Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:53 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,691,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I don't like this deal either and I voted for Obama both elections. I don't trust Iran and they are still talking aggressively against us. There should have been a trial period, where we have full access and if that actually happens, then after 90 days or whatever the sanctions will lift. However, all this is doing is putting 100% faith in Iran, which I don't trust for a second as of now.

This. The argument coming from the admin is laughable. "A bad deal is totally better than no deal."

Obama needs to get over this obsession with legacy building, the deal is not a good one, appearing to reward Iran when they are behaving as poorly as ever is not a good look. When Iran is prepared to act with civility and makes some real, honest concessions, that will be the time to revisit this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 04:09 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The sanctions dont fully stop until 8 years into the deal, obviously if we find them cheating, that ends, but that is still 8 years from now.

And even if the sanctions did stop immediately today, they wouldnt spend it on the military, they would spend it on the people. Iran isnt North Korea, they actually do have elections and no elected leader is stupid enough to build up its military while its people starve.

Further more, I have seen no one argue that having the deal speeds up the timeline.

So again, i dont understand your argument of being against the deal.
How are "we" going to find them cheating when "we" aren't even a part of the inspection process?

Not to mention that those who are inspecting are making side deals with Iran where "we" are not allowed to know the details.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:20 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
I hope everyone remembers that Chuck Schumer is the Democrat's Senate leader in waiting, as he will lead the Democrats in the Senate, probably for a long time, once Harry Reid finally leaves in 17 months. As a result, he will have an inordinate amount of pull. In fact, there is probably not a more influential Democrat than Chuck Schumer on this issue.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 08-07-2015 at 04:44 AM..

Old 08-07-2015, 04:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
oh well. so convenient. I wonder how difficult his this decision was for him.
Once he knew the deal would go forward, he made his political choice to pander to his Constituents. Hey, above all, he like most all of them, are politicians first. The Rs don't hold a monopoly on that.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:35 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,628,670 times
Are you saying Schumer is a person we should listen to on all issues or only on the ones that you agree with?

How come I did not see any threads from the right supporting Schumer's stand on gun control?

Old 08-07-2015, 05:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Are you saying Schumer is a person we should listen to on all issues or only on the ones that you agree with?

How come I did not see any threads from the right supporting Schumer's stand on gun control?
What's wrong with supporting someone when you agree with them but not when you don't? You sound like Fox News moderators when they tried to promote the idea that you have to support the party, not the person.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:45 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Obama is a wimp.. Kerry is even worse if he can be worse than Obama.. They allowed Iran to develop long range missiles that can reach us.. say what!!

Gave them money to pursue nuclear weapons, did not shut down the centrifuges. So what did we get.. 24 days to send in inspectors.. we gave them permission to destroy us. Thank stupid Obama and Kerry.. Obviously they sold out our safety for what.. we got nothing!

I believe when Obama lit up the White house in gay colors, God's blessing on this nation has been compromised.. Obama now has allowed Iran to destroy us and attack Israel. Obama is evil and his ego and deception to the American people has put a curse on this nation. God help us!

Old 08-07-2015, 05:48 AM

57,358 posts, read 26,263,652 times
This had everything to do with Schumers Jewish backers who placed him in office, he would have had a difficult time going against this. His early claims that he wanted to do what's best for the country is laughable, he wants to do what's best to get reelected. Assuming the deal is struck down in congress and they become veto proof what's his plan, have the US out their on their own isolated from th eother 5 countries.

It will more than likely be vetoed and not overridden so this is an opportunity for him to pander to his electorate with no ill consequences.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:51 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
This. The argument coming from the admin is laughable. "A bad deal is totally better than no deal."

Obama needs to get over this obsession with legacy building, the deal is not a good one, appearing to reward Iran when they are behaving as poorly as ever is not a good look. When Iran is prepared to act with civility and makes some real, honest concessions, that will be the time to revisit this.
Obama's legacy will be nuclear war for bringing this deal to Iran. Obama is evil!!!!!!!!! His ego blinds him as he creates evil.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:05 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,533,174 times
Increased sanctions will not work. We either cut a deal or go to war. Yeah, it's obvious Iran will continue to sponsor terrorism and act in aggression toward the U.S. Our choice is, close monitoring or war. Iraq did not turn out well. Does anyone think war with Iran will end any better? Its a no win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies