Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:37 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The lesson to learn is that subjugation and discrimination results in violence. So far, the US is far more accepting of Muslims than Europe, our Muslims are in a higher economic class with more opportunity, and the US has consequently far fewer incidents. Let's keep it that way.
That is true. The subjugation and discrimination committed by some of those that practice Islam is brutal and often results in violence against it's victims. This silly, brutal, 9th century cult isn't compatible with a modern, democratic society. It is time to highly restrict Islamists from entry into this, and other, western countries. A large share of the world is primarily Muslim now, there is no reason Islamists can't stay in lands where their cult is already dominant. Now, the fact that Muslims have turned those countries into violent crapholes where Muslims are busy slaughtering other Muslims isn't reason to allow "refugees" from those countries, it is evidence of why we should not. I don't recall us welcoming Nazis with open arms, why should we do so with Muslims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 05:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
So what choices do the Europeans have?

Continue to allow immigration to provide the factory workers to promote a growing economy.

Encourage immigration from non-Muslim English speaking countries like India.

Limit or end immigration of Muslims and make up for the declining population by automating industry.

Encourage European families to have more children so more workers become available.

Mass incarceration and forced deportation of Muslims to anywhere else.

Forced conversions to Atheism or Christianity

Mass genocide of Muslims all over Europe.

Under the right circumstances any and all of these are acceptable to the non Muslim Europeans.

In any case we should stay as far away from this problem until Muslim fanatics try to force their religion and culture on this country. Then these options become ours.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Toyman - We did allow some Nazi's into this country after WW2 but they were "special".

FWIW - I do not object to Muslim individuals but I am vehemently opposed to their culture and religion. I think we should get out of the Middle East and let them get on with their internal political conflicts and unending family religious wars. We should not try to stop them from thinning their own herd.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:11 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
A British girl comes home after living many years abroad, only to see her hometown is full of Muslims demanding barbaric Sharia Law and professing hate for Infidels/Western world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA

Old 07-22-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Toyman - We did allow some Nazi's into this country after WW2 but they were "special".

FWIW - I do not object to Muslim individuals but I am vehemently opposed to their culture and religion. I think we should get out of the Middle East and let them get on with their internal political conflicts and unending family religious wars. We should not try to stop them from thinning their own herd.
How Thousands Of Nazis Were 'Rewarded' With Life In The U.S. : NPR

Quote:
Lichtblau says there were whole networks of spy groups around the world made up of Nazis — and they entered the U.S., one by one.

"They sort of had put in their service," Lichtblau tells Fresh Air's Dave Davies. "This was their 'reward' ... for their spy service ... coming to the United States and being able to live out their lives basically with anonymity and no scrutiny."
If someone was a Nazi and then served the US by helping us against a current enemy, often at the risk of their lives, I don't see a major problem. They have earned some consideration. Not all that joined the Nazi party ran the death camps. (assuming of course that the ones in question were not among the animals that created and implemented the horrors of genocide, ran the death camps, committed war crimes, etc)

I feel the same about Muslim immigration. If a Muslim say helped the US in fighting the Iraqi insurgents or ISIS, or helped us find and dismantle IEDs before an American serviceman was killed by other Muslims, fine. If he say helped us take out bin Laden, bring him here, rather than let him rot in a Pakistan prison. Put them at the front of the line. Not all that jointed Islam are wholesale murderers. At the same time, just because you're a Muslim from a country that your fellow Muslims have turned into a hellhole, shouldn't give you a "go to the front of the line" card.

Much like those that chose to join the Nazi party, we should be selective of those that chose to join Islam that we allow to enter this country. And for the same reason.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

You perhaps haven't read the story of the Green Prince. The Green Prince is the son of Hamas Leader. He (the prince) has every right to become American citizen because he was also valuable and special.

Yesterday's enemy can be today's friend. Only an idiot (NOT YOU) believes that enemies should forever be enemies (They perhaps have some unresolved issues if they believe so)

I am not trying to defend Nazis in any way, but even a Jewish lady said that you cannot judge history using perfect hindsight. If you were a young man living in Nazi Germany, what would you do? History is just that, history.

The muslim radicals are here to stay, they are not staying in Middle east. Globalization has its pros and cons, and being a citizen of global village carries risks. To Fight Terrorism, We Need To Deal With (work with) The American Muslim community.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-22-2015 at 08:15 AM..

Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Much like those that chose to join the Nazi party, we should be selective of those that chose to join Islam that we allow to enter this country. And for the same reason.
The majority of "Muslims" who immigrate were born into the religion, they didn't choose it. Second-generation immigrants might consider themselves Muslim in culture but religiously apathetic(like my wife and her family) or they can rediscover the faith and become much more religious than their parents. The majority of Muslim converts in the US who choose the religion are black Americans,(Muhammad Ali, Dave Chappelle, Shaquille O'Neal, Kareem Abdul Jabber, etc).

Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
The majority of "Muslims" who immigrate were born into the religion, they didn't choose it. Second-generation immigrants might consider themselves Muslim in culture but religiously apathetic(like my wife and her family) or they can rediscover the faith and become much more religious than their parents. The majority of Muslim converts in the US who choose the religion are black Americans,(Muhammad Ali, Dave Chappelle, Shaquille O'Neal, Kareem Abdul Jabber, etc).
Did you have to become a Muslim to marry your Muslim wife?

Old 07-22-2015, 08:21 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Did you have to become a Muslim to marry your Muslim wife?
Did I say she was a practicing Muslim? Her heritage is Muslim, but she probably knows less about Islam than I do. Her father doesn't practice it either anymore except for not eating pork, but he'll always be a "Muslim" because of his name and where he was born.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
You're not "born into" a religion. Your parents may be a member of that religion and may have raised you to support or embrace it, but joining, supporting and remaining in a religion (or not) is a choice every adult makes. Saying you're "born into" a religion is like saying your "born into" the Democratic or Republican (or Nazi) party, just because your parents were members. As a child, sure that's a valid excuse. As an adult, it's a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies