Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:56 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981
The baby boomers have a right to be scared, and so do millennials like me.
I'm a millennial and I'm waiting for this crash I keep hearing about to materialize. I'm looking to buy, and buy big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Don't know how other cd posters invest, For me, the stock market has been the best long term investment over the past 100 years. If you had $1 million invested in stocks in 1935, it is worth $2.4 billions today if you held on.

when average folks open an IRA or participate in your 401K plan, there will be a jolly salesman telling you to park your money in mutual fund. You are really buying into the fund manager in hopes that his or her stock picking abilities will be better than yours.

An incredible 96% of actively managed mutual funds fail to beat the market over any sustained period of time.
Index funds are your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy
Weird how gold has fallen by 10% EVERY YEAR (rough average) for the last 3 years and the conspiracy nuts haven't uttered a peep lol.
Gold was a textbook inflationary bubble (as in people bought it solely because it kept increasing in value). Unless you bought it circa early 2000's and sold at peak you lost out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies