Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:10 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,357,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It didn't bother the masses until about a week ago.
Sure some flags with come down. And then the masses will move on to the next emotional crisis and all will be forgotten.

Shallow actions by self righteous narcissists.
I 100% agree with this. While I'm glad to see some flags come down, it's absolutely reprehensible that it took a killer flat-out admitting that he killed in it's name to get something done.

I'm all for people's right to fly it, BTW. It just baffles me that anyone would want to do so for the reasons I posted above.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:13 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,135,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Political Correctness anti-freedom of speech. It is fascism with manners. It is an attempt to control people's thoughts and words. Unless you can voice an opinion without fear of reprisal, you do not have Freedom of Expression.

The Confederate battle flag is just the newest victim, the new flavor if the month. It was created to let the Southern armies know where their ranks were in battle. Black powder was used then and was very smoky. In the original stages of the war, many Southern troops wore blue uniforms and the Confederate Flag had a Blue Square with stars in the upper left corner and had a two red horizontal stripes with a white one on the middle. In all the smoke of battle, it was confused with the Stars and Stripes. The Stars and Bars was made to make it different.

Lost in all the PC madness, is the fact that it is an American flag, and part of America's History. I have ancestors who fought for the South in that war. Nine of my uncles served in WWII. Eleven cousins, my brother and I, served in the Vietnam 'conflict'. I will fly both flags proudly.

I am 63 and believe PC is the greatest enemy of the U.S. of A.
I agree with you, wonder where it will stop and why the over the top Libs seem to keep pushing for more and more. it is ok to burn the American flag, but God forbid if anyone says something that might offend another. Well burning the flag offends me big time. If people respect our Freedom of speech, why are we limited to what we can say on some subjects but not others?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with you, wonder where it will stop and why the over the top Libs seem to keep pushing for more and more. it is ok to burn the American flag, but God forbid if anyone says something that might offend another. Well burning the flag offends me big time. If people respect our Freedom of speech, why are we limited to what we can say on some subjects but not others?
Again, where are you limited by the law on what you say?

Just because I call you out on something does not mean I'm restricting your right to say it. I sounds to me like you want to have freedom of speech for (only) those who agree with you.

Can we please get some REAL examples of where people are being imprisoned by the government for speaking their mind (other than the Patriot Act).

Old 06-26-2015, 11:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,710,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Again, where are you limited by the law on what you say?

Just because I call you out on something does not mean I'm restricting your right to say it. I sounds to me like you want to have freedom of speech for (only) those who agree with you.

Can we please get some REAL examples of where people are being imprisoned by the government for speaking their mind (other than the Patriot Act).
Well if that's what you are waiting for then you're asking too early.

That extreme isn't happening today but we are headed down that path. What you posted doesn't happen overnight. It's the slow incremental creep.

Trial by Twitter is what we are seeing today.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:27 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,157,733 times
Wow.... I can't buy a confederate flag, but I can go on Amazon and buy a Japanese Battle Flag. Does Pearl Harbor ring a bell?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Well if that's what you are waiting for then you're asking too early.

That extreme isn't happening today but we are headed down that path. What you posted doesn't happen overnight. It's the slow incremental creep.

Trial by Twitter is what we are seeing today.
OK, so you think it's heading that way. Great.

But you seemed to indicate that your freedom of speech is being supressed. I'm trying to understand how. If I could be made to understand that a fellow American's freedom of speech was being supressed, I'd be right beside you, making noise to fight that EVEN IF I DIDN'T AGREE WITH SAID SPEECH.

Without some examples though, your posts, and posts like it don't have any credibility.

Examples please!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:35 AM

5,904 posts, read 3,926,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
the Confederate flag like slavery is history and it should stay there, in history, not in government buildings because it is offensive to many now days. Get with the program, it's 2015 not 1863
There are those on the left who say that corporations are currently enslaving American workers this very moment. So which is it?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:38 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,607,387 times
Quote:
The poster said PC, not the flag. The flag is just the current target of PC.
His whole rant was about the flag.

Lol, look at the cons crying because they can't run around lynching folks or calling someone the "n" word or physically or verbally abusing gays or women like they used to get away with in the good ole days. Poor saps. Welcome to a BETTER America, 2015. Hell yeah!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:39 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,729,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yep. now they're vowing to dig up dead people.

it's for the children.
I wonder will they do it to music and offer a cake to the winner ? That should get people in the correct spirit. Don't call it a cakewalk. Change it to ....."Dead Body Walk" and if no one will offer a place to put the last one dug up then.... that's the one that gets the cake. After all being PC should be a learning experience as well as fun for children, and when it isn't put the kids to bed.
Huuummm ...."Dead Body Walk" .....Huuummm .... Zombie ...Oh NO !!!!
PC is bringing on the "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE" ..... I never saw that one coming. Really I didn't !!!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:45 AM

53,168 posts, read 34,963,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Wow.... I can't buy a confederate flag, but I can go on Amazon and buy a Japanese Battle Flag. Does Pearl Harbor ring a bell?
amazon will be more than happy to sell you thousands of doo-dads adorned with swastikas as well.

apparently the confederate flag is more odious than either the rape of Nanking or 'the final solution' in today's America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies