's just a poor and improper interpretation of the rule. Or the rule is not clearly written. No such vague interpretation in the rule "don't have sex with kids".

On an adult knowingly having sexual relations with a child (as in "he *did* know he was having sex, right?"), my opinion stands. He should have known with whom he was engaging in such activity.

He was more interested in "hey, I'm getting some young stuff" rather than "just how young is it?"
Are you saying you wouldn't know if you had a $20?

Are you saying the girl didn't know she had a knife?

Sorry, but if we're going down that "zero tolerance" hallway, you'd need to go to jail for having that counterfeit $20 bill and the little girl should be prosecuted for taking a knife to school.

Just as the 19-year-old didn't do his due diligence by running a background check on a girl who told him she was 17, you need to do your due diligence on every $20 bill you receive. Zero tolerance.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:59 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Well, if underage teens are that devious and lying that much, you just have to be extra careful. Like I said, hook up with people you know (and you know their age) or go for the very obviously older. If there is any doubt, don't. Especially if you know all these kids look older to you and have fake IDs. The only thing any person can do right now, in that situation, with the law the way it is, is to control one's own behavior.

I have compassion for the kid (to me he's still a kid), but the way our laws work, people need to step up and do something--not just say, "it's unfair" and expect someone else to change it. I don't live in his state (or the other state) so I can't do anything. So the people who live in that area and who are outraged need to petition to change things and in the meantime, other people looking for random hookup sex with others need to control the one thing they can... themselves and who they pick to have sex with.
Except one thing - if these girls are at 21+ clubs or on apps in which the minimum age is 18, you aren't going to be suspicious, people aren't going to be naturally inclined to be suspicious.

I have never met a girl at a bar or club and thought to myself, "wait a minute, this girl might actually be 15."

I guess people expect everyone to carry around card readers to scan for fake I.D.'s.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:25 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Except one thing - if these girls are at 21+ clubs or on apps in which the minimum age is 18, you aren't going to be suspicious, people aren't going to be naturally inclined to be suspicious.

I have never met a girl at a bar or club and thought to myself, "wait a minute, this girl might actually be 15."

I guess people expect everyone to carry around card readers to scan for fake I.D.'s.
All I am saying is that you have to be very careful and not trust strangers when it is your freedom and criminal record on the line. What else are you doing to do? It's something you do need to ask yourself it would seem in this day and age. Just like you can't take e-mail from strangers at face value because it might be a scam that hurts you, you can't take this information from strangers at face value either.

I said the laws should be changed to be more just and fair, but in the meantime, you need to do what you can to protect yourself and that means being really sure of someone's age before having sex or accepting that there is a risk that you could end up with a criminal record. That is the reality of the two choices you have: risk it or don't. Only an individual knows if random sex with strangers is worth that risk or not.

And I might add there are other risks as well. It's your choice to take them (it's a free country), but other things to think about: SDTs, if there is a boyfriend or girlfriend in the picture who might hurt you, the person might rob you, might kill you (Craigslist murderer), or the person might even be sick and malicious and decide to lie and say they were raped when it was actually legal and consensual sex. It's not just worrying about age that's the issue here. Have sex with strangers if you like, but don't complain when the risky behavior results in something bad (there are whacked people out there)-- and bad things happening comes with the territory.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times
He is a rapist and a minor can't give consent.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:29 AM

This reminds me of Joey Butterfucco on Long Island who was charged with rape with Amy Fischer. 16 is age of consent in NY.

He claimed she said she was 16 when she was actually 15 about to turn 16 and agreed to have relations.

Joey was a 40ish year old Married man. Joey is a rapist and married men in their 40s should not be screwing kids in HS over or under 16

Old 06-19-2015, 08:34 AM

One of the famous celebs who sleeps with a ton of women Chad Ochocinco has never been charged with rape or stuff like that.

He follows a simple rule. He never sleeps with a girl on a one night stand ever. They then exchange texts/emails he sets up a daytime first date and no alcohol or drugs is ever involved. He said after first date in daylight dead sober they then have relations.

No booty calls, no alchol, no married women, no minors. Plenty of hot girls he gets.

Men who screw minors, married women, do one night stands, get girls drunk or drugged first well we know what happens. They ruin many women lives then eventually one ruins their life

Old 06-19-2015, 08:34 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

HE was young, he is 19! Did you ask 17 year olds for ID when you were 19? Even the girl's mom fought for him.

Now this young man will never get a job or have any kind of normal life, for what?? And you all get to pay his "entitlements" that everyone so hates for the rest of his life since he won't be able to get a job. Congratulations! That'll show him!!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
He is a rapist and a minor can't give consent.
Hey look, a dumbazz.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Hey look, a dumbazz.
I wasn't sure at first, because she was moving fast, but I double checked, and sure enough, you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies