Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:05 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times

Advertisements

Was stored cyanide to blame for Tianjin warehouse explosion in China? | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
A chemical called toluene diisocyanate which can penetrate the skin and cause poisoning was also being stored at the plant, according to a Chinese doctor who warned people to wear gas masks and cover their bodies.
A lack of answers about vast explosions in the Chinese port of Tianjin Thursday reinforced questions about standards in the country, where campaigners say lives are sacrificed on a lack of respect for safety and poor implementation.
Whatever the case maybe I hope the residents are evacuated in the immediate areas. Apparently hundreds of families have left voluntarily- good for them for not waiting for the Chinese version of FEMA to assist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:10 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Cyanide?

Daily Mail

there's your answer

Old 08-14-2015, 08:14 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Cyanide based chemicals are used in plenty of products. You probably have some in your own home now.

Paints and adhesives, are a good place to start looking. "Super glue"=cyanoacrylic

Given the huge amount of product sold here, that is manufactured in China, the fact they have massive stock piles of nearly everything imaginable, wouldn't surprise me.

CN.......

Old 08-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Cyanide?

Daily Mail

there's your answer
how is that an answer to the question of whether cyanide was involved with the explosion?

It was not the only source with this suggestion.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:28 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
They will have a show trial with the usual suspects of capitalist corruption lock them up for life or execute them then back to business as usual...

Old 08-14-2015, 08:33 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
We have our own cyanide spill in the USA, the EPA's incompetence in a Colorado mine has poisoned a river/s and will cause decades worth of problems. Not to worry though, the EPA is going house to house getting the Navajo Indians to sign away their rights to future claims. You know, to save the taxpayers a few bucks.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
They will have a show trial with the usual suspects of capitalist corruption lock them up for life or execute them then back to business as usual...
I am sure a large sum of money will be changing hands as well. Just a little explosion tax lets call it..

Old 08-14-2015, 08:45 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I'm waiting for Xi Jinping to blame Uyghur nationalists for terrorist acts under the influence of his political rivals so he can crank up his anti-corruption campaign and start North Korea style executions in Beijing while crushing the Uyghurs.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We have our own cyanide spill in the USA, the EPA's incompetence in a Colorado mine has poisoned a river/s and will cause decades worth of problems. Not to worry though, the EPA is going house to house getting the Navajo Indians to sign away their rights to future claims. You know, to save the taxpayers a few bucks.

Even had some idiot drinking that stuff after he put a purification pill in the bottle and said it was safe to drink!
Nothing to see here folks lets move on...right!
I remember the big stink the EPA had with that Freedom chemical spill in West Virginia recently not to drink the water in Charleston. Bottle water was distributed that cost millions of dollars but I guess American Indians are not worthy of federal relief or aid?
F*#k the EPA and Obama and the stolen horse they rode in on!

Old 08-14-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm waiting for Xi Jinping to blame Uyghur nationalists for terrorist acts under the influence of his political rivals so he can crank up his anti-corruption campaign and start North Korea style executions in Beijing while crushing the Uyghurs.
Nothing like a good crisis to advance your political aims or goals comrade you are correct and I concur!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies