Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Sick Of Racism Too?!
Yes! Always! 22 42.31%
No! Never! 13 25.00%
Some Times! 12 23.08%
I Am Confused! 6 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:47 AM

756 posts, read 835,843 times

Advertisements

I hate racism. Racism will not go away. I want racism to go away. People have to understand that the other people exist, and they just have to deal with it. This is especially true with White people (and hispanic people) racist against black people.

I have dealt with racists in the real world and only discover that racism is all over the place, at least on The Internet. Any video or news story involving Black people and it is automatically be cause they are Black. If Black people are there, the comments are always focused on the people being black, and about THEM "running with monkeys" etc. and really nothing or not much focused on the actual incident!

I know that it seems to be a favorite thing to do among black people to rob convenience stores, and that I dare not walk or drive down "their" street that they "own" and that hip hop or rap is horrible and brainwashing (but since when ISN'T music horrible and brainwashing?!) and I know that it seems that some Black people are lazy ON PURPOSE and they know that they can't get fired, and I know that the activists are very annoying, but

I really don't think Black people are that bad and I don't think they are nearly as dangerous as people who aren't Black think.

Many people do not understand why Black people have unique names or they just don't like how Black people act. ... but I say let them have their own culture. It is wrong for people to say other people's culture is wrong.

Many people are concerned that if a White person for example are killed especially unjustly killed, they do not like how there isn't any media attention.

That's true but there something else I not iced:

It seems that ANYTHING that Blacks do gets media attention. Whether they are unjustly killed, or whether they commit the crimes, or if a crime occurred and the most violent people at the scene happened to be Black. Meanwhile, White people, what every they do, doesn't seem to get any media attention. This includes the people, who I have found to be White tend to act like they own every thing and make unreasonable demands and frivolous lawsuits and even much worse ...... There are some times spoiled suburban White kids get drunk and drive drunk and kill people and yet they are NEVER in trouble. Or perhaps if they aren't drunk, they are text messaging.

I know I am inadvertently stereotyping against White people but if it isn't true at all, why am I only not icing the White people doing these things? I refuse to believe that White people are incapable of committing crimes. It's hard to tell be cause there isn't any media attention towards White People. It is always focused on Black People whether Black People are the subject of being a victim, or whether Black People are the subject of criminal activity.

I don't think that every White person is racist. Perhaps it seems that way because there are much more White people and that increases the possibility of White People Being Racist.

Let's Face It. The Black People have had the odds stacked against them. I have discovered that American Indian Tribes, Hispanics, have more opportunities compared to Black People. This does not make it impossible for Black People to succeed, but it is still unfair. And what every The President is doing, he is doing it wrong. There seems to be government programs for American Indian Tribes, and Hispanics, but not thing for Blacks. The President Etc. seems to only be doing weird useless and ineffective methods that do more harm than good.

In an ideal society LOL I want to ignore all the people's races. I want every body else to ignore the ethnic backgrounds. We are all PEOPLE and we have to SHARE the same planet. Ethnic should not matter. Hat red based on race is a not her excuse for hat red. There is plenty of hat red all ready. All I see in a Black person is a very tanned person. I let people's actions speak for them selves. Perhaps I am the only one. It seems that The Real World is as Gossiping and Back Stabbing as High School.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Seems to me that you start off pretty racist yourself.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:04 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,310,115 times
I want people to learn how to write.

I also want to know what's wrong with red hats?

After reading your post, all I can say is, your avatar is appropriate.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:12 AM

32,835 posts, read 19,521,031 times
1. there is only one race....the human race

2. there will ALWAYS be differences within the human race

3. people are ''classified'' by many things...such as likes, dislikes, political standing, height , weight, skin tone,gender, creed(religion), original locations (ie you could be a redneck), hobbies, attitude, etc

Quote:
Many people do not understand why Black people have unique names or they just don't like how Black people act
the real question should be 'why not conform, to what is considered normal within society'

why should '''black''' people act differently...are we not all humans??

Old 08-25-2015, 09:14 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,444,253 times
13% of the population. 13, that's it.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,660,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
13% of the population. 13, that's it.
And about 50% of crime.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:19 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,385,651 times
I would say sometimes/Yes always. I do not like racism one bit or anything that does not hides the idea in play. Racism only increased due to 2001. That is it. We get rid of 99% of the stupid laws created we end it now.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,975,369 times
OP,

Look at where we are in life. Look at all the advancements. Everything has a purpose.

People are where they are for a reason. Whether it be because of institutionalization, it's there.

Change will come from change itself. Meaning, the black community needs to overcome it's oppression. It's not easy but it's generation upon generation of bad child rearing and lack of community building.

Blacks had it all before.

And stop giving a pass and cut it off at the knee. Don't say "I know this and that is bad but"... No but. Leave it at bad and make good things happen. If Rap today is bad then don't keep it as bad but expect good to come. Clean up shop and take care of business.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:35 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,995,715 times
IMO, racism, bigotry, and prejudice are all basic human rights.
The only qualifier is that such beliefs may not cause physical damage to anyone.
However, not being offended is NOT a basic right.
NO ONE has the right to say that the beliefs of another are offensive. Remember, YOUR belief system is no doubt offensive to SOMEBODY in the world! They should just shut up about it, just as you should.
I am not fond of racism, either. I try to avoid it. YOU, however, have the absolute right to be as racist as you desire, no matter what color your skin is. I have the absolute right to avoid any interaction with you as much as reasonably possible.
If you find that offensive, tough. I don't care. Deal with it.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,780,941 times
Racism, the word, is overused, abused and "bloated with crybabies" who shout it, at every perceived "offense."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies