Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you handle your issues
I complain - that's all. 1 11.11%
I complain and am not open to facts. 1 11.11%
I complain but facts can change my mind. 3 33.33%
I complain - and do more than post to a website. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 12:05 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

What are the two top issues that concern you?
Do you do anything about either - other than complain on websites such as this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 12:08 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
1) Too Big to Fail / Bankster bailouts

2) American Imperialism

I vote LP.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:09 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Non-income taxes - I believe there shouldn't be a tax on capital gains, gifts, death etc. People take huge risks when investing in properties, stocks etc, so they shouldn't be taxed if they happen to make money on them. Taxes on gifts and death are even more ridiculous because that money has already been taxed.

Government Corruption - Right now we have politicians in the pockets of unions, lobbyists, corporations etc. We have politicians who are afraid to stand up to someone in their own party. There is no accountability. We need someone in the White House who will expose anyone trying to play politics.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:11 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Non-income taxes - I believe there shouldn't be a tax on capital gains, gifts, death etc. People take huge risks when investing in properties, stocks etc, so they shouldn't be taxed if they happen to make money on them. Taxes on gifts and death are even more ridiculous because that money has already been taxed.

Government Corruption - Right now we have politicians in the pockets of unions, lobbyists, corporations etc. We have politicians who are afraid to stand up to someone in their own party. There is no accountability. We need someone in the White House who will expose anyone trying to play politics.
excellent.

well stated.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:14 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
My main issue is non political threads like this that will have no traction until someone takes "I complain and am not open to facts" and attributes it as a character flaw to all left wingers or all right wingers.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:17 PM

209 posts, read 134,593 times
1. American transition away from the Constitution towards American Totalitarianism.
2.Immigration's negative impact on economics and culture.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
People thinking John Stewart provides news.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
My biggest two issues are .....

1. Government Corruption and ignoring the Laws on the books.
These 2 items can (and will) destroy a Government and Political System.

2. Foreign Policy - we are too connected to not pay attention.

What I do .......

1. I read a lot - everyday from all over the world (only real way to follow Foreign Policy)
2. I always VOTE in every election and I've done so for over 40 years. I never miss, even primaries and run-offs
3. I write my CongressCritters regularly - all of them. I follow their votes, I follow news articles about them, I watch what they do -- they work for me, whether I voted for them or not. They OWE me.
4. I attend local information meetings, I've made appointments to talk to they school Superintendent in the past and visited City Hall meetings. I pay close attention to my local Politics which are Non-Partisan in my State for the most part. It ALL begins with local, moves to State and then to Federal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies