Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
She’s a former Nation of Islam member turned passionate defender of the Confederate flag — and her views on race, slavery and the South are guaranteed to stir up controversy.

In an interview for the documentary “Battle Flag” she said “I actually think that the flag represents freedom… I’m not advocating slavery or think that it was right.”
Confederate flag defender, a black woman, calls battle a fight for FREEDOM | BizPac Review

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:09 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
What are you smokin', dude?

What world do you live in? Kid Rock is one of the biggest artists in America today. Whether you like it or not.

(and his son IS HALF BLACK)
Wow, how are you posting from the year 1999, that's amazing! What a joke lol. Warning from the future: don't buy Blockbuster Video stock

Old 07-13-2015, 08:57 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Wow, how are you posting from the year 1999, that's amazing! What a joke lol. Warning from the future: don't buy Blockbuster Video stock
Let's face it - you don't like Kid Rock.

However, from a popularity and album sales standpoint, the results speak for themselves:

Quote:
He is a five-time Grammy Award nominee and has sold 25 million albums in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. The RIAA certified him selling 23.5 million albums. He was Soundscan's number one selling male solo musician of the 2000s, selling 17.6 million albums; he was 17th overall for the decade.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Rock

You don't sell 25 million albums over the course of ~15 years without meeting most people's definition of a big star.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:03 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Wasn't this guy relevant in... maybe 2001?

Why should I care about him any more than my tweaker cousin?

Old 07-13-2015, 09:06 PM

862 posts, read 519,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Wasn't this guy relevant in... maybe 2001?

Why should I care about him any more than my tweaker cousin?
You shouldn't.

Tell that to the ridiculous idiots protesting him, they are the ones who started this.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:37 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Let's face it - you don't like Kid Rock.

However, from a popularity and album sales standpoint, the results speak for themselves:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Rock

You don't sell 25 million albums over the course of ~15 years without meeting most people's definition of a big star.
Don't try to Eddie Haskell me, my joke was saying that the poster was from 1999, meaning he was very popular then. His last album didn't even go gold and I don't recall hearing any of his new music on the radio at least in 8 years. MC Hammer has sold 50 million albums since 1988, that makes him a current big star?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
You shouldn't.

Tell that to the ridiculous idiots protesting him, they are the ones who started this.
Why should I care what ridiculous idiots protesting him do?

Last I knew it was their right to be ridiculous idiots. And if they inconvenience 'kid rock', why should I care?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Don't try to Eddie Haskell me, my joke was saying that the poster was from 1999, meaning he was very popular then. His last album didn't even go gold and I don't recall hearing any of his new music on the radio at least in 8 years. MC Hammer has sold 50 million albums since 1988, that makes him a current big star?
Did MC Hammer create new music this year that was at #2 on the Billboard 200? Has MC Hammer been involved in politics lately (Romney's campaign used Rock's music and he performed at events)? Name any commercials currently using MC Hammer's music?

Kid Rock isn't Taylor Swift or Bieber, but let's not act like that means he's a nobody playing at dive bars. For anyone over 30 years old, he's a well known musician with an easily recognizable voice that's still touring and creating music.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Did MC Hammer create new music this year that was at #2 on the Billboard 200? Has MC Hammer been involved in politics lately (Romney's campaign used Rock's music and he performed at events)? Name any commercials currently using MC Hammer's music?

Kid Rock isn't Taylor Swift or Bieber, but let's not act like that means he's a nobody playing at dive bars. For anyone over 30 years old, he's a well known musician with an easily recognizable voice that's still touring and creating music.
I think you mean "for anyone over 30 years old and trashy"

Old 07-13-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I think you mean "for anyone over 30 years old and trashy"
Ahh yes, and those recognizing Jay Z are thugs. If you know of Garth Brooks you're probably working on a farm. Michael Jackson fan...you're a child molester. So on and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies