Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:31 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,439,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I know many posters on this forum have been excited about these new automated kiosks. Here's an article that discusses them further.

Drive-thru Customers Can't Use McDonald's New Self-service Kiosk

Excited about people losing jobs. That's really sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 12:37 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,439,664 times
Why is it that the very same people who whine about illegal immigrants taking away jobs are absolutely giddy about robots taking away jobs?

Old 08-27-2015, 12:43 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,008,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Why is it that the very same people who whine about illegal immigrants taking away jobs are absolutely giddy about robots taking away jobs?
Oh that's easy. Because for them, it's not about protecting American workers, it's keeping "ethnic undesirables" aka brown people, out of the country more than just about protecting the American workforce.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:31 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,537 times
Do they have to pay the kiosks $15 an hour? They may even get my order right...

Old 08-27-2015, 01:45 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,756,628 times
Quote:
Why is it there are people who constantly whine about how bad the illegal aliens are treated in the USA?

Your question is mired in logical fallacy.

Automation has been changing the workplace since the industrial revolution. It's has also created many other types of jobs as technology progresses. What do you think "Fast Food" is?

Old 08-27-2015, 04:26 AM

26,664 posts, read 15,220,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im in awe at how many folks bring up $15/hr. Folks, these machines were being worked on before the $15/hr discussion was even going on. And even if the minimum wage doesn't go up, it wont stop these machines.
I am in awe that you don't understand that doubling wages for a teenager flipping burgers will speed up the process and that these people are asking for their jobs to become automated and don't even realize it.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:31 AM

26,664 posts, read 15,220,417 times
Quote:
The only thing I am giddy about is that for once I will have more competent, cleaner, and faster service with these robots. I commute and sometimes eat on the road...I eat fast food less and pack my own food because I am sick of the messed up orders, incompetence, and filth.

This is progress. Doubling the wages of these workers will speed up this progress. Bring $16.30 an hour on!

Old 08-27-2015, 04:47 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,569,570 times
Quote:
No one is 'giddy' about robots taking away jobs. It's that robots taking away jobs of people demanding their wages be arbitrarily doubled is so predictable, yet Leftists couldn't anticipate that consequence.

Leftists can't think clearly at all, and doom their followers.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:57 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,380,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
No one is 'giddy' about robots taking away jobs. It's that robots taking away jobs of people demanding their wages be arbitrarily doubled is so predictable, yet Leftists couldn't anticipate that consequence.

Leftists can't think clearly at all, and doom their followers.
There are automated factories in the US that once employed Americans, once employed workers in China and now they employ ZERO humans because it is much cheaper and efficient to use automation.

For the record I am 200% for automation since only fools oppose technological progress.

At one point in the not so distant future automation will really take off and invade ALL aspects of life. A physician can be replaced by a machine, we already have robotic surgeons. All fast food places will be automated as well as most restaurants and other industries.

The list is endless and it will greatly benefit mankind. Folks from the future will look at this era and wonder why we slaved away 50 hours a week. At most humans will have a great amount of leisure and as time goes by perhaps most labor will be abolished. At some point wealth accumulation will be redundant because we already have everything we need. We see some hints already, now homeless folks have cell phones and two meals a day.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:40 AM

59,468 posts, read 27,618,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I know many posters on this forum have been excited about these new automated kiosks. Here's an article that discusses them further.

Drive-thru Customers Can't Use McDonald's New Self-service Kiosk
This is the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Do you have a point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies