Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:04 PM

624 posts, read 379,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And no, you aren't worried about any child's future, you couldn't care less what happens to that child the moment it is born or the struggles that will force the woman to have to deal with. All you care about is denying a woman the right to choose.
This is a figment of your own imagination.

My current job involves helping the less privileged and giving them a better life. It doesn't pay well, and I may need to get a 2nd job, but I continue to do this because I love it and every life matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 08:04 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,056,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
If I had a child that I intended to kill, and there was no law to stop me, is it just my own private affair in your opinion?

If the law would not stop me from killing my 2 yr old child (as it was in ancient times), does that mean it's okay? Was it fine that they used to do that? Or was it wrong?

I can't get off my moral high horse. I don't even see it as a high horse. They are just morals, plain and simple.

And if Planned Parenthood stops taking tax money, then they can continue their reprehensible behavior because it's perfectly legal.

But as long as their existence is partially due to my money, then I have the right to object to what they are doing.

Is the law the only thing that makes something right or wrong? If there was no law, is everything action moral?
your repetitive questions about killing two year olds are getting old, boring and off topic.

you don't get to have a say in how your tax dollars are spent. you can bit#h about it all day long however.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
your repetitive questions about killing two year olds are getting old, boring and off topic.

you don't get to have a say in how your tax dollars are spent. you can bit#h about it all day long however.
It bothers you because it's an accurate analogy.

While you don't agree about when life starts, you are not being honest if you say that you don't understand why someone who does see the baby as alive would feel the need to intervene.

Well, unless you believe that no matter what age it's okay to kill a child. Then I suppose that would at least be consistent.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,233,833 times
Quote:
This is a figment of your own imagination.

My current job involves helping the less privileged and giving them a better life. It doesn't pay well, and I may need to get a 2nd job, but I continue to do this because I love it and every life matters.
Yes, I am sure you spend every hour raising all those unwanted babies, what you do for your job still does not give you the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. You cannot force women to give birth to children if they have no intention of having that child to begin with.

This is a big world we live in, don't want to have an abortion, then don't have one, but stay out of other women's uterus.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:55 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,056,205 times
Quote:
It bothers you because it's an accurate analogy.

While you don't agree about when life starts, you are not being honest if you say that you don't understand why someone who does see the baby as alive would feel the need to intervene.

Well, unless you believe that no matter what age it's okay to kill a child. Then I suppose that would at least be consistent.
lol it doesn't bother me because it is an "accurate analogy" as it is not. it bothers me that you can't seem to comprehend the difference between someone alive and born and that of a pregnancy while in utero. do you acknowledge the difference?

I have said plenty of time I understand that people consider it alive and feel the need to be pro life. I will never understand why anyone would think it is their business to tell a woman they don't even know how to run their life.

thankfully the laws of this country allow for women to have a choice and we are not subject to someone else's values to run our own life.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am sure you spend every hour raising all those unwanted babies,
So it's better to kill them then?

If someone gave birth to a special needs child, and didn't want him, should they kill him?

Quote:
what you do for your job still does not give you the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.
No. It's the Constitution that gives me the right to say it. And it's my tax dollars funding PP that gives me the responsibility.

Quote:
You cannot force women to give birth to children if they have no intention of having that child to begin with.
Of course I can't force women to do that.
I can't force anyone to do anything. But I sure as hell don't want to aid it.

Quote:
This is a big world we live in, don't want to have an abortion, then don't have one, but stay out of other women's uterus.
You're advocating killing on my dime.

It's not about your uterus. It's about a human life.

Do you believe

your uterus > human life?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:56 PM

50,460 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Yes, I am sure you spend every hour raising all those unwanted babies, what you do for your job still does not give you the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. You cannot force women to give birth to children if they have no intention of having that child to begin with.

Or the Father's pockets that don't want one afterwards?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
So it's better to kill them then?

If someone gave birth to a special needs child, and didn't want him, should they kill him?

No. It's the Constitution that gives me the right to say it. And it's my tax dollars funding PP that gives me the responsibility.

Of course I can't force women to do that.
I can't force anyone to do anything. But I sure as hell don't want to aid it.

You're advocating killing on my dime.

It's not about your uterus. It's about a human life.

Do you believe

your uterus > human life?
Well, we do all die at one point or another for various reasons....did you not know that?

If someone gave birth to a special needs child, then no they shouldn't kill the child if they didn't want it, that decision to end the fetus should have happened very early on in the pregnancy, at the point of birth it is too late to change that choice.

Oh, I am not saying you can't say what you are saying, I am just pointing out what you are saying is wrong and you do not have the right to dictate your morals and beliefs onto others. You know, Constitutional rights and all.

So basically you are saying you don't want any of your money going to the government.....and yes, a woman's uterus is her choice with what is and isn't allowed to grow inside it, not yours or the government's.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lol it doesn't bother me because it is an "accurate analogy" as it is not. it bothers me that you can't seem to comprehend the difference between someone alive and born and that of a pregnancy while in utero. do you acknowledge the difference?
I comprehend it just fine. I just happen to disagree with your definition.

I am making an effort to get you to understand why someone would feel so strongly about protecting the baby.

Quote:
I have said plenty of time I understand that people consider it alive and feel the need to be pro life. I will never understand why anyone would think it is their business to tell a woman they don't even know how to run their life.
That is why I am providing an analogy. I am using an example of a child that you consider "alive".

If you feel that it would be right to intervene to prevent a parent from killing their 1 day old child, then you would understand why pro-lifers feel it's right to try and intervene and plead for someone not to kill their baby.

Sure, it falls on deaf ears in your case because you define life differently. But if you are being intellectually honest you'll fully understand why someone would feel the need to plead for you to spare the baby's life. Just put yourself in the shoes of seeing a parent killing a baby that you consider alive.

Quote:
thankfully the laws of this country allow for women to have a choice and we are not subject to someone else's values to run our own life.
In my view, you're thanking the country for allowing killing. Just like how parents in ancient times were allowed to kill their children.

I expect 100 yrs from now civilization will look back at this time and wonder how such an advanced society could advocate for such barbaric behavior.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or the Father's pockets that don't want one afterwards?
Well in that case, the father should have thought about that before he pulled out his penis and impregnated a woman. They do make condoms for a reason, but if a man can prove he wore a condom at all times and never had any intention to get her pregnant, then I can see a court ruling that his doesn't have to pay afterwards if it is the woman's choice to have the baby.

Once a man ejaculates during sex, they are basically consenting to the idea of the woman potentially getting pregnant. So always wear a condom or two if you don't want your swimmers to impregnate any women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies