Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:46 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
lol @ libs suddenly being concerned about money that isn't theirs.

edit: my guesstimate is 1.2M

My own kid was in the nicu for two months and it ran 120k.
I'd laugh at the feigned concern of conservatives for life when it so obviously ends beyond the fetal stage if it wasn't so damn hypocritical.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Is there a point of no return in your opinion? Is there a point in pregnancy where you say, "You had your chance to abort. But it's too late now. That it's a human life and you no longer have the right to end it."
Yes. I think viability is the point of no return. And as Trevor Folek makes clear, medical advances are pushing viability to an earlier and earlier point. And at 23 weeks, chances are that Trevor was very much a wanted baby. If a pregnancy advances to the later stages, it's virtually guaranteed that the baby was wanted, and only a sudden and tragic turn of events makes abortion a consideration. It's not my place to interrogate a woman as to what the turn of events make her consider an abortion late in her pregnancy. Just as it's not my place to interrogate a woman as to what circumstances make her consider an abortion early in her pregnancy. I think women are entitled to their privacy. And I believe women are responsible and intelligent enough to make the decisions that are best for them.

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, you don't agree with the Democrat's position, that it isn't alive till it leaves the hospital?
I'm not a Democrat and don't care what their positions are. One need only take a bio 101 course to understand that a fetus is alive. Doesn't mean I care beyond that though.

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Blob of tissue.

My body. My choice.

Womens rights.
at 8 weeks that "blob of tissue) recoils from pain. sucks its thumb and some scientists suggest they have dreams.

since its your body try driving down a major highway at 90 MPH nekked and tell the cop that.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A YEAR in a neonatal intensive care unit. How much did that cost?
How much is a human life worth?

Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
What is a human life worth?
Depends on the person. Some aren't even worth a nickel.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
at 8 weeks that "blob of tissue) recoils from pain. sucks its thumb and some scientists suggest they have dreams.

since its your body try driving down a major highway at 90 MPH nekked and tell the cop that.
It does not recoil from pain at 8 weeks. You can quit using pseudo science at this point.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:50 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
A YEAR in a neonatal intensive care unit. How much did that cost?
I imagine that, at the least, the infant was found disabled and so eligible for SSI benefits.

Premature and low birth weight babies may qualify for Social Security disability benefits - Colorado Springs Social Security Disability Lawyer Tomasz Stasiuk

Old 08-13-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Yes. I think viability is the point of no return. And as Trevor Folek makes clear, medical advances are pushing viability to an earlier and earlier point. And at 23 weeks, chances are that Trevor was very much a wanted baby. If a pregnancy advances to the later stages, it's virtually guaranteed that the baby was wanted, and only a sudden and tragic turn of events makes abortion a consideration. It's not my place to interrogate a woman as to what the turn of events make her consider an abortion late in her pregnancy. Just as it's not my place to interrogate a woman as to what circumstances make her consider an abortion early in her pregnancy. I think women are entitled to their privacy. And I believe women are responsible and intelligent enough to make the decisions that are best for them.
the above is an odd argument

first part you suggest there is a point at which abortion should not happen (point of no return = viability)

second part no one should be stopping abortions after that "point of no return"

thank you. I have whiplash.

I think you are using that first part to cure your conscience while at the same time being utterly supportive of abortion up to delivery.

stop soft peddling it. you are good with all abortion at all time for every reason.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
It does not recoil from pain at 8 weeks. You can quit using pseudo science at this point.
yea it does. I am sorry that hurts your feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies