Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 08:55 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is being targeted and attacked by FOX and GOP because because he is a huge inconvenience to the party. It is clear he will never be a president, but this kind of treatment is making things worse for both FOX and GOP.
He is a rude, obnoxious, irresponsible, self promoting huckster. Which is why so many on the left like him so much. He is not a credible candidate, and the left enjoys making fun of him.

Let him explain and defend the obnoxious and irresponsible conduct that has characterized him throughout his entire life. Other than for your amusement purposes, why should he not be expected to explain and defend his actions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 09:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Old 08-08-2015, 09:50 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Trump is acting like a child about his questions during the debate and ridiculous regarding Ms. Kelly. How would Trump act if he had a conflict with a world leader who pissed him off? Name call, tweet insults, and throw a toddler fit?

Trump is not presidential material and anyone who thinks he is beyond my comprehension.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:57 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Being politically corrective and insulting are two different things. He could have just owned up to the fact that he sometimes says disrespectful or insulting things people. I'm starting to see he can't self reflect at all.
The thing is though, he did not say anything insulting other than his opinion of her as unprofessional. The remarks he is being booted for are in the mind of the listeners. They are inferring them from an unfinished sentence. Really, he could have come right out and said "that b**ch was on the rag" if that is what he meant. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:59 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
These debates should be tough. These are candidates for President of the United States, not a local PTA. I want to see the candidates under pressure. I want to see them mussed up after a shot or two. Someone will have to deal with Putin and Xi Jinping and the ayatollah of Iran and the mess this administration will leave behind...the last thing we need is another Obama.
Then hopefully Candy Crowley won't be "moderator" again. You know, because she was so "unbiased" last time...

Old 08-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Then hopefully Candy Crowley won't be "moderator" again. You know, because she was so "unbiased" last time...
Mitt Romney was wrong plain and simply, you cant claim someone is biased because they point out that your candidate was flat out wrong.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He is a rude, obnoxious, irresponsible, self promoting huckster. Which is why so many on the left like him so much. He is not a credible candidate, and the left enjoys making fun of him.

Let him explain and defend the obnoxious and irresponsible conduct that has characterized him throughout his entire life. Other than for your amusement purposes, why should he not be expected to explain and defend his actions?
We do like making fun of him, but it is your side that is supporting him, so why are half your comments about the left ???????

Old 08-08-2015, 10:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I was pretty dissatisfied with the debate. Mainly because this wasn't a debate. It was a Q and A. And of course that's all it was, 10 candidates on the stage each getting to talk for a minute and a half, all being asked different questions and most not even being able to touch on every subject, what else would it be?

The Democratic debate has more potential. Considering they have half as many people running as the GOP had for their big debate, there's a chance this will be a proper debate.

Will CNN ask tough questions, which I agree, the moderators for the GOP debate asked tough questions, except for that last one about 'which of you has spoken to God' which is an absurd question to ask, I'm a bit more skeptical of CNN will be tough. They might expect more straightforward answer is we're lucky. The Republicans got away with so many non-answers. And I'll chalk that up to there were 10 of them and they had a minute to speak, but if that crap happens again, I will not be so forgiving. As I will feel with the Democrats if this happens with 5 people. I know Hillary will dodge the questions; I just hope the others don't.
It was a " Meet and Greet".

Despite Trump's post " debate" attack on the mods and Fox News, he got twice the time as Rand Paul.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Why is the media driving this in the first place?

All this does is call attention to the fact that the media has nothing to do with reporting the news.

Every news outlet has turned into an editorial dog and pony show.
Ever since cable news proved opinionated news entertainment was wildly profitable.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So Fox News asked the Republican field hard questions and demonstrated that they do not pull punches on the conservative side. This will have been unexpected by many on the left that in truth are not personally familiar with Fox or the way that they approach the news and the issues. It certainly is not what they were led to expect from the left leaning media.

From the New York Times:
Fox set the standard during this debate for how moderators should approach candidates that they are frequently charged with aligning themselves with.

So will the left leaning venues like CNN and MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC challenge the Democratic candidates with the same level of aggressiveness? Will they "bring a sharpened edge to the [Democratic] debate stage"? Or will the Democratic debates be T-ball debates:

when compared to Fox News fast pitch version, which earned Fox News record cable ratings for any non-sports event, and now apparently accolades for their performance from the New York Times (see the article above)?

If these leftist venues do not lay into the Democratic candidates with the same vigor and professional intent that the Fox News moderators did, then we will have all seen once and for all who the partisan shills really are.
I would like for the OP to explain to me what exactly made these sharp or hard questions ?????

The hard questions I saw all fell on ideological lines, " why did you agree with a Democratic policy/support gay marriage/accept the Healthcare expansion" and so on.

Give us an example of what question you saw as hard or sharp. That is all I am asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies