Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Sick Of Racism Too?!
Yes! Always! 22 42.31%
No! Never! 13 25.00%
Some Times! 12 23.08%
I Am Confused! 6 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,310,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
I hate racism. Racism will not go away. I want racism to go away. People have to understand that the other people exist, and they just have to deal with it. This is especially true with White people (and hispanic people) racist against black people.

I have dealt with racists in the real world and only discover that racism is all over the place, at least on The Internet. Any video or news story involving Black people and it is automatically be cause they are Black. If Black people are there, the comments are always focused on the people being black, and about THEM "running with monkeys" etc. and really nothing or not much focused on the actual incident!

I know that it seems to be a favorite thing to do among black people to rob convenience stores, and that I dare not walk or drive down "their" street that they "own" and that hip hop or rap is horrible and brainwashing (but since when ISN'T music horrible and brainwashing?!) and I know that it seems that some Black people are lazy ON PURPOSE and they know that they can't get fired, and I know that the activists are very annoying, but

I really don't think Black people are that bad and I don't think they are nearly as dangerous as people who aren't Black think.

Many people do not understand why Black people have unique names or they just don't like how Black people act. ... but I say let them have their own culture. It is wrong for people to say other people's culture is wrong.

Many people are concerned that if a White person for example are killed especially unjustly killed, they do not like how there isn't any media attention.

That's true but there something else I not iced:

It seems that ANYTHING that Blacks do gets media attention. Whether they are unjustly killed, or whether they commit the crimes, or if a crime occurred and the most violent people at the scene happened to be Black. Meanwhile, White people, what every they do, doesn't seem to get any media attention. This includes the people, who I have found to be White tend to act like they own every thing and make unreasonable demands and frivolous lawsuits and even much worse ...... There are some times spoiled suburban White kids get drunk and drive drunk and kill people and yet they are NEVER in trouble. Or perhaps if they aren't drunk, they are text messaging.

I know I am inadvertently stereotyping against White people but if it isn't true at all, why am I only not icing the White people doing these things? I refuse to believe that White people are incapable of committing crimes. It's hard to tell be cause there isn't any media attention towards White People. It is always focused on Black People whether Black People are the subject of being a victim, or whether Black People are the subject of criminal activity.

I don't think that every White person is racist. Perhaps it seems that way because there are much more White people and that increases the possibility of White People Being Racist.

Let's Face It. The Black People have had the odds stacked against them. I have discovered that American Indian Tribes, Hispanics, have more opportunities compared to Black People. This does not make it impossible for Black People to succeed, but it is still unfair. And what every The President is doing, he is doing it wrong. There seems to be government programs for American Indian Tribes, and Hispanics, but not thing for Blacks. The President Etc. seems to only be doing weird useless and ineffective methods that do more harm than good.

In an ideal society LOL I want to ignore all the people's races. I want every body else to ignore the ethnic backgrounds. We are all PEOPLE and we have to SHARE the same planet. Ethnic should not matter. Hat red based on race is a not her excuse for hat red. There is plenty of hat red all ready. All I see in a Black person is a very tanned person. I let people's actions speak for them selves. Perhaps I am the only one. It seems that The Real World is as Gossiping and Back Stabbing as High School.

In America nothing is stacked against you anymore. In fact given the disproportionate amounts of political power black people have I would say that it's more in their favor that anything. You cannot remove certain realities though. The community is a small fraction of population yet commits the highest amount of crimes. This is why the media is more likely to focus on them. I've seen very few cases of racism in this Country, but a lot of race baiting and trying to spin things into racism. Nobody gives you **** in this world; you have to take it. And if you spend all your time bemoaning on what you weren't given than the world is simply going to pass you by.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:50 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,731,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
In America nothing is stacked against you anymore. In fact given the disproportionate amounts of political power black people have I would say that it's more in their favor that anything. You cannot remove certain realities though. The community is a small fraction of population yet commits the highest amount of crimes. This is why the media is more likely to focus on them. I've seen very few cases of racism in this Country, but a lot of race baiting and trying to spin things into racism. Nobody gives you **** in this world; you have to take it. And if you spend all your time bemoaning on what you weren't given than the world is simply going to pass you by.

For those who need an interpreter.....disproportionate political power means a black president. After 2016...we will go back to being under proportioned as usual. 100% of the president is black (or 50%) while only 13% of the population is black. Thus, in the mind of a racist, that is disproportionate political power.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,536,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You are not understanding the question either because you do not want to....or you just cannot understand ideals. The point of the whole juxtaposition is that if a small percentage of a population can make a big difference in the ability of people to feel safe, because of the crimes they commit, then it only takes a small percentage of whites being racist to have the same impact on blacks socioeconomically. Whites argue as if it requires full participation of the white population, being racist, before racism can have any legitimacy as a problem for the black community. Yet, a small percentage of people committing crimes can and do make whites feel extremely unsafe and their quality of life reduced.
=/=

there is a big difference between a small percent COMMITTING CRIMES to make a place unsafe...and a small or large percent having FEELINGS of racism

just because someone might show an appearance of racism or biasedness, doesnt mean they are actually making the place unsafe (ie robberies, rapes, killings)

I have lived in many, many places...when I lived in NC as a italian roman cathloic, i was the minority...not only my ethnic background, but also religion, and my salary level..... being a white , catholic guy making a good salary, in a majority black, baptist, poor neighborhood.. my garage was broke into like 5 times, and the cops cant do a thing...shootings daily... it was unsafe......

Old 08-25-2015, 01:56 PM

39,321 posts, read 27,709,507 times
I hate to say it, but racism in the US is here to stay. While noble, the dreams of a post-racial, egalitarian society where blacks and whites live in harmony are a fantasy.

I've lived in many places in the world to know that Racism is not necessarily a "white" thing. I've seen people discriminate against their own people for whatever the reasons.

When you examine history, look at how they treated Irish folks, Italians, German people in war time? They made up terms to down play other people's losses, pain, suffering..

Racism is certainly evil, but i think people need to be more realistic about it. Just Surround Yourself with Positive People who love you. I never feel I need to be particularly "loyal" to a certain racial groups. But I am very loyal to my people (friends, families, level headed people who are fair and balanced) They are white, black, asians, mixed, hispanic, etc, etc.

Just ignore the haters. Accept the fact that racism is here to stay, but you can always ignore it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-25-2015 at 02:07 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 02:29 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,571,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

For those who need an interpreter.....disproportionate political power means a black president. After 2016...we will go back to being under proportioned as usual. 100% of the president is black (or 50%) while only 13% of the population is black. Thus, in the mind of a racist, that is disproportionate political power.
Or in the mind of a racist such as yourself.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:54 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,590,299 times
OP is wacist

Old 08-25-2015, 04:05 PM

22,679 posts, read 24,673,472 times
Human nature............people naturally group and identify in various ways.

The strongest ways that people group and identify is race and gender.

Humans natural ego makes them want to think of the group they identify with as being the best. Why do you think a Black guy roots for the Black athlete......or almost only Women cheer when a Woman cuts-off a Man's @@@@???????

A segregated society is natural......people trust others that are of the same race as them. Don't believe me........housing patterns for over the last 100 years shows that races groups together in housing. This will not change, even with the corrupt Fedgov trying its best to force people who dislike and distrust each other to live together.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,177,215 times
I don't care about accusations of racism. It all smacks of a maladjusted mentality similar to a small child trying to get his older brother in trouble because he's jealous that his brother is bigger than him.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
13% of the population. 13, that's it.
And, without us, the US would have no soul.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:11 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,012,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I hate to say it, but racism in the US is here to stay. While noble, the dreams of a post-racial, egalitarian society where blacks and whites live in harmony are a fantasy.

I've lived in many places in the world to know that Racism is not necessarily a "white" thing. I've seen people discriminate against their own people for whatever the reasons.

When you examine history, look at how they treated Irish folks, Italians, German people in war time? They made up terms to down play other people's losses, pain, suffering..

Racism is certainly evil, but i think people need to be more realistic about it. Just Surround Yourself with Positive People who love you. I never feel I need to be particularly "loyal" to a certain racial groups. But I am very loyal to my people (friends, families, level headed people who are fair and balanced) They are white, black, asians, mixed, hispanic, etc, etc.

Just ignore the haters. Accept the fact that racism is here to stay, but you can always ignore it.

That about sums it up! Screw the haters, worry about yourself, and surround yourself with those who aren't a-holes, and hung up on something as irrelevant as skin color. Let's face it, no amount government legislation or attempts at social engineering is going to make people "play nice" with each other! In fact, from what I see and with using the media as their engine to keep us divided, while they and their elitist friends pillage this country, it has the opposite affect. Divide and conquer, and it's working! Meanwhile, the sheep keep lapping it up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies