Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Wow. So ANOTHER liberal saying it is Cruz's fault?! LOL You guys are really pathetic to try and blame Cruz. You people really have zero shame for anything you do.
Use your brain more than Cruz expects of his followers. Ask self: who put that poster there? (Hint: not he photographer). You surround self with guns, chances are grearer it will come back to bite you in the rear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 10:09 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
Quote:
Random? Come on. I know you're a liberal and what not but at least admit this is what it actually is. And then to blame it on Cruz for sitting in a room that had a firearm on the wall?

As far as it getting no press, AP published the photos. Some spoke out on twitter against it. But of course, you will not see the same level of outrage from the media or liberals over it because it is Cruz.

Now tell me, if they had taken a photo like this showing Obama instead, we all know it would ignite a massive firestorm from the media/liberals/hollywood.

EDIT: Removed the photoshopped image of Obama in Cruz's place. Lord knows even showing such a thing in obvious manner to show bias only and not a threat, Id still get hate messages and probably a knock on the door that i dont need.
Well then I can't tell you why Fox News and other right wing talking heads aren't being outraged by this photo....maybe because they don't see it at a big deal seeing he was giving a speech at a gun range with lots of big gun posters hanging up around him....

Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,310,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Did the AP make Ted Cruz give a speech at the gun range and put that poster up and then ask him to stand right there for a picture?

I think that photo is more a case of unintentional irony.
No but the photographer could have taken the shots from other angles easily; which he might of did. I'm not sure the photographer did this on purpose but someone cherry picked that photo to give off that impression., let's not kid ourselves here.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:19 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,646,354 times
Quote:
AP Photo Points Gun at Ted Cruz's Brain

There is zero chance this was done an accident. I seem to recall the media and democrats going off the rails when target symbols were used in political fashion to show who we needed to defeat in elections. Yet here we have a deliberate hateful message, yet nothing from Obama or the media. Could you imagine if this same thing was done to someone like Pelosi or Obama? It would be viral within an hour. The media wouldn't stop talking about it and demand apologies and demand someone be fired. But this is just a Conservative. As far as they are concerned, no big deal. Hell, they probably secretly hope someone uses this image to act violently toward's Cruz.
Maybe this pic should have a bubble above his head saying "My hopes of being President will be blown to bits"!

24,451 posts, read 23,135,379 times
Its harmless. We've seen photos of Obama with horns, photos of the Pope with horns, photos of Hillary making a face like she just drank sour milk or didn't like the smell of one of her supporters. Its all good.

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No but the photographer could have taken the shots from other angles easily; which he might of did. I'm not sure the photographer did this on purpose but someone cherry picked that photo to give off that impression., let's not kid ourselves here.
And lokely did ake shots from several angles, IF he/she was allowed. Never done photography?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:22 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,316,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They published 14 photos--though few people would've paid much attention to them if someone didn't start commenting on and tweeting the one that's getting some folks upset. That's usually the case, people publicize what they're so offended by and then people actually see it and pay attention.

There's nothing fabricated or untruthful about the photo unless they doctored it in some way, like I said, it's a case of unintentional irony.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 06-22-2015 at 10:35 AM..

Old 06-22-2015, 10:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
They took 14 photos--though few people would've paid much attention to them if someone didn't start commenting on and tweeting the one that's getting some folks upset. That's usually the case, people publicize what they're so offended by and then people actually see it and pay attention.

There's nothing fabricated or untruthful about the photo unless they doctored it in some way, like I said, it's a case of unintentional irony.
Exactly, I guess someone at the AP could have omitted this photo in the bunch if they were aware it might cause some panties to bunch, but I doubt anyone really looked at them before uploading them.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,310,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And lokely did ake shots from several angles, IF he/she was allowed. Never done photography?
Then it was done on purpose, either by him or the editor publishing the photo. You would be a fool to argue that this was an innocent mistake.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:29 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,757,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Use your brain more than Cruz expects of his followers. Ask self: who put that poster there? (Hint: not he photographer). You surround self with guns, chances are grearer it will come back to bite you in the rear.
Really, can I use that argument when liberals go nutso over photos involving a liberal next time? I remember when there was so much outrage over a simple photo of Tim Tebow having his arms outstretched. Talk about reading a message into a random pose.

And good grief, we still don't hear the end of George Bush's mission accomplished photo. Liberals never let it go. The hypocrisy is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies