Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 10:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Pretty easy for him to speak to people who walk around being victims or act like they want to help the poor, so they vote.

President Obama called his grandmother a "typical" white woman.......and women stood and let him say it. How does he know how all women act, was his grandmother really the "typical" white woman.
Obama's supporters are people who hoped that government would legislate their prosperity with no action on their part (lazy). His supporters are people who don't understand how the world works, people who refuse to educate themselves, refuse to think past "I can't" and blame everyone else because of their own failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL I keep my purse close no matter who is passing. Obviously you find it offensive, why? What do you think we go swinging it out there with an invitation for whites?
Don't be silly. Where you keep your purse means nothing to me. But you are being dishonest and/or obtuse if you claim you don't understand the point Obama was making when he wrote about his grandmother being a "typical white woman" (myself included) of the era he grew up in who clutched their purses tighter when a black person walked by. It was HIS memory from HIS youth that his grandmother acted differently when a white male walked by than when a black man walked by. I'm sorry you don't understand anecdotal stories like this and the fact that many people can identify with it. If you don't, good for you. But that doesn't give you the right to claim those anecdotes simply didn't happen to others.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-23-2015 at 10:59 AM..

Old 06-23-2015, 11:14 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I love when the white kids preach to people like me about racism. Lulz.
I love when the stupid kids preach to people like me about racism.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:16 AM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I would pay to see the republican show with a black man/woman making it to the grand finale on the republican ticket. The hispanics and black folks that pose as candidate either come across as desperately trying to separate self from their heritage or are token conrributors to hopefully get a few votes swayed towards republicans.
Many people I know who are white like Ben Carson... they like the guy because he is ethical and they like his character.

Obama was not measured by his character or he would not have been nominated. He was looked at for the color of his skin by the democratic party... that is quite obvious because he is not ethical at all and his theology is to find fault with this country and its people. It is a disaster for black people and race relations.

Skin color is pigment in the skin. Democrats keep racism alive and vote skin color only . Republicans actually look at the person and see every one as an equal contender.

Democrats voted in a black and white man and it did not benefit black people or advance them . Obama was used as a race card and Obama loved it and fed the cause. We are now experiencing a heightened animosity between blacks and whites and Obama is feeding the cause of dividing us into groups instead of bringing us together as Americans.

Republicans think in a higher category than color. They don't pat any race on the head for advancement of their party.... they want everyone to advance because they see everyone as equal already.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:26 AM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep on truckin View Post
Who is Obama racist against????
White people, and he has been since at least 1995:
Quote:
"I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs, who doesn’t want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school, or you’re an inner-city child who doesn’t want to take responsibility for keeping your street safe and clean, both of those groups have to take some responsibility if we’re going to get beyond the kinds of divisions that we face right now."
http://www.eyeonbooks.com/obama_transcript.pdf

As if Black, Asian, and Hispanic executives don't also live in the suburbs. Furthermore, Obama presents no evidence whatsoever that Black, Asian, and Hispanic executives living in the suburbs would agree to pay double taxes for both their own suburban public school district AND Chicago's public school district (they're different school districts in Illinois).

No, no... Obama just had to blame only evil Whitey.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:30 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many people I know who are white like Ben Carson... they like the guy because he is ethical and they like his character.

Obama was not measured by his character or he would not have been nominated. He was looked at for the color of his skin by the democratic party... that is quite obvious because he is not ethical at all and his theology is to find fault with this country and its people. It is a disaster for black people and race relations.

Skin color is pigment in the skin. Democrats keep racism alive and vote skin color only . Republicans actually look at the person and see every one as an equal contender.

Democrats voted in a black and white man and it did not benefit black people or advance them . Obama was used as a race card and Obama loved it and fed the cause. We are now experiencing a heightened animosity between blacks and whites and Obama is feeding the cause of dividing us into groups instead of bringing us together as Americans.

Republicans think in a higher category than color. They don't pat any race on the head for advancement of their party.... they want everyone to advance because they see everyone as equal already.
Well said!

Old 06-23-2015, 11:33 AM

11,876 posts, read 5,847,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
And what does Ben Carson have to say on the matter:

Ben Carson: Call it racism

Racism was once epidemic in America, but through struggle, sacrifice, soul-searching and meaningful social change, we have made much progress. Clearly, the struggle is far from finished, and we must own up to that fact and that challenge. Let's not delude ourselves here. The stakes are too high. If we do not do something as a people to directly address the divisions caused by this sickness, we risk losing all of the ground we have made as a country over the past 50 years.

Not so different than what Obama said.

This is quite different from what Obama has said and continues to say. No one is disagreeing that racism exists. But lets look at what Ben says: " Racism was once epidemic in America " - he says once - which it was " but through struggle, sacrifice, soul-searching and meaningful social change, we have made much progress. "

Unfortunately, Obama has taken us backwards - not forward and we've lost a lot gains that were made. Between his associations with racists like Sharpton and James, as well as his pastor and the thins that come out of his mouth - " if I had a son, he'd be like Trayvon Martin " instead of bringing people together he's driven them farther a part. I really don't know why you dems don't see this. Do you know African Americans - have you talked to them? My husband works as a blue collar worker in a plant - the older black gentleman are disgusted with Obama - oh he has some support from the younger guys - but anyone who lived through that period or was born soon after - realize the gains that have been made and now lost. These gentlemen are hard working, have morals and ethics and have raised their children to do the same. They respect themselves and others respect them. They don't need anyone telling them how bad it is - because those people, most privileged, have no idea what they endured.

The educated black friends I have, laugh at how gullible these people are that voted for him. They saw his game before I did.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:54 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,853,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Ben Carson: Call it racism

Racism was once epidemic in America, but through struggle, sacrifice, soul-searching and meaningful social change, we have made much progress. Clearly, the struggle is far from finished, and we must own up to that fact and that challenge. Let's not delude ourselves here. The stakes are too high. If we do not do something as a people to directly address the divisions caused by this sickness, we risk losing all of the ground we have made as a country over the past 50 years.

Ben Carson making the very same points Obama made. To quote Carson "Let's not delude ourselves here."

Old 06-23-2015, 12:00 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,853,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
This is quite different from what Obama has said and continues to say. No one is disagreeing that racism exists. But lets look at what Ben says: " Racism was once epidemic in America " - he says once - which it was " but through struggle, sacrifice, soul-searching and meaningful social change, we have made much progress. "

Unfortunately, Obama has taken us backwards - not forward and we've lost a lot gains that were made. Between his associations with racists like Sharpton and James, as well as his pastor and the thins that come out of his mouth - " if I had a son, he'd be like Trayvon Martin " instead of bringing people together he's driven them farther a part. I really don't know why you dems don't see this. Do you know African Americans - have you talked to them? My husband works as a blue collar worker in a plant - the older black gentleman are disgusted with Obama - oh he has some support from the younger guys - but anyone who lived through that period or was born soon after - realize the gains that have been made and now lost. These gentlemen are hard working, have morals and ethics and have raised their children to do the same. They respect themselves and others respect them. They don't need anyone telling them how bad it is - because those people, most privileged, have no idea what they endured.

The educated black friends I have, laugh at how gullible these people are that voted for him. They saw his game before I did.

Did you listen to the full interview?

'We Are Not Cured': Obama Discusses Racism In America With Marc Maron : The Two-Way : NPR

Obama: I always tell young people in particular: 'Do not say that nothing's changed when it comes to race in America — unless you've lived through being a black man in the 1950s, or '60s, or '70s. It is incontrovertible that race relations have improved significantly during my lifetime and yours, and that opportunities have opened up, and that attitudes have changed. That is a fact.
What is also true is that the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination in almost every institution of our lives — you know, that casts a long shadow. And that's still part of our DNA that's passed on. We're not cured of it.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Obama is racist for winning the WH.

Blacks are racist for voting for him.

Pointing out racism is now RACIST

Fix and friends have created a blueprint where whites call out racism for EVERYTHING.

I have known white people all my life and I have heard more claims of racism in the last 8 years than I have in my entire life.

A Black man in the WH has done a number in them. They can't handle it.
And I have never heard crys of racism from very good dear black friends of ours. For the sake of this argument, otherwise they are only our good friends, I hate labels.

And I have at least 4 couples who are of color, that said they have never seen a President divide a Country such as Obama, they can see it, why can't others.

They are not fly by night friends, they are friends we have associated with, for over 15 years, I have always had friends who are black, I don't see their color, but them as a whole, and we have common bonds. We get along great, I have even taught the wives how to make homemade Italian from scratch, and my favorite scampi dish.

People are just people, good and bad everywhere. And Obama is one of the ones, who opens his mouth without thinking also. By not choosing his words correctly, he initiates racial tensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies