Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:55 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Judges, like most government employees, take an oath, not to uphold SCOTUS rulings, but to follow the laws of the United States, including the Constitution.
Like it or not, for 212 years the Supreme Court has and is the final arbiter of what is and what isn't Constitutional.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:22 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The "gays" look exactly like the prancing "queens" in "gay pride" parades.

You seem to know an awful lot about that. Seriously though....Listen, I don't necessarily have an issue with this judge's decision. Everyone has a line that they won't cross. Some draw that line in the sand closer than others do, and therefore nobody should be forced to do something that they feel uncomfortable about! I get that! But, let's face it, there are worse things than officiating a gay marriage for cryin' out loud! It isn't like it's some creepy dude requesting the judge to marry a child, or an animal, or take part in some sick sacrifice or something. So I can see both sides of the issue. Gay people in this country are citizens, are they not? They pay taxes and they contribute to their communities do they not? Well, being the champion of individual liberties that I am, I see no need to deny them the same rights we have just because they're attracted to a person of the same sex. Who are they hurting? Are they hurting you in some way, shape or form? Have they tried to convert you? I realize it isn't the natural order of things, obviously given the parts God gave us with the intention to procreate, but as we see it does occur in nature. Is it some form of flaw in the way they're wired? Who knows? I don't pretend to understand it, because DUH I'm straight! But it doesn't justify trying to pass laws or legislate morality to deny them, or force them to live a lie their whole lives just because others feel weird about it. By doing that, they are bearing false witness to themselves, and others! Another simple example I can give you is that I'm left handed, which as you know is not the natural order, because we live in a right handed world, but that doesn't mean that I should be treated like a freak of nature for being left handed.

Finally, I think both sides need to get over it and move on! Social conservatives need to stop invoking religion into legislation, and gay people need to cut the witch hunt on people that don't feel comfortable in dealing with them, as there are plenty of people who will. Where they will indeed lose my support and respect is if they do go after churches and force them to perform marriages, which would definitely be in violation of the First Amendment. Will it happen? Time will tell. In the mean time I say let's focus on the real issues in this country, such as the economy, loss of jobs, and the errosion of our rights and middle class due to those we elect and their cronies.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:45 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,071,217 times
nononsenseguy, how long and hard did you have to search for that particular picture? Seems like you enjoy shoving things in people's faces. hmm.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Care to point to a single decision by a Federal court that Obama has ignored?
Most recently?

"The Government promised this Court on May 7, 2015, that “immediate steps” were being taken to remedy the violations of the injunction. Yet, as of June 23, 2015—some six weeks after making that representation—the situation had not been rectified. With that in mind, the Court hereby sets a hearing for August 19, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. Each individual Defendant must attend and be prepared to show why he or she should not be held in contempt of Court. In addition to the individual Defendants, the Government shall bring all relevant witnesses on this topic as the Court will not continue this matter to a later date. The Government has conceded that it has directly violated this Court’s Order in its May 7, 2015 Advisory, yet, as of today, two months have passed since the Advisory and it has not remediated its own violative behavior."

Federal District Court Judge Andrew Hanen (after previously issuing an injunction against further cabinet action on behalf of President Obama’s unilateral executive order on immigration)

images.politico.com/global/2015/07/07/hanenjohnsonord.pdf

Old 07-10-2015, 08:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Sooner or later you 'folks' are going to have to learn that God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever more. .

So you're still sacrificing goats to Yahweh?

Old 07-10-2015, 08:50 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Toledo judge refuses to perform gay marriage | The Columbus Dispatch

wait a minute, I thought it was all a southern thang?

...let the political lynching begin!
It is a universal idiot thing.

Likes of Khumeini and Putin aren't southerners either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.