Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times

Advertisements

Why aren't we educating black folk on how to interact with police, carry credentials, not drive suspended, limit your criminal charges to 1-2 max, stick around your children, limit these children to 1-3, pick up your pants? We have youtubers trying to educate but they get called uncle toms. What are we protecting? Let's stop lying and let's stop dying. You are effing up and killing your own community.

I have over 1000 people from my family from Jamaica, west africa, france, and haiti. Not one of us have been arrested in the US. We grew up with values even though we weren't always wealthy.

Just stop it already. It's like you can rob liquor stores, get arrested 50 times on the same street corner, get hemmed up for selling dope but when your time comes, nobody looks at that.

Sandra didn't have to die. She made videos on black & white people all the time. Had she followed her own advice and not given attitude, she would have been alive.

The hood doesn't give you a pass to be a knucklehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDD-lzCTGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJFBYOEt9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NybrJ6DtW0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 02:28 AM

906 posts, read 712,910 times
Wagwan bredren, dont let no slave bwoy stray you from de path. Keep steady straight and pay dem no attention. Dem love to hate but i and i kno its one love jah love bov all else, nutn matter more

Im just playing, im not jamaican. Im jamaicant. But dats what me jamaican broda would say. And, i agree with him.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:02 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,123,803 times
The answer is that they don't need education about these things because they are common sense, they just choose not to do them.

--They make the choice not to pay attention in school
--They make the choice to do drugs
--The make the choice to join gangs
--They make the choice to engage in violent acts
--They make the choice to have unprotected sex at very early ages
--They make the choice to disrespect the police and resist arrest
--They make the choice to depend on criminality
--They make the choice to dress and speak in a manner that will preclude a career
--They make the choice to **** away the advantages afforded them by rule of law, free education, a social safety net, and the opportunity of this country

Of course this is not all black people (because that is going to be canard that some use to dismiss this, as always it is), but the American blacks are watching yet another generation of immigrants come here with nothing and surpass them, and that is sad.

They don't need education- education has not helped them get out of last place as a group even over immigrants with no legal status who can't speak the language. They need to be cut off from government subsidy of the poor behavior and issued the final warning that crying about slavery will no longer be tolerated as an excuse. It was 150 years ago.

Last edited by cachibatches; 07-31-2015 at 04:31 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 04:19 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Why aren't we educating black folk on how to interact with police, carry credentials, not drive suspended, limit your criminal charges to 1-2 max, stick around your children, limit these children to 1-3, pick up your pants? We have youtubers trying to educate but they get called uncle toms. What are we protecting? Let's stop lying and let's stop dying. You are effing up and killing your own community.

I have over 1000 people from my family from Jamaica, west africa, france, and haiti. Not one of us have been arrested in the US. We grew up with values even though we weren't always wealthy.

Just stop it already. It's like you can rob liquor stores, get arrested 50 times on the same street corner, get hemmed up for selling dope but when your time comes, nobody looks at that.

Sandra didn't have to die. She made videos on black & white people all the time. Had she followed her own advice and not given attitude, she would have been alive.

The hood doesn't give you a pass to be a knucklehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDD-lzCTGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJFBYOEt9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NybrJ6DtW0
So you're basically accepting that black people should be murdered on the spot for being suspicious rather than have a fair trial? I doubt that any actual black person would support a fascist state where blacks are to consider cops judge, jury and executioner like yourself. I'm not sure why you are complaining since your wish that black people be murdered indiscriminately for misdemeanors happens regularly in America.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:24 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
So you're basically accepting that black people should be murdered on the spot for being suspicious rather than have a fair trial? I doubt that any actual black person would support a fascist state where blacks are to consider cops judge, jury and executioner like yourself. I'm not sure why you are complaining since your wish that black people be murdered indiscriminately for misdemeanors happens regularly in America.
NO! Of course not. But black people have to stop trying to resist arrest, arguing with the police officer, and trying to run away. Just be polite, take the ticket and then go home and make a phone call to a civil rights group or lawyer. Don't cause a scene on the street. Don't get all tough and **** off the officer who is just trying to do their job and move on.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:02 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
NO! Of course not. But black people have to stop trying to resist arrest, arguing with the police officer, and trying to run away. Just be polite, take the ticket and then go home and make a phone call to a civil rights group or lawyer. Don't cause a scene on the street. Don't get all tough and **** off the officer who is just trying to do their job and move on.
Interesting.

Forget people's rights. We should just bow down and do what "massa" tells us to do all the time...

Interesting.

And FWIW, I have been arrested. I did nothing but was charged with 2 felonies that after $5000 of my money and a lawyer were thrown out in court.

Why should people shut up and be arrested and then have to pay thousands of dollars to get out of jail and potentially lose their jobs and livelihoods when they are at the jail just because a police officer wants to get all huffy and abusive?

I am lucky in that I make a very good income, as does my husband who has been arrested over 20 times in his life even though he has never committed a crime. We have had to pay money to get his record expunged. He used to talk back to cops but now, starting in his 30s, he is now in his 40s, he does not say anything and has had just as many arrest in the past 5-6 years as he did during his 20s when he was mouthy so it really doesn't make a difference.

Samuel Dubose was not combative with the officer, nor did he try to run away. The vehicle shows that the officer tried to open his car door and he slowly held onto the door because police officers cannot open your door and pull you out unless they have probable cause. They can ask you to get out and you, in most cases are obligated to comply. He was shot in the face for not allowing himself to be dragged from a car and arrested (where he would have to PAY to bond out and PAY to have his car out of impound and PAY any court cost associated with a bogus arrest). It is like you all are just brainwashed and I feel sorry for you.

Sandra Bland complied with the cop until he asked her to put out her cigarette. He was bringing her a ticket and instead of giving it to her and leaving her with the fine, he started a confrontation and went on a power trip.

IMO, it seems as if you want us to go backwards. We should jump off the sidewalk when a cop walks down the street and fall to our knees and beg for a warning at a routine traffic stop.

Give me a break.

And interesting the idea of black inferiority in this thread. Age old stereotypes of blacks on display:

We are criminals
We are uneducated
We are "agitators" (lol at this one as Dr. King was an agitator and spoke often about how he and the people of his era were sick of "waiting" for justice, action is necessary)
We are ignorant
We are gang members
Etc.

When the vast majority of black people are none of the above nor any of the comments that cachibatches mentioned.

You want black people to shut up and quit throwing your idea of black inferiority in your face. And to the non-American blacks, as a black American with over 300 years of familial history in this land, I am honored to say that this is MY country! It is not yours. You are not special either and are only here on the backs of my ancestors, so keep your complaints about what me and my people do (including non-black supporters) to yourself and go back to Jamaica with its out of the world violent crime and machete murders and poverty and statistics that dwarf any negatives of black Americans. No black immigrant or children of black immigrant has any foot to stand on in regards to criticizing black Americans. You or your parents/grandparents left your country and are fine with it going to hell. As a black American, I love mine and am happy that so many of us actively engage in making our country continuously better for all Americans and immigrant Americans, including you.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Interesting.

Forget people's rights. We should just bow down and do what "massa" tells us to do all the time...

Interesting.

No you don't. But the rejection of education, ethics, common sense and self responsibility shows that society will not put up with it and does not put up with it.

And your sense of victimhood at the hands of the White man have its days numbered as Hispanics take over the majority. And Hispanics don't have any White guilt to play off of.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:15 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,530,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Murder has a specific definition. The incidents you are talking about simply don't fit the definition and the legal system has repeatedly shown that. The fact that you are creating your own definition just shows that you have no argument.

When you do something about blacks actually murdering blacks, come back and talk about this subject.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:16 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Interesting.

that is not what people are saying. there is a time ti fight and a time not to fight. the side of the road is not the time to fight. and there are ways to get compensation for your losses as a result of going to court, talk to your attorney.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:59 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No you don't. But the rejection of education, ethics, common sense and self responsibility shows that society will not put up with it and does not put up with it.

And your sense of victimhood at the hands of the White man have its days numbered as Hispanics take over the majority. And Hispanics don't have any White guilt to play off of.
I've gone back and forth you many times. Do you honestly think I as a black person reject education, ethics, common sense or self responsibility?

Do you think that the majority of black people do those things?

If you do, then as stated above, you view blacks as inferior and hold white supremacist views. All black people I know are educated above high school, most of the people I know are college graduates, we are ethical, we have common sense and we take responsibility for ourselves and our families.

I have no vestiges of any "victimhood." As stated above, this my country. I am a VERY proud American and especially am not a victim of anything. Recognizing that there are issues in specific organizations does not equal - victimhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that is not what people are saying. there is a time ti fight and a time not to fight. the side of the road is not the time to fight. and there are ways to get compensation for your losses as a result of going to court, talk to your attorney.
To hire an attorney, you have to pay money. Lots of poor people when arrested do not have money to pay for a lawyer and are stuck with public defendants who really are not all that invested in their case and who many times push people to plead out. I initially spoke to a public defendant about my arrest and they told me to plea and take some community service and classes of which I would have had to pay $50 per class for 12 weeks. I instead retained a lawyer with a downpayment of $1200. Due to the court splitting the dates for each charge, I ended up having to pay my lawyer $3600 plus expenses. Due to my car being impounded, I had to pay about $500 to get the car out of the lot. My husband was also arrested and we both had to post bail for both our charges. Our dog was confiscated by the police during the arrest and was euthanized before they let me out of jail as they didn't let me out in time to go and pick her up from the pound. I did file a complaint, as we always do when we were harrassed or arrested by police (my husband has been arrested on charges that were dropped over 20 times, we had to pay to get his arrest record expunged). Usually nothing is done with those complaints unless they involve some sort of bodily harm. They are pushed under the rug.

IMO, these high profile cases are making it known that abusive reactions from police are many times unwarranted. During our stop by police, they assumed my husband was a person who beat up a woman. The woman was one of our neighbors. She came out and said my husband was not her boyfriend who had beat her up as she knew both of us and the police still made my husband get out of the car and beat him with a stick a few times, to which I responded with shock and screamed and they arrested me as well. Our dog was in the car and they arrested me for "reckless conduct" and "cruelty to children" being that they felt our dog was a "vicious" breed and I endangered my son by having him in the car with here. She was a pit mix. I was taking her to be groomed. She was a 7 year old, old dog who was a sweetheart. They put in a call to take my son into foster care when they arrested me and I did flip out at that point because I know from experience that once a kid gets put into state custody it is a battle to get them back and due to me flipping out and causing a scene, they instead let my neighbor take him. Like what I said above, I actually begged them and got on my knees to let the neighbor take him. They did and they took our dog instead.

I did file a complaint and I did get a settlement over the dog but it did not cover all the expenses incurred with this arrest. I am a college educate, married black woman who has always received high grades and am very responsible. I own 5 homes - 4 as investment properties. I own 3 vehicles and my kids are advanced in school. I have never even had a traffic ticket or violation until that time.

This sort of thing can happen to anyone. The police officer lied on the police report as well in my case stating that my husband resisted arrest and was combative with him when he was not. Because we weren't killed, we dont' make the news. Speaking up about this only serves to help all Americans when dealing with police. Those of you making it a race thing and trying to act like asking the police - who are public servants, why they are being detained or stopped is a big deal are brainwashed sheep IMO.

We pay public servants, especially police. We should have the right to ask them questions. They should treat us with a level of respect afforded to all people no matter what race or class.

Luckily, I won't be divided from my fellow Americans who also don't want to follow the herd and bow down to someone who we pay to protect us. I know that it is not a "black" thing as I know too many whites and Asians and Hispanics and everyone in between who have been accosted by or abused or harrassed by police. Some officers, very few, are just hot heads. I'm glad we have technology now to catch them in the act.

Years ago when people complained about this sort of thing, no one believed them because there was no evidence of abuse of authority. Now we have evidence, yet people are still willing to believe that a victim is at fault when a bad officer oversteps his/her boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies