Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 01:00 PM

30,374 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Southern Republican politicians equally support and voted for the removal of the flag from Southern government buildings. Are these the pc nazis you're referring to?
No, they are the ones responsible for making the decision, not the PC Nazis from NYC & SF.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:49 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No, they are the ones responsible for making the decision, not the PC Nazis from NYC & SF.
It absolutely baffles me how people who are geniuses in the business world can be complete idiots when it comes to social issues and politics. You make more money that 95% of people on this forum and are more traveled than any of us, yet you spit out the same ignorant and disingenuous one-liners that the uneducated redneck sitting in his trailer on his 15 year-old Dell PC does. Nikki Haley, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush and many many more Southern Republicans spoke out in support of removing the flag. Black political and religious leaders in the South obviously also have had a big influence in removing it over the years. NYC and SF had nothing to do with this one. You're smart enough to know that, but too blinded by your partisan emotions to acknowledge it.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:03 PM

30,374 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
It absolutely baffles me how people who are geniuses in the business world can be complete idiots when it comes to social issues and politics. You make more money that 95% of people on this forum and are more traveled than any of us, yet you spit out the same ignorant and disingenuous one-liners that the uneducated redneck sitting in his trailer on his 15 year-old Dell PC does. Nikki Haley, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush and many many more Southern Republicans spoke out in support of removing the flag. Black political and religious leaders in the South obviously also have had a big influence in removing it over the years. NYC and SF had nothing to do with this one. You're smart enough to know that, but too blinded by your partisan emotions to acknowledge it.
A Doctorate and money can't take the trailer trash, redneck, gun toting, hillbilly out of some of us I guess.

I find the Confederate Flag shameful in the sense it represented oppression to blacks and is held out as a symbol of white supremacy. So I thought they should have removed some 60 years ago from ties to the government....but I don't vote and don't have a say in South Carolina's business and I know there are good people that support the Flag for reasons other than as a symbol of hate. So I hate to see the PC Nazis bullying people as they always want to do. To me, the PC Nazis in the USA are just as dangerous as the Nazis of Germany. The Rebel Flag guys are no threat to my liberty but the PC Nazis, you are.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:07 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think Fl is a good example of people moving like locust. It is a matter of older people finding out about climate they prefer, and a little lower cost of living. Believe it or not, we even have this in NWAr. About 1/2 the people here have relocated after retirement from the upper mid west for better climate. AZ, the same, people looking for better climate and maybe a lower cost of living.
Actually FL is the perfect example, and probably no different than AZ. Florida has two different kinds of move-ins. The Snowbirds, which someone above mentioned. They flock in for six months out of the year. The only good thing about the typical snowbird.. After the early-bird supper you usually don't see them again till morning and they stick pretty much to their own "area." That's why there is a Publix, a BOA, A Walgreen's and an Eckerd/CVS on all four corners about every 2 miles. This also includes a tremendous amount of Canadian's anymore.

Then you have the retiree's who chunked it all back up North and were moving in droves in the 90's. Where you could literally flip a house in a week and almost double your money. They were giving jobs away. And these are the ones that became the most trouble for FL. Overcrowding the roads, demanding services and causing FL to instigate some of the highest impact fee's imaginable. Polk County, FL which at one time was one of the most reasonable to move to started charging 18K per home built because they couldn't keep up with the increasing demand for services.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:13 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
It sounds to me like you have a personal problem. Most educated people do not have problems with other regions of the country because they are aware of what is going on in the world. Ignorant people, on the other hand, find fault with everything, and because they have inferiority complexes, they have to try and find fault with others to make themselves feel better. BTW nobody worships anyone else. Mutual respect would be more like it. Something some of us are not capable of understanding it seems.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:16 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I'm going with the guess that they covet our weather, low taxes and low cost of living...and probably the women.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
In any thread where someone criticizes the south, conservatives from the north and west will jump in quickly to defend southerners. In threads about the confederate flag there are more northern and western conservatives spouting the "states rights not slavery" and "southern heritage not hate" propaganda than there are southerners. I bet some of their ancestors who fought and died to save the union would be disgusted. Almost every conservative I know listens to country music but not the regional style of music that has developed in their own area. I've even heard some trying to speak with slight southern accents. If you go to the "relocating" sections of this forum you will see numerous threads started by conservatives from the north and west asking questions about relocating to the south (though almost none of them ever actually do it), especially Texas. Do these dreamers really believe Texas isn't experiencing the same problems with illegals, increase in housing prices, traffic, and an increasingly liberal demographic that will eventually dominate the state's politics? Are they completely oblivious to the fact that most native "good ol boy" Texans don't even like transplants, especially ones from the culturally different north and west?

I'd like to go back to the days when north and west conservatives had regional and state pride, even if the politics of their area doesn't fit their ideology. And especially to the days when they had pride in their ancestors who died to save the union against rebels.
Conservatives? i'm liberal and i defend the South from these prejudice as-holes too, its not just conservatives buddy.

For future references, don't go around disrespecting a whole region and not expect any reactions.

"Regional and State pride" lmfao sorry no thank you, that attitude is too backwards too me, i am human just like everyone else in this world and i am proud to be human, that is it. i don't have any affection to dirt.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:18 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
In any thread where someone criticizes the south, conservatives from the north and west will jump in quickly to defend southerners. In threads about the confederate flag there are more northern and western conservatives spouting the "states rights not slavery" and "southern heritage not hate" propaganda than there are southerners. I bet some of their ancestors who fought and died to save the union would be disgusted. Almost every conservative I know listens to country music but not the regional style of music that has developed in their own area. I've even heard some trying to speak with slight southern accents. If you go to the "relocating" sections of this forum you will see numerous threads started by conservatives from the north and west asking questions about relocating to the south (though almost none of them ever actually do it), especially Texas. Do these dreamers really believe Texas isn't experiencing the same problems with illegals, increase in housing prices, traffic, and an increasingly liberal demographic that will eventually dominate the state's politics? Are they completely oblivious to the fact that most native "good ol boy" Texans don't even like transplants, especially ones from the culturally different north and west?

I'd like to go back to the days when north and west conservatives had regional and state pride, even if the politics of their area doesn't fit their ideology. And especially to the days when they had pride in their ancestors who died to save the union against rebels.
Maybe it's because those of us that live in "fly over country" get sick of jerks from the coasts looking down their noses at everyone else?

Much of your post is really pretty ridiculous garbage full of your personal anecdotes about "conservatives you know".

Old 07-07-2015, 03:22 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,764 times
Best they love to get these blind SUPPORT from idiots who don't understand politics. These poor idiots from the Southern States don't understand that these Republicans Policies do not benefit anyone making 3rd world poor income.

A lot of these poor Republicans from the south are on Welfare, Obamacare and who knows what else. Yet they vote Republican because they believe it's PATRIOTIC.

Idiots.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:34 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
A Doctorate and money can't take the trailer trash, redneck, gun toting, hillbilly out of some of us I guess.

I find the Confederate Flag shameful in the sense it represented oppression to blacks and is held out as a symbol of white supremacy. So I thought they should have removed some 60 years ago from ties to the government....but I don't vote and don't have a say in South Carolina's business and I know there are good people that support the Flag for reasons other than as a symbol of hate. So I hate to see the PC Nazis bullying people as they always want to do. To me, the PC Nazis in the USA are just as dangerous as the Nazis of Germany. The Rebel Flag guys are no threat to my liberty but the PC Nazis, you are.
Right on the Money

You nailed it perfectly. Sorry I can't rep you for this one.

Signed
A Individual Freedoms supporting Westerner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies