Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 06:35 PM

463 posts, read 321,076 times

Advertisements

Now these morons are suing any business that does any kind of business with pot shops. Accountants, banks, landlords, anyone is fair game. They are using federal racketeering laws as the basis.

The really ironic thing is the group is called "Safe Streets Alliance". If they would just open their eyes they would see safer streets in places like Denver! They are so blinded by bias and prejudice they can't even see reality.

Really? If you want safer streets, end the damn drug war!!!

These folks must be really, really dense...

Marijuana opponents using racketeering law to fight industry - US News

Since this goes against the direction the feds have been moving on this issue, including working on new legislation that allows banks to safely work with the cannabis industry, I wonder if they will take any steps to prevent further perversion of the racketeering laws?

Old 07-13-2015, 07:16 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Now these morons are suing any business that does any kind of business with pot shops. Accountants, banks, landlords, anyone is fair game. They are using federal racketeering laws as the basis.

The really ironic thing is the group is called "Safe Streets Alliance". If they would just open their eyes they would see safer streets in places like Denver! They are so blinded by bias and prejudice they can't even see reality.

Since this goes against the direction the feds have been moving on this issue, including working on new legislation that allows banks to safely work with the cannabis industry, I wonder if they will take any steps to prevent further perversion of the racketeering laws?
So let me get this right...
You oppose citizens using legal process in front of judicial review to air their grievances?

Sounds exactly like marijuana dealers and the ACLU suing cities here in California for their right to sell pot.

Don't pollute our world with pot
Don't reduce our abilities as human beings supporting lives of mediocrity through addictions or focus on pot

Old 07-13-2015, 07:18 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Anybody who drinks alcohol yet supports the prohibition on marijuana is a hypocrite.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
So let me get this right...
You oppose citizens using legal process in front of judicial review to air their grievances?

Sounds exactly like marijuana dealers and the ACLU suing cities here in California for their right to sell pot.

Judicial review? That has nothing to do with it at this point. These are bullies, or maybe better put, thugs, who are suing people who have no ability to defend against the suits. As soon as they agree to stop selling their services or wares to the pot shop, they are dismissed from the suit.

Bullying tactics at their finest. The are even using a 45 year old law that was never meant to be used for this purpose. I have a feeling when the first shop fights back and takes it to a court of law it won't hold up. It isn't in the spirit of the law as written. Besides, I thought state lines had to be crossed in order to invoke racketeering laws?

The saddest part, by far, is that these all of these suits and other tactics are always based on politics, never on the plant's merits or lack thereof. Ever. Reality DOES NOT MATTER to prohibitionists. Ever.

Quote:
Don't reduce our abilities as human beings supporting lives of mediocrity through addictions or focus on pot

As per usual, your intense bias and ignorance of the plant, and its effects on humans, is showing.

What would be MUCH more beneficial is for you to stop polluting our world with your narrow-minded, prejudiced, and jaded propaganda.

Last edited by Vistaian; 07-13-2015 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-13-2015, 08:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post

Yeesh, you people who just gotta have [your] weed sure get riled up.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM

Lol!

Yep. You have no idea...

Old 07-13-2015, 10:25 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Marijuana is not addictive. Clearly you've gotten some bad information from someone.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Marijuana is not addictive. Clearly you've gotten some bad information from someone.
It absolutely is. A family member of mine recently went through withdrawal after he was arrested for possession and decided to "lay low" for some time. Not severe symptoms like with other drugs, but he got headaches, irritability, cravings to smoke it, symptoms like that. He smoked every single day for years. He was definitely addicted, to either the feeling or the drug itself, but he was/is addicted. He still hasn't stopped, of course, he got back on it because he can't not.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:26 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,280,080 times
Ever since reading Chasing The Scream, I get a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach any time I read or hear of anti-drug screed. It is at once eye-opening and horribly depressing. And highly recommended. Really displays how demented the attitude of the world at large has become.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:20 AM

1,136 posts, read 924,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It absolutely is. A family member of mine recently went through withdrawal after he was arrested for possession and decided to "lay low" for some time. Not severe symptoms like with other drugs, but he got headaches, irritability, cravings to smoke it, symptoms like that. He smoked every single day for years. He was definitely addicted, to either the feeling or the drug itself, but he was/is addicted. He still hasn't stopped, of course, he got back on it because he can't not.
This is pretty much the same thing that happened to a coworker of mine who stopped drinking caffeinated soda for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies