Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:48 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times

Advertisements

Maybe their school has a Future Prisoners of America club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 05:18 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
This is for anyone who feels it was important to point out the race of the persons who did this.

Okay, these were Black people who did this. If people of any other race did this, would you still point out their race?

Even better, if it is so important to point out that these were Blacks doing this, what is the whole point of pointing it out? What good is it doing? What exactly do you want?

This is where I'm coming from. Usually, when I hear of those constantly complaining about Black people, I have to consider that said persons want to bring certain policies back, that would be detrimental to someone like me.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:42 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're right. Fires were started, attempted looting. Taxis and buses were damaged, and chances are, there were probably people on those buses. If anything, there was more damage done and far more people doing stupid stuff during those riots.
That was a crowd of many thousands of DRUNK people in the street and was not premeditated. Don't even compare that to a group of criminals with the premeditated intent of stealing and assaulting people. You really make yourself look foolish comparing the two. Apples to oranges.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
That was a crowd of many thousands of DRUNK people in the street and was not premeditated. Don't even compare that to a group of criminals with the premeditated intent of stealing and assaulting people. You really make yourself look foolish comparing the two. Apples to oranges.
The damage and chaos caused is still the same.

And I notice something else. You ignored other parts of my posts. I asked questions and they were not rhetorical.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Four dozen people is about the size of an Army Platoon. It takes a lot of organizing to get that many to show up at the same time and place. I wonder who set this raid up. I wonder how much and what was stolen?
Interesting point. It's getting to the point where it's not just ethnic activism or just petty crime as bad as that is, but organized racketeering, insurrection and domestic terrorism. All of which the authorities and media turn a blind eye to if not outright provide support and defense.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
This is for anyone who feels it was important to point out the race of the persons who did this.

Okay, these were Black people who did this. If people of any other race did this, would you still point out their race?

Even better, if it is so important to point out that these were Blacks doing this, what is the whole point of pointing it out? What good is it doing? What exactly do you want?

This is where I'm coming from. Usually, when I hear of those constantly complaining about Black people, I have to consider that said persons want to bring certain policies back, that would be detrimental to someone like me.
Do you seriously need anyone to explain it? Because we are constantly told that ALL disparate outcomes of black folks and other "people of color", whether in the criminal justice system or by any other measure and how they are viewed, is due to "white supremacy" and "white privilege". And you ask why in response people will point out behavior, conduct and attitudes from this group that just might explain this "disparate outcome"?

Additionally progressive liberals never say "oh, don't blame the whole race for the actions of the few"', when they go on and on into perpetuity blaming ALL whites for slavery for maybe less than 5% of elites who held slaves and aren't even around today. Slavery harmed most whites, not benefited them. It's not just that either. The progressive left constantly blames the entire white race for just about everything.

When the shoe is on the other foot then progressives want to say "don't blame or judge a whole race". It's hypocrisy and a double standard.

One example, if it's pointed out that blacks excel in the NFL, NBA or boxing perhaps because groups have different abilities or natural advantages, a progressive lib will tell you it's only because blacks work harder, insinuating other groups do not. But if they do not excel in other endeavors, it's not because of blacks are not working harder while whites and Asians do work harder. It is due solely to "white supremacy" and "white privilege".

Last edited by mtl1; 07-01-2015 at 06:16 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Do you seriously need anyone to explain it? Because we are constantly told that ALL disparate outcomes of black folks and other "people of color", whether in the criminal justice system or by any other measure and how they are viewed, is due to "white supremacy" and "white privilege". And you ask why in response people will point out behavior, conduct and attitudes from this group that just might explain this "disparate outcome".

Additionally progressive liberals never say "oh, don't blame the whole race for the actions of the few"', when they go on and on into eternity blaming ALL whites for slavery for maybe less 5% of elites who held slaves and aren't even around today. It's not just that either. The progressive left constantly blames the entire white race for just about everything.

When the shoe is on the other foot then you want to say "don't blame or judge a whole race".
I was talking only of things you have stated,you the individual. And of individual posts. I address the individual, and I expect others to do the same. I am not the one making comments regarding "White Supremacy" and "White Privilege". In fact, if you look at every post I've made in this thread, not once have I made an excuse for those criminals.

So what if people are saying "don't blame the whole race"? Said persons have a point. Why should the whole race be blamed for the actions of some underclass criminals?

Furthermore, what is it that you want, if you are going to keep bringing up that these were Blacks doing it? What do you want?

Old 07-01-2015, 06:18 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your 6 links are spread across 6 years. So thanks for proving my point
There are soooo many more. I provided an example. One of the was 17 different incidents. I'm not going to waste the energy to post all that happen regularly. Btw, no one is saying 42 million blacks are to blame. Just pointing out that this is happening and the momentum is gaining.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Rioting when the San Francisco Giants won the World Series.

And by the way, why do you only care if Blacks do this kind of stuff? If people are doing this kind of behavior, lock them up. That is what we have a justice system for. What more do you want?
That was a combination of ethnicities. Riots that are really out of control celebrations after sporting event championship games are different than organized flash mobs. These flash mobs are thug opportunists that only want to steal and assault people.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
That was a combination of ethnicities. Riots that are really out of control celebrations after sporting event championship games are different than organized flash mobs. These flash mobs are thug opportunists that only want to steal and assault people.
The amount of damage and chaos caused was very grave, and some looting was happening during the riots as well. Mass violence is mass violence. My main question is this. What is the whole point of pointing out that Blacks did it? Is the whole idea to say "Blacks are a menace to society"? What is the end goal here? No one does anything without a reason or an end goal. People point things out for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies