Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 06:17 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times

Advertisements

independent means no political affiliation.

Since I registered as independent, I can't vote in primaries, have no say in who is running for office in any party. I can vote in the 'final' election.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,799,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
independent means no political affiliation.

Since I registered as independent, I can't vote in primaries, have no say in who is running for office in any party. I can vote in the 'final' election.
Now you have me curious; I see a few people saying this. Is NC's law (I am "Unaffiliated" but can vote in either but not both primaries) unique?

Old 07-24-2015, 07:31 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Lighten up, people. Life is short. It's a sad day when people lose their sense of humor.
Ironic Post Of The Day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfmEZYdtrY

Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Thank you for my first laugh this morning. Good one, Montana Griz.

I can't help but note how you have been "jumped on" for putting this in the "wrong" category...... and then the length of discussion regarding the very thing you were scolded for. My my...... what has happened to us old codgers?

Lighten up, people. Life is short. It's a sad day when people lose their sense of humor.
Democrats have no sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
A friend of mine, who is also "A Registered Independent", said he was diving home in Chicago last evening and was listening to a "Sports CALL-IN Program" on WGN Radio in Chicago.
Several people had called in very upset that "a Goat's Head" had been sent to the Cubs Baseball Team owner , Tom Ricketts, at Wrigley Field.
Then a call came in from a listener in Idaho who said:..."Why are you folks so upset about a Goat's Head being sent to Wrigley Field.......Aren't you Chicagoans the same folks that sent "A Horse's Ass" to the White House??
At that point, he had to pull over and stop until he quit being doubled over from laughing so violently......................
I wonder why they didn't say a three-horned goat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Wrong forum, take it to Politics and Other Controversy.
Obama has gone after the elderly with cuts in the Medicare benefits we have paid (I'm still paying) for during our working lives. On his first election day his countrymen were sacrificing goats by crushing their heads at his place of birth. The president of Kenya stated that a monument would be built on the spot. While Obama was in the Senate he had returned home to participate in tribal politics. We stopped hearing about this stuff right after the election.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I had an acquaintance once who always had a twinkle in his eye and something up his sleeve.... kind of a $hi+ disturber at heart. He lived in the Florida panhandle and went into the courthouse to register as a Democrat. At first the county clerk refused to allow it. He started to make a scene that he had the right to register any way he wanted. The clerk argued that he was disenfranchising himself by being a Democrat in that county since there would never be a Democratic primary with multiple candidates and no Democrat could ever win an election. He did it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies