Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 11:27 AM

520 posts, read 532,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Agreed, again.

I don't know man, I've seen adults struggle to parallel park their Prius in a spot that could fit a Caribbean cruise ship, lol.
The only reason they struggle with parallel parking is because many of us simply dont do it ever. If they did, they would get it down within a week.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:33 AM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
The only reason they struggle with parallel parking is because many of us simply dont do it ever. If they did, they would get it down within a week.
I struggle because I have the worst spatial skills ever. I failed my first driving test due to that, and my mom had to get me paid lessons just in parallel parking. The 2nd time I still did badly, but I think the guy felt sorry for me and he passed me anyway, lol.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:37 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
So if any of you have a 14 year old daughter and she does something stupid like chatting with a boy on line and when 19 year old boy asks age she says 16 and he says lets meet for a milkshake. Like an immature child that she is after all 14 is a child he meets this 19 years old and he grabs her and rapes her. Maybe makes her pregant, gives her an STD, maybe calls her a **** and posts photos of half naked on-line, maybe daughter commits suicide or has depression from it or drops out of school.

Hey boys will be boys

Old 06-19-2015, 11:39 AM

520 posts, read 532,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
So if any of you have a 14 year old daughter and she does something stupid like chatting with a boy on line and when 19 year old boy asks age she says 16 and he says lets meet for a milkshake. Like an immature child that she is after all 14 is a child he meets this 19 years old and he grabs her and rapes her. Maybe makes her pregant, gives her an STD, maybe calls her a **** and posts photos of half naked on-line, maybe daughter commits suicide or has depression from it or drops out of school.

Hey boys will be boys
Oh give me a break. That aint what happened here.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:47 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
So if any of you have a 14 year old daughter and she does something stupid like chatting with a boy on line
Nothing wrong with chatting with a boy online. If the parent has an issue with it, perhaps they should not allow online access. If the daughter is seeking a sexual encounter with a guy, no matter the age, online, well, who raised the daughter?

Quote:
and when 19 year old boy asks age she says 16
The girl lied, not the guy. I will repeat so you understand; the girl lied, not the guy.

Quote:
and he says lets meet for a milkshake.
The girl agreed to meet. The girl agreed to chat online, the girl lied about her age, the girl agreed to meet.

Quote:
Like an immature child that she is after all 14 is a child he meets this 19 years old and he grabs her and rapes her.
In this case, she was not forced into sex, she consented to it and even pursued a sexual encounter by lying about her age. In any case, a 14 year old girl can be raped by anyone, a teacher, parent, relative, classmate, etc. However, in this case, the girl went out of her way, even lying about her age, to engage in a sexual encounter.

Quote:
Maybe makes her pregant, gives her an STD, maybe calls her a **** and posts photos of half naked on-line, maybe daughter commits suicide or has depression from it or drops out of school.
Again, this did not happen in this case. Again, this could happen with any person she associates with; relatives, teachers, classmates, etc.

Quote:
Hey boys will be boys
And girls will be girls.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I struggle because I have the worst spatial skills ever. I failed my first driving test due to that, and my mom had to get me paid lessons just in parallel parking. The 2nd time I still did badly, but I think the guy felt sorry for me and he passed me anyway, lol.
That's okay, they make cars that'll do it for you now...

Old 06-19-2015, 12:21 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:

Hey boys will be boys
LOL, are you sure you're in the right thread? That's not even close to what happened here.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 PM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:

Hey boys will be boys
He didn't do any of that, and she said she was 17.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
LOL, are you sure you're in the right thread? That's not even close to what happened here.
And then a spaceship with a mind-control ray showed up with a magical unicorn....

I know, she's trying to present something completely different from what occurred.

This should be really simple. The girl lied to the boy about her age and there was no reason to doubt her (based upon her parents support). He never should have been charged.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:

Hey boys will be boys
That isn't what happened at all. You do realize HER parents think this is unjust and are pretty vocal about it, don't you? I think that says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies