Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 09:57 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You realize that there was more than one person doing these attacks, don't you?

If not, read your link:
Oh, so that doesn't make it a mass murder? Gotya...Only thing that matters is your agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 10:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Oh, so that doesn't make it a mass murder? Gotya...Only thing that matters is your agenda.
Again, hard for one person to kill 12 people and injure 70 without a gun.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
He hadn't. Show me any conviction for violence, show me any arrest for violence.
Serious, you are better than this.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Again, hard for one person to kill 12 people and injure 70 without a gun.
McVeigh killed 168 and wounded over 600. Any help he had was minor.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
By your argument here, we should also legalize selling heroin and crack.
By your argument it wouldn't be available for sale.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
You realize that there was more than one person doing these attacks, don't you?

If not, read your link:
29 dead. Many lives would have been saved if a few citizens were carrying guns. But you're not interested in saving lives.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
What protected the liberty of all those people shot to death in the theaters, schools, and malls? It appears their liberties were taken from them to protect the liberty of gun ownership for those who would do harm.
The Liberty of choice to not frequent gun free zones.
Some places are arming teachers in order to protect the children. What do you have against protecting children?

Quote:
Also, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the increase in DWI laws and penalties, decrease the incidence?
DWI arrests went down slightly in Austin and California after UBer and Lyft came to town. Regulations, which you love, are being used to get rid of Uber and Lyft.
Why do you want more drunks on the road?

Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

That's akin to asking people to provide proof that not hiring an organist saved the preacher's marriage.
If you can't come up with an answer either, than just say so. Don't tap dance around the floor and try to deflect with some silly question of your own that makes no sense. Be honest.

All the anti-gun folks scream for Registration, but don't know why. Gun owners know why, but these people have no clue. You give them the option to make up a scenario, just one, and they don't have to find a real one that worked, or prove it. They can make up one, yet can't. And why? Because Gun Registration has NEVER saved a life and never will. Some clown came up with this idea, because they wanted to know who had guns, what guns they had, and where to find them. He passed it off as a life saving regulation and all the other anti gun clowns jumped all over it, not really thinking, but repeating it like parrots. When asked what it does to save lies, you get this same reaction...a big "Duhhhhh?" or some silly deflection with mirrors. You gotta love these helpless folks.

Here is your second chance. Give me an instance of where Gun Registration has ever saved a life?

...or if you want it made easier.....

Give me one instance where a Gun Registration "Would" save a life?

Old 08-30-2015, 12:22 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No we don't...
What regulation is there to buy a used, or new vehicle.
I bought my 66 Barracuda, when I was 13.

Exactly! No regulation required with any Car I ever bought. I can buy them on the internet all day long, across State lines, and as many as I want. The only regulation is if you want to carry it with you, when going out on Public Property (Highways) same as you have a regulation if you want to carry your firearm out in public.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:02 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"To have a gun a person should pass a security clearance"

What is good for the 2nd Amendment should also be applied to the 1st Amendment.

Are you OK with that?

and god forbid you ever have to prove your ability to vote. that's just bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies