Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2015, 04:04 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do you think pro life ladies will volunteer to incubate all the unused in vitro eggs left in the clinics?
That's another dilemma for them. Be careful what you wish for, etc.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:07 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will say this again. The decision to terminate a pregnancy is only the concern of the woman. It is NOT your concern or mine. I strongly suggest you mind your own concerns.

As the latest outrage is over providing fetal tissue for medical research I prefer that, with the possibility of life saving medications, to just incinerating the mess.

If you highly concerned anti-abortion people want to do something useful try adopting the unwanted and usually poor children that may result if abortions are not available. I guess that is not an option because caring for a child might interfere with your participation in your righteous attention getting cause.
https://library.childwelfare.gov/cwi...3525%27%29&r=1

National Adoption Rate Rises as Waiting Population Declines.
Quote:
Findings from the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System report on FY 2011 child welfare data are shared. Results indicate the number of children waiting to be adopted dropped from 133,682 in FY 2007 to 104,236 in FY 2011, those who spent time in foster care has dropped from roughly 800,000 to 646,000 since FY 2002, and those entering foster care declined from a peak of 307,000 in FY 2005 to 252,000 in 2011. Ongoing issues for older youth are explored.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
ah yes, I think you have linked this one before or Janelle has, as I have read it. I have a hard time believing these stories with no real dates no full names or names of the hospitals. just generalizations. as I said this wouldn't hold up to a first year public defenders cross exam. as written it is all hearsay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
No real dates, no full names, however, this hearsay people will believe.

So now what?

Sanctity of Human Life

"Did you know that 44 percent of all American women will have an abortion at some point during their lifetime? More than a million American women will have an abortion this year, but hardly any of them talk about it. Why is that?"
Quote:
they don't talk about it because it is none of your business. people don't talk about private, personal business to the world at large, if they do talk about it the talk to their family, their priest or pastor, their friends. you want them on tv talking about it?
Quote:
this story is supposedly about a woman who regrets how she feels about abortion, not about how the women she helped to have abortions. lots of people find abortion unappealing. that is no surprise. is the story real? don't know, but at least from the quote you posted it has a ring of truth from someone who is against abortion.
If it is a personal message, where as the one telling of their story wishes to remain anonymous. It isn't me that wants them seen on T.V., but you disputing their claims, calling their message hearsay, because they are anonymous. You can't have it both ways.

Women don't talk about it, because they don't wish to relive their pain, you want them to relive it in a way, so as you can't dispute it. That's just crazy and crazier still ... that ...

Then I brought you a link as the discussion that was brought up called for documented claims concerning Planned Parenthood. What Abbey Johnson reveals are not just her feeling, but the procedures of Planned Parenthood's abortions and the reasons she resigned.

You Are Not Alone ... Finding Healing

"Dr. Nathanson explained to this man that if he actually allowed himself to feel the depth of his remorse, he wouldn’t be able to live with the pain. I would say that is pretty accurate for most of us who have once lived and walked in those hallways of evil. I’m not sure my heart would take the pain if I really allowed myself to feel what I had done."
--------

People have to disassociate themselves from the act, from what they have done because feeling it over and over again, is just too much to bear. Why? Because they have a conscience, which is something some people don't have, which is why we have sociopaths. (a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.)

Old 08-24-2015, 10:01 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,264 times
God supports Planned Parenthood.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
And how will you force women who don't want to have a baby have one? Are you going to strap them down on a table?

That's should look good. That's not a forced physical violation at all.
And how are you going to force women to procreate?

Here's the deal. Fertility rates are down world wide (women ages 15-44) as well as abortions have declined, as well.

This is what I think. (mho)

Women are tired of being manipulated, by the men who legalized their way out of a responsibility and the women who support what men have done.

Women are more apt to give birth to a college diploma and a job, than a baby. However, even women in poorer (countries) situations, have ceased to have babies, for them I think they are just tired of being manipulated into having sex, with the weight of child bearing or abortions being placed solely and squarely upon their shoulders. For those who desire still an occasional roll in the hay, there are contraceptives and they know how to use them.

This whole issue is about men controlling women and woman are getting but about tired of it. The more women that become empowered, the less men will have to say about what does and does not get done on issues that are important to them.

Can't wait for a woman in the White House.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Default The Flip Side ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I just thought I would provide a little context of what PP does FWIW.

Fact Check: How Does Planned Parenthood Spend That Government Money? : It's All Politics : NPR August 5, 2015

"The overwhelming majority of Planned Parenthood's services involve screening for and treating sexually transmitted diseases and infections, as well as providing contraception.

...abortions are actually not a big part of what Planned Parenthood says it does — 3 percent of the services it provided last year were abortion-related, according to the organization's annual report. (For a sense of the scope of that, abortions accounted for about 328,000 of the group's nearly 10.6 million services provided last year.)"
State releases Planned Parenthood investigation results - Christine Sexton - POLITICO

Old 08-24-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
God supports Planned Parenthood.
Babies in Heaven is probably the only way He won't be alone.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:42 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Quote:
Florida Gov. Rick Scott is changing the rules related to abortions to create a “false impression” that Planned Parenthood is not operating in line with state standards.

That’s the position of Laura Goodhue, executive director of the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates. In a statement issued Wednesday, Goodhue challenged state findings that three of its clinics have been operating outside the boundaries of their licenses by performing second trimester abortions.
Planned Parenthood: Gov. Rick Scott Changed Abortion Rules | St. Pete, FL Patch

Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
It's a measure but probably not the most significant one. A 20 week fetus lacks the neural networks necessary for consciousness - it has no brain waves.
Wrong. At day 40, brain waves can be detected. Get your facts straight before you post.

Overview: Fetal Development | First Trimester | Pregnancy.org

Old 08-24-2015, 12:55 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If it is a personal message, where as the one telling of their story wishes to remain anonymous. It isn't me that wants them seen on T.V., but you disputing their claims, calling their message hearsay, because they are anonymous. You can't have it both ways.

Women don't talk about it, because they don't wish to relive their pain, you want them to relive it in a way, so as you can't dispute it. That's just crazy and crazier still ... that ...

Then I brought you a link as the discussion that was brought up called for documented claims concerning Planned Parenthood. What Abbey Johnson reveals are not just her feeling, but the procedures of Planned Parenthood's abortions and the reasons she resigned.

You Are Not Alone ... Finding Healing

"Dr. Nathanson explained to this man that if he actually allowed himself to feel the depth of his remorse, he wouldn’t be able to live with the pain. I would say that is pretty accurate for most of us who have once lived and walked in those hallways of evil. I’m not sure my heart would take the pain if I really allowed myself to feel what I had done."
--------

People have to disassociate themselves from the act, from what they have done because feeling it over and over again, is just too much to bear. Why? Because they have a conscience, which is something some people don't have, which is why we have sociopaths. (a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.)
You ever consider the fact that they DO talk about it? They might just not talk about it to random yahoos on the street. Do you you tell personal strangers about you and your mates sex life? Do you tell them about your surgeries you have? The majority of women are fine with their choice. They don't need you or a bunch of anti choice goofballs to convince them that they are somehow burying their emotions either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies