Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 05:33 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe this day care center, these boys are suffering now, from 2nd and 3rd degree burns....and the woman in charge of the outing said, they ran out of sun screen and the boys didn't want to keep their shirts on, so, she didn't make them do so....this is pathetic....what in the world is wrong with people....are they nuts?

Boys

What do you think should be done?

They should close down the place, and hold her responsible to pay all the bills....

never to work with kids again.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 05:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Bad luck. Kids will be kids and you cannot tell little boys what to do and expect them to cooperate. I'll bet they don't do that again.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Bad luck. Kids will be kids and you cannot tell little boys what to do and expect them to cooperate. I'll bet they don't do that again.
are you freakin kidding me GregW?

you take charge and you tell the boys, if you don't put you shirts on, you sit in the shade for the whole time we're here.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Back when, I and most other kids, routinely incurred serious sunburns as children. My shoulders had thick scabs most summers. Now days, kids with similar burns are airlifted?

When daycare or a camp goes off site, parents are required to sign authorization and waivers.

Too bad these kids did not have cool sunscreen shirts to wear and were not required to wear them. I wonder why the other kids did not incur serious burns. Did their parents apply sun screen before dropping them off? Did parents supply their own sun screen? Did the other kids keep their shirts on?

Failure to supervise.

So many of these day care centers rely on part time minimum wage workers- often high school kids to make a decent profit.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:32 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I cannot believe this day care center, these boys are suffering now, from 2nd and 3rd degree burns....and the woman in charge of the outing said, they ran out of sun screen and the boys didn't want to keep their shirts on, so, she didn't make them do so....this is pathetic....what in the world is wrong with people....are they nuts?

Boys

What do you think should be done?

They should close down the place, and hold her responsible to pay all the bills....

never to work with kids again.....
This is why we need to invest in high quality child care with proper supervision for working families across the land from sea to shining sea. For far too long, our children and our future have been nickled and dimed as parents scramble to find affordable day care. Large tax breaks for ordinary middle class families are needed as people should not be forced to compromise with quality for their child care needs. The children is the future. AFAIK, Bernie Sanders is the only candidate on the campaign trail who has addressed this issue as a huge issue affecting the quality of life of Americans.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
middle-aged mom Too bad these kids did not have cool sunscreen shirts to wear and were not required to wear them. I wonder why the other kids did not incur serious burns. Did their parents apply sun screen before dropping them off? Did parents supply their own sun screen? Did the other kids keep their shirts on?
Mother asked them if she should send along sun screen before the event, she was told, "no, we have it".

Old 07-30-2015, 08:54 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,698 times
I heard about this story on Tuesday when it broke. At first I was quick to blame the Daycare, but I've read some follow up stories where they're starting to call the mother into question, since the boys weren't taken to the hospital until days after the trip. They're starting to think the mother did something to cause the burns after the trip occured.

The pictures were disgusting!!

Old 07-30-2015, 08:56 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,698 times
Oh and if you want to see what really happened to these boys, go to the Daily Mail and find the story on there. They have images of the blisters that formed on the boys' backs. One blister was the size of a softball. ABC doesn't do the story justice.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...99028883,d.cWw

Old 07-30-2015, 08:58 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Some are saying the mother took the boys to a pool for hours after the day trip, which could have worsened the burns.

I too got many sunburns growing up, and my Mom would never blame anyone but herself, but even that is a stretch. But for small children with fair skin it is the parents duty to lotion their skin for sun protection.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
are you freakin kidding me GregW?

you take charge and you tell the boys, if you don't put you shirts on, you sit in the shade for the whole time we're here.
And if the boys tell you to sod off, then what? You grab them and force them to sit? Touch them? That's a lawsuit right there. I agree with Greg W, the little dopes will make sure to wear their shirts from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies