Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 11:24 AM

16,818 posts, read 8,800,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I understand it's been a while since the post about picking that church was made, but I felt it should be clarified that the shooter did pick that specific church:

"Keep in mind that Roof didn’t attack a church near his home in Lexington, South Carolina. Instead he traveled nearly two hours to a historic church for the black community, the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church."

Get Real: Charleston Church Shooting Was Terrorism - The Daily Beast

I really do get what you're saying OP about decorum and waiting a few days. Having grown up in the South, I've been instilled with some sense of it; however please take into consideration the news cycle we now live in and the speed in which current events are reported. Waiting a week from the shooting will look like a bungled response from our President to a Domestic Terrorist attack. Yes, I'm calling it that because it fits the criteria as defined by our legal code.

Well I was not aware of this, and as you said, I requested info to that effect when it was proffered earlier. If the guy took two hours to pick a specific church, then in my mind that helps to discount what will undoubtedly be a claim of innocence by reason of insanity.
Hopefully the little coward will man up enough to stand behind his warped thinking, and take responsibility for his actions.
Thanks for posting the link.

As to your understanding, I also think far too many people have become uncouth & course when it comes to a proper way to deal with unexpected loss.

As to the news cycle, a president cannot allow his media reputation to be of concern during certain tragic events which transcend politics.
I certainly think he should have made a statement, and I was hoping for a positive one(which by and large he gave). I just didn't want his typical injection of xyz since his playbook calls for no tragedy to go to waste politically.
Unlike some cynics here that will scoff at this, I was pulling for him. Just as I think people were pulling for Bush when he stood at ground zero at the WTC, regardless of whether they liked or despised his politics.
So two separate speeches certainly would have been understood based on proper decorum. Had the media tried to attack him based on what you said, he easily could have backed them down by saying it was not the time nor place. People such as myself would obviously have backed him up on it, as would civilized and cultured society. Frankly I don't think the media would have lambasted him, as they would not have solid grounds for doing so.

Anyway, I am glad we see eye to eye on some of this. It must be from our southern born & bred upbringing.

`

Old 06-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
^ A smokescreen of fustian and fantasy
I see, you don't want to be engaged when directly challenged to back up your false assertions, but want to take the time to throw in little snide comments like this. Or quoting someone else in opposition with me, with a quick
All the while not directly backing up your own words.

Again, that is not in my DNA, but I get how some people are like that.

`

Old 06-19-2015, 11:35 AM

999 posts, read 1,034,448 times
Anyone who thinks this shooting was not about race is an absolute idiot.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,691,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barack has no legitimate connection to that city or that church. He has no business injecting himself into a local issue.
According to that logic, Bush should not have injected himself into Katrina or the World Trade Center attack.

After all, they were local events, right?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Whether you like it or not, Obama has his liberal haters who think that he is too moderate. I saw a black woman crash into a CNN interview yesterday screaming "the president is an Uncle Tom too."

I have no doubt some far leftist loons think Obama is a right wing conservative, but that is not the scale you want to judge your payout on.

Heck in a different thread one leftist loon actually said the NYT was a conservative paper out to get Hillary.
When I challenged them to back it up, they of course had nothing, but continued to make the claim. Even after I posted that the NYT has not endorsed a (R) presidential candidate in the general election since 1953, they were unconvinced.
That of course means they endorsed the likes of McGovern, Mondale and Dukakis among other landslide losers.

The point is that despite what a few uber left wing kooks believe, Obama is a liberal by most measures.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:56 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,112,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Wow, the PC force is strong with this one. For starters I notice you capitalize the word black, but not the word white. Small but telling.

I certainly do not need to dig out of any hole, as my position has been consistent despite the typical PC tactics of trying to get me to knuckle under.

Your rambling about Obama giving the country to blacks is absurd on it's face. While there is little doubt he is more focused on helping black people more than even our "first black president" in Bill Clinton, he hardly could turn the country over as you put it.
So only some lunatic could have such thoughts. Maybe the freak who perpetrated these acts felt that way, but I think we have established he is evil to the core.

My reasons for opposing most of what Obama does are as sound as what my support of what a hypothetical president Carson would be (based on what little I know of him).
Unlike some liberals who admitted voting for Obama because he was black, I would neither vote for, nor against a person based on their skin color.

`
The only thing it tells me is that I forgot to capitalize the word White.

As for PC, sorry buddy...I am a Black man that's extremely angry over the slaughter of some church goers simply because of the color of their skin...nothing PC about it...I am pissed off

My impression from your first post was that you were one of those people afraid that Obama would turn the country over to Blacks upon his election...you say only lunatics would think that...I agree and thats what I thought when reading your first post...the fact that you cannot see how imbecilic your petty nitpicking appears in your first post should give you pause

As for the tired voting based on skin color crap...most Blacks vote for the Democrats...not the smartest thing to do tactically but with Republicans actively using race baiting as part of their electoral strategy, voting for the GOP is a tough sell to most Blacks...I didn't even want to vote in 2012 out of protest to Obama's overly cooperative style in his first term but Romney scared the living daylights out of me...so see, some of us actually do think beyond the simple "he is Black like me"

Old 06-19-2015, 12:15 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,180,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
Anyone who thinks this shooting was not about race is an absolute idiot.
I mean, the dude has admitted it to the authorities. People still believe this wasn't racial. It's shocking just how many idiots are out there in this world. Too many low IQ people in this world who can't think critically.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 PM

999 posts, read 1,034,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I mean, the dude has admitted it to the authorities. People still believe this wasn't racial. It's shocking just how many idiots are out there in this world. Too many low IQ people in this world who can't think critically.
I agree with you Ant. And Fox News only contributes to this, as with the numbskulls on Fox & Friends desperately and pathetically trying to portray this as an attack on religion. The guy was openly racist, he walked into a black church, said something to the effect of "I'm here to kill black people," and killed 9 black people. If a black guy with a history of anti-white racism walked into a church of mostly white congregants, said he was going to kill white people, and shot 9 white people, something tells me Fox News and all the racist conservatives out there would not be calling it an attack on religion.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:06 PM

79,135 posts, read 61,269,444 times
It was a horrific, racially motivated attack so Obama is NOT bring race into it.

If it were some nut that shot up the church because he thought he was jesus then bringing race into it would be wrong but that's not what happened.

There are evil, crazy people in this world with hearts full of hate. Put the scumbag away forever and pray for those that lost loving family members. Those were good people that died in that church, breaks my heart.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:10 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,639,516 times
What a great thread title. How dare the president inject race into a purely racial crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies