Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 01:21 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the difference though is that you have no religious objection to teaching people self defense. i do haev a religious objection to gay marriage. does that mean i would serve gays otherwise? no. but do not try to force me to serve a gay wedding, i will never support such an act.

i dont care if a person is gay or not either. i have known many gay people and their sexuality never bothered me in the least. that is not the objectionable part though, its the gay WEDDING i object to.
Christian do not invent marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 06:54 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
It was only a matter of time before this happened. People say it will never happen in the US but give it time before some gay couples try this. I doubt it will go anywhere hopefully.

Millionaire gay couple is suing to force a church to hold their wedding
Your link is from 2013. What happened since? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:20 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
They are millionaires? Those evil rich sodomites.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:58 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The reason the gay want married in church is to defy God .no other reason period.
If some one want's to get married they can go to the judge and have it done and be done with it .
Being dnoe in church is looking for their endorcmet and knowing full well the church doe not endorce gay marraige is defiance and in a sense Spittting God in the face , see we can defy your law and you are not going to do any thing abou it.
It is clearly not reverence for God, but out right rebellion to God .
Lust is not love ,and being gay is selfish lust, nothing less . the fact is is based on sex is proof enough.
Should the church condecend to this ,it is no repersentation of God's approval.
God does not teach lust.
That lust is Satan's tool.
And it is no surprize that many Satan worshippers are gay.
It is bad enough that people with no actual reverence for God, marry in church ,just to be politically correct so to speak.
Jesus said even idle converadtion will be required of us in judgment , so I do not doubt that whether one is a believer or not vows made are as binding spoken before public or in private.
Marriage is God's creation a man and a woman and the binding is as one flesh .
She is bound to the man for as long as he lives, together or apart.
If your so intent on dissolving what marriage is why bother marrying, except to insult God.
How do you get through the day? Seriously.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:00 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
A lot of sour grapes.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:03 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
I would love to see churches in the U.S. face a difficult choice:

Either...

1. Quit discriminating.

or

2. Pay taxes!

We all know that churches are a bunch of welfare queens who can't bear to pay taxes like the rest of us.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:15 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Absolutely! And this is where gay people would lose my support, in forcing churches to marry them. Would it be hypocrisy that the church would refuse to marry a gay couple? Yes. Because I believe that Christ would not turn away those who seek him out! But, I still support the rights of a church to refuse. There are other churches that will perform the marriage, and furthermore, as the 2 of you alluded to, if I were gay, why in the hell would I want to be a part of something where I'm not wanted?

There's nothing hypocritical about a Christian church refusing to marry gays.

Beyond that, gays here might think they want to make this next on their agenda, but they can pound salt. Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
There's nothing hypocritical about a Christian church refusing to marry gays.

Beyond that, gays here might think they want to make this next on their agenda, but they can pound salt. Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent.
People said that 10 years ago about Marriage Equality!

Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Can't happen, Churches are not public property. Churches will still be able to discriminate against anything they disagree with.
A Christian-owned bakery isn't public property either, but that doesn't stop the intolerant gay agenda.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I would love to see churches in the U.S. face a difficult choice:

Either...

1. Quit discriminating.

or

2. Pay taxes!

We all know that churches are a bunch of welfare queens who can't bear to pay taxes like the rest of us.
in other words go against the laws of god, because that is what the bibles tells us, homosexuality is against the laws of god,

or render unto ceaser that which is ceasers. since churches are non profit organizations, they dont have any profit to tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies