Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 07:34 PM

358 posts, read 283,133 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else noticed in recent years the increase of Islamic population in many parts of the country?! It seems like you walk out on the streets and at shopping places more and more women wearing hijabs/veils something that wasn't as common and seen before. I'm afraid we are turning like Europe soon.

Many liberals in this country are pro-multiculturalism and think it's a great idea until someone in their own family gets their head chopped off or has to jump out of the 100th story of a burning skyscraper

Old 08-23-2015, 07:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Has anyone else noticed in recent years the increase of Islamic population in many parts of the country?! It seems like you walk out on the streets and at shopping places more and more women wearing hijabs/veils something that wasn't as common and seen before. I'm afraid we are turning like Europe soon.

I have a few friends who are Muslims. They're nothing like those you see on TV.

[another reason not to watch TV]

Old 08-23-2015, 08:11 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I have a few friends who are Muslims. They're nothing like those you see on TV.

[another reason not to watch TV]
Even the Non-Muslims living in Pakistan, Iran, Egypt, Saudi, etc. have great Muslim friends, but that does not translate to them having equal rights under the law.

e.g. A Pakistani Non-Muslim citizen is 'banned' under the law from holding positions of power in Government like Prime Minister, Speaker of Parliament, etc. Where are the moderate Muslims in Pakistan to end this apartheid?

In Iran and Saudi Arabia, the death compensation for a Non-Muslim is less than that of a Muslim. Where are the moderate Muslims in those nations again?

Having a handful of Muslim friends is not a precursor to what happens when Muslim percentages increase.

Muslim behaviors are directly proportional to the population percentage:
As Muslim population grows, what can happen to a society? - National Homeland Security | Examiner.com

Old 08-23-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Even the Non-Muslims living in Pakistan, Iran, Egypt, Saudi, etc. have great Muslim friends, but that does not translate to them having equal rights under the law.

e.g. A Pakistani Non-Muslim citizen is 'banned' under the law from holding positions of power in Government like Prime Minister, Speaker of Parliament, etc. Where are the moderate Muslims in Pakistan to end this apartheid?

In Iran and Saudi Arabia, the death compensation for a Non-Muslim is less than that of a Muslim. Where are the moderate Muslims in those nations again?

Having a handful of Muslim friends is not a precursor to what happens when Muslim percentages increase.

Muslim behaviors are directly proportional to the population percentage:
As Muslim population grows, what can happen to a society? - National Homeland Security | Examiner.com
Well, get back to me when that happens.

[shrug]

Old 08-23-2015, 08:35 PM

These are moderate Muslims in Norway, we are not talking about the moderate Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan, Iran, etc. but in good ole Scandinavia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOx6nfzrxFc

Old 08-23-2015, 08:37 PM

I'll show them this video while we're having beers.

[and before you say, yes, they're real Muslims]

Old 08-23-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'll show them this video while we're having beers.

[and before you say, yes, they're real Muslims]
Not every single person from any group is alike, including Muslims. I am from Pakistan myself, I know this. There is even a prostitution market in Pakistan where majority of prostitutes are Muslims, and there are Muslims in Pakistan who drink as well, I know this.

Only a tiny minority of Muslims 'commit' terror in the name of Islam, but vast number of Muslims 'support' terror in the name of Islam.

Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth

Old 08-23-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Not every single person from any group is alike, including Muslims. I am from Pakistan myself, I know this. There is even a prostitution market in Pakistan where majority of prostitutes are Muslims, and there are Muslims in Pakistan who drink as well, I know this.

Only a tiny minority of Muslims 'commit' terror in the name of Islam, but vast number of Muslims 'support' terror in the name of Islam.

Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth
Are you suggesting we should be worried about you?

[]

Old 08-23-2015, 08:52 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
I don't blame them. Many of those countries are unstable or have false economies based on natural resources (think Texas).

We have to do a better job at making sure that only the best educated and/or wealthy come in. Those have the most to contribute.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't blame them. Many of those countries are unstable or have false economies based on natural resources (think Texas).

We have to do a better job at making sure that only the best educated and/or wealthy come in. Those have the most to contribute.
That's my observation. As for the poorly educated/skilled or poor in general, I agree that the US can't take on all of the problems of the rest of the world.

[not when we have problems, too]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies