Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 09:10 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Oh and if you want to see what really happened to these boys, go to the Daily Mail and find the story on there. They have images of the blisters that formed on the boys' backs. One blister was the size of a softball. ABC doesn't do the story justice.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...99028883,d.cWw
The idiot mother asks "What's the matter baby?" What does she think was the matter? She sure didn't sound upset or very compassionate to their pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,869,297 times
I don't see them getting that severely burned from one hour at a splash pad. the original OP has comments from the local community that indicate the mother saw they had some slight burns after daycare and then took them to a swimming pool for 4 hours where they burned more and is trying to get money and sympathy from people. Also that the investigation into neglect/abuse may include the mother as well.

I have a young child and when she went to daycare or summer programs, we had to sign permission slips for them to go on field trips to pools/splash pads and all parents were responsible for supplying sunscreen, towels, and swim suits, etc. If the mothers did not provide the sunscreen then they are at fault, not the daycare IMO.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,475,007 times
It's never the ****ty teacher's fault anymore. Teachers are to be thought of as extended parents when it comes to what they should be taught but as soon as something happens like this it's automatically not their responsibility. Let's face it, today's teachers suck for the most part, they are nothing more than Progressive activists.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,981,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's never the ****ty teacher's fault anymore. Teachers are to be thought of as extended parents when it comes to what they should be taught but as soon as something happens like this it's automatically not their responsibility. Let's face it, today's teachers suck for the most part, they are nothing more than Progressive activists.

Should teachers have to wash and bathe their students too?

Why would any parent even want a teacher lotioning up their child? Why do people like you cut the parent so much slack while blaming everyone else?

Parents need to start taking care of their children, or stop having them.

Btw, the children were probably being supervised by 14-22 year olds making $7.50 per Hour. "You get what you pay for".

Old 07-30-2015, 09:36 AM

39,401 posts, read 27,784,869 times
Poor kids, I don't know what to think about this and I don't know whom should be blamed here.

I babysat for my friends before, all I could do is keeping the boys inside. At the very least, I know they would be safe. I don't know what to do with them. People can be very ignorant sometimes.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,649,973 times
Have no idea who owns the day care but they have had numerous compaints over the years and should have been closed down years again. The workers involved should be fired and prosecuted if possible and daycare should be responsible for the medical expenses. These are sadistic people who shouldnt be able to be in charge of other humans. To expect CHILDREN to be responsible for themselves would to me mean they didnt need the daycare services. These children need skin grafts for crying out loud and were made fun of for crying. There seems to be evil going on way too frequently in this country.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,869,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Have no idea who owns the day care but they have had numerous compaints over the years and should have been closed down years again. The workers involved should be fired and prosecuted if possible and daycare should be responsible for the medical expenses. These are sadistic people who shouldnt be able to be in charge of other humans. To expect CHILDREN to be responsible for themselves would to me mean they didnt need the daycare services. These children need skin grafts for crying out loud and were made fun of for crying. There seems to be evil going on way too frequently in this country.
Just wanted to mention that the complaints/citations were for minor paperwork things.

Most daycares have multiple citations about paperwork as rules/regs regarding what needs to be in files changes periodically. My mother has run a daycare for many years and those sorts of things are commonplace. You also have parents who do indeed expect daycare providers to bathe/wash/lotion their children.

It is the parent's responsibility to provide sunscreen and permission for the kids to go on a trip like this. If the mom didn't want them to go as she knows they are fair skinned then she shouldn't have allowed them to go. Maybe have their dad watch them that day or their grandparents, etc.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,301,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
are you freakin kidding me GregW?

you take charge and you tell the boys, if you don't put you shirts on, you sit in the shade for the whole time we're here.
Are you going to forcefully going to make them sit in the shade? Good luck with that.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:01 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,649,973 times
You are correct on not allowing kids to participate if no sunscreen and shirts. Thats where common sense didnt kick in and I have a problem with that. Stupid is as stupid does and that includes the childrens family. Have been involved with daycares over the years and never found this lack of concern. The workers at least loved children and took responsabilty serious. For many in all professions its just a job and with that mentality they just dont make good employees. As for paperwork issues this was probably due to federal govt paying towards the costs and yes they do get testy when they suspect fraud. The better class of daycare facilities dont usually have these issues and they also receive fed funds.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:39 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,388,553 times
They were on a day trip to the water park, the day care is responsible for their safety, not a very good day care if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies