Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:24 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like poor parenting, may I suggest forgoing having children if you just plan on abandoning them the moment they make a decision you don't agree with.
LOL.

You left wing extremists have no idea what good parenting is. You didn't get it, or you wouldn't be like you are, and you certainly aren't capable of giving it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 11:38 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,510,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Humans...

If my child came home the opposite sex I'd sit him down and explain to him that since he is now capable of making his own decisions, he is capable of living on his own and that he has a week to vacate the premises otherwise I shall be forced to hqve him removed.
Nice to know you would toss your 15 year old child into the street. Good parenting there. You're the reason suicide rates are so high amongst the trans population - poor psychosocial support.

You don't deserve to have children.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:52 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,206 times
This is great -- Now in 20 or so years we'll have the great delight of watching Oregon being sued because some guy screwed his head on straight and decided that having a vag wasn't really for him after all ...

Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,947,000 times
Why don't all you ignorant bigots just shut up and stop attacking people who don't fit your idea of perfection. Ghod I'm sick of reading page after page of this rot on every third thread. Get a life and leave gay and trans peole alone.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
LOL.

You left wing extremists have no idea what good parenting is. You didn't get it, or you wouldn't be like you are, and you certainly aren't capable of giving it.
So right wingers support disowning children when they make a decision the right wing parent disapproves of? That is a sad way to live, not what I would call "good parenting."

Old 07-12-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
This is great -- Now in 20 or so years we'll have the great delight of watching Oregon being sued because some guy screwed his head on straight and decided that having a vag wasn't really for him after all ...
So basically you have no idea what the actual law says, the 15yr old wouldn't be getting a removal of organs, and what is it with you right wingers, the only ones that are tran to you guys seem to be only male....

Old 07-12-2015, 12:35 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,492 times
Funny how right wingers get worked up so easily!

Old 07-12-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Funny how right wingers get worked up so easily!
Even more funny when it is over a fluff piece like this without bothering to research the real facts to see what is fake in the article....much easier to blame liberals and pretend like something is worse than what it really is because if they went off the real story, there would be nothing to freak out about.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:53 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Oregon allowing 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized sex-change operations | Fox News

Brought to you by the same people who think home schooling is abusive. Another prime example of why NOT to put progressives in positions of power.
How lovely. You can't get a tattoo in Oregon if you're under 18 without parental or guardian consent, but mutilate yourself? NO PROBLEM.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:56 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Oregon is not the first or only state whereby the state's Medicaid System will provide " treatment" for gender identification, including surgery provided prerequisites are met. What appears to make Oregon remarkable is the age of medical consent law. I took a quick spin thru the law and it appeared to be limited to certain medical services. In other words, it did not strike me as broad enough to cover gender reassignment surgery.

Perhaps I missed something.

I am on an I- Pad and DK how to link.

I cannot imagine a medical professional prescribing hormone treatment to ward off puberty, let alone perform sex reassignment surgery on a minor. Sounds like doing so would have a substantially higher degree of medical malpractice risk , over time.

As an aside, gender reassignment surgery is excluded under most healthcare plans.

I do not understand gender dyphoria.
That is what posters have been trying to say, but urbanlife and greywar want to pretend that the law from 1971 covered gender reassignment.

And greywar, it's changed, you can't go in to the military until 18. I had to wait until the day after I turned 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies