Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 01:31 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I don't consider "serial aborters" a significant problem. If these women have decided that they're unfit to be mothers - for whatever reasons - who am I to argue with them?If you have verifiable stats to the contrary, please post them.
Yes, the poster will now post a link to those states from liveactionnews.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:58 PM

884 posts, read 716,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so what? another woman can have the same experience or a different experience and still want an abortion. the founding was based on privacy and the right to regulate your own body, not the circumstance of how the pregnancy happened.
yeah, tell that to the baby, hypocrite.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:00 PM

884 posts, read 716,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I don't consider "serial aborters" a significant problem. If these women have decided that they're unfit to be mothers - for whatever reasons - who am I to argue with them?If you have verifiable stats to the contrary, please post them.
Ok, good for you. Since you don't consider serial abortion a significant problem then surely you would consider paying for all of them.

Sing another tune real fast I would gather. What a disgrace. So tired of people freely spending other peoples hard earned pay. I have a heart and don't mind paying for the sick, elderly etc who truly need it. But this crap. No Ray, you pay for it. Keep your filthy convoluted hands out of my wallet.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:12 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
yeah, tell that to the baby, hypocrite.

a woman has autonomy over her own body that does not make her a hypocrite. just because you don't like her choice does not make her a hypocrite.

when you grow a uterus perhaps then you can volunteer to incubate and raise the fetus of a woman who is unwilling to continue her pregnancy.

just because a uterus can take a pregnancy to term doesn't mean a woman has to. her life and none of your business.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Ok, good for you. Since you don't consider serial abortion a significant problem then surely you would consider paying for all of them.

Sing another tune real fast I would gather. What a disgrace. So tired of people freely spending other peoples hard earned pay. I have a heart and don't mind paying for the sick, elderly etc who truly need it. But this crap. No Ray, you pay for it. Keep your filthy convoluted hands out of my wallet.
you don't get a choice where your tax dollars go. besides your tax dollars do not pay for abortions. how about all the innocent civilians women and children our wars kill every year. you pro life for them too? care that your tax dollars kills these children?

Old 08-28-2015, 07:41 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
a woman has autonomy over her own body that does not make her a hypocrite. just because you don't like her choice does not make her a hypocrite.

when you grow a uterus perhaps then you can volunteer to incubate and raise the fetus of a woman who is unwilling to continue her pregnancy.

just because a uterus can take a pregnancy to term doesn't mean a woman has to. her life and none of your business.

That's what makes you and almost all choicers hypocrites for accepting 'viability' as the standard for eliminating abortion on demand. Many of the same reasons for not wanting a child can occur in months 6-9. But just because the parasitic clump has potential to live outside the uterus, you'll force the woman to carry to term and reject 'her life, none of your business.' as

Old 08-28-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
That's what makes you and almost all choicers hypocrites for accepting 'viability' as the standard for eliminating abortion on demand. Many of the same reasons for not wanting a child can occur in months 6-9. But just because the parasitic clump has potential to live outside the uterus, you'll force the woman to carry to term and reject 'her life, none of your business.' as
I support the law. it was far brighter minds than mine who put viability as a restriction. you can't get a late term abortion "just because" there are restrictions as well. if push came to shove and the choice was no restrictions at all vs no abortions, I would support no restrictions. just because the choice is available doesn't mean that is the one you would pick. people make choices for their lives and live with the consequence. not my life not really my business.

are you saying you would be pro choice if a woman could abort up to birth for no reason?

are you truly "pro life" or do you support abortion for rape and incest? is that being a hypocrite?

Old 08-28-2015, 08:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
you don't get a choice where your tax dollars go. besides your tax dollars do not pay for abortions. how about all the innocent civilians women and children our wars kill every year. you pro life for them too? care that your tax dollars kills these children?
http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/669140.pdf

Table 1, Page 4

Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
no duh. they are federally funded but the Hyde amendment makes it law they can't use their federal funding for abortions.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:09 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Why don't people who identify as pro-choice celebrate the choice to have a baby?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies