Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Of course this is Obama's fault. That much is certain. I just don't why yet. I'm sure I'll get the specifics as soon as I listen to Fox.
"Stocks plummet, nutjobs shift focus to conservatives, cry like little baby"... There, fixed it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 08:32 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Seems there's some premature butthurt here over the possibility the O-messiah may get more criticism over his administration's poor economic policy. Maybe North Korea style politics of no criticism of dear leader may be more to your liking?

There's also some very selective memory... W got blamed for everything not too long ago. Still is, in fact.
There's no butt hurt here. I love the free press. Conservatives are free to makes asses out of themselves whenever the mood strikes, which is often.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most TARP has been repaid.

The FDIC and ERISA would have been exhausted and it would have resulted in emergency actions, no matter what.
Glad you recognize the REAL reason for the bailouts and QEs: the $24 Trillion invested in American workers' and retirees' pensions and/or retirement accounts.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Blame? Hah I sent him a check this morning.

Thanks Obammers for another great buying opportunity.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:35 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Sometimes when a fund becomes too popular, its asset base -- the dollars invested in the fund -- gets bloated. That means the manager can't move in and out of a stock too quickly without moving the market.

I don't over-invest in any one sector such as technology or in any one investment style such as growth stocks or value stocks. Diversity is good when it comes to investment.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I readjusted all investments back in May. Barely a blip on my screen. Another huge buy opportunity.

Probably won't be as good as March2009 or as a sell when silver hit 48. Be interesting to see what the precious metal markets do in the next few months.
Gold sucks right now.

Maybe liquidating to meet margin calls?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Here we go. This took a little longer than I thought. The pundits aren't on their game today. This took almost 50 minutes from the time of my original post.

China, the Fed and Obama: U.S. presidential candidates lay blame for stocks rout

Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Presidents do not control global or US markets.

That has not however prevented partisans from historically blaming presidents.
They certainly have control of our economy and Obama keeps making us vulnerable to fluctuations in the global market by putting us deep into debt and beholding to the Chinese.

You didn't have a clue when Obama lost 500 million dollars in what he called an investment in Solyndra??????? and still felt it was a good investment in hindsight!!????

Obama has depressed our economy as if he recklessly compromised our immune system to make us more economically vulnerable to fluctuations in the global market.

Obama's bypassing the people's representatives with 10s of thousands of EPA regulations put a nail in the coffin our economic growth.

Obama has pushed solar energy far beyond its capabilities. He set us asail on the sea in a paper boat that was not yet finished.

Yes indeed, obama is to blame for our suffering in the aftermath of a global issue over which he had limited impact.

OP tries to create a statement which exonorates obama by saying he had no control over the global market deflects from the devestating impact Obama has had on our country's economy in the event of a global meltdown.

Numbers and math are not Obama's forte.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:39 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Of course this is Obama's fault. That much is certain. I just don't why yet. I'm sure I'll get the specifics as soon as I listen to Fox.
It's no more Obummer's fault than the collapse of 2008 was Booosh's fault.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Most TARP has been repaid.
No it hasn't, and what has been paid is with funds created by the Fed and gave to the banks to repay what they owe. It was simply taking money out of one pocket and putting it in another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies