Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM

684 posts, read 791,798 times

Advertisements

Here's another great video/perspective on black lies matters.

LiveLeak.com - Black lies matter

Quote:
"You act like white folks are superior to you. You act like you believe in white superiority. You think that every problem you have requires white folks to do something like a child and their daddy. -- If every problem you have requires white folks do something, you think that you are inferior to them."
This guy is good, really good!

I also posted this other lady in another thread, she says some pretty good stuff as well. Omitting profanity of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFxOFrnXvc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 07:14 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Democrats support lawlessness and victim mentality.

As an immigrant to US, I feel sorry for the Black population to still be in chains that are jerked around by the Democrat party.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:38 PM

I've found two more videos of Peggy Hubbard. But I must say, her points are better spoken when she's angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b35fRDwU-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOvhdiWhne0

She says she's getting lots of support from both blacks and whites.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:14 PM

399 posts, read 548,293 times
I love this guy.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:21 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times
You forgot which account you were using...

And that woman can't possibly be from the 60s...so who's lying?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You forgot which account you were using...

And that woman can't possibly be from the 60s...so who's lying?
That guy is from the 60s. You should have read that correctly. Before posting. I don't know what you mean by "forgot which account"?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:28 PM

32,070 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

As an immigrant to US, I feel sorry for the Black population to still be in chains that are jerked around by the Democrat party.
Ok, so in your perspective, please tell me how the republican party would help the black population.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:55 PM

399 posts, read 548,293 times
I disagree with this guy about Zimmerman but overall he's on point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxgJq4toYo

Old 08-28-2015, 11:13 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

Enter Katrina....for the record, when hurricane Andrew hit South Florida in 1992, the media didn't catch on for 4-5 days...many of us were helping the new homeless with everything imaginable and THEN the media jumped in....at the time, it was the single worst natural disaster in US history.....25 Billion in 1992....anyway, after they rebuilt Homestead (less the AFB) it was better than before....kind of like a Martial plan for South Florida....best thing that ever happened to quite a few of those homes was they were blown away.....fast forward, 13 years later....Katrina...

Despite the terrible devastation, Mississippi was hit as hard or harder....hardly a camera, hardly a story....the victim mentality sank in with most in the dome...within 5 days they tore the place apart....the government should do this, the government needs to do that and who do we blame....for days the forecasters WARNED those in New Orleans to get the f out and not waste time....to no avail for many.....the looting started, Heraldo did his best "oh the humanity" speech....and the National Guard kicked in....sure, they could have done more but, no one had a smooth chain of command and the delays were inevitable.....

Not sure if you know it or not but, many of those trailers from FEMA were eventually auctioned off on government sites...you could bid routinely on them...and how were they returned???? almost with out exception the foyers were damaged, hookups were gone and electrical was torn up.....that's what happens when you give people things, they do NOT appreciate them...least of all the government's charges in highly urban areas....almost every trailer had been damaged to some extent and almost all electrical service and plumbing was damaged....nice....

When the Shiite is going to hit the fan, YOU need to prepare.....YOU need to take some action and quit waiting for the knights in shining armor.....NO guvmint has that much money not even Barrack's. He would have screwed you too....schools were demolished and all those people who say how much they missed New Orleans have rarely come back, have done nothing to the houses that were once theirs and simply piled on in places like Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, DC, and so on......so, for all the "pride" that was expounded, few have gone back....they are waiting on the guvmint to rebuild the home for them...

As if.

Many carried NO flood insurance, NO homeowners insurance in some cases and now the guvmint is supposed to rebuild it like the Martial plan for New Orleans...as usual NO accountability.....that's what the guvmint's suppose to do...right? WRONG.......in fairness to Chris Christy in Hurricane Sandy, who screwed the taxpayers for 60 billion...with a B, in federal aid....literally twice the amount of the state of New Jersey's annual budget....hurricanes can do quite a bit of damage but, in Sandy's case, NOT 60 billion...yet, he was able to secure it.....so where did the money go???? To fix LONG overdue projects that they couldn't fund....so YOU and I funded it for them....nice.....maybe they need a governor like Chris Christie in Louisiana but, they do have Jindal and he is far, far superior to anything they have had since.....thank god Nagin got caught for all his ill doing....the man that cried the loudest was the same guy shaking the city down for bribes and graft the whole way through.....

And George Bush had nothing to do with Nagin's corruption despite how much the left blames him for everything from Hangnails to foot fungus.........that is all on his own....and right on cue, the media NEVER talks about his graft during Katrina and the immediate aftermath.....that community that leans so hard needs to find their own way to break free. They should have shot the looters and NOT taken the guns away from lawful owners (many of which never saw them again...and hardly a word has been spoken...google it). They catered to the criminal element and then blamed the guvmint for lack of security....incredible....well, when the private investors sweep up most of the 9th ward it will be an improvement....God knows the residents weren't going to do much to fix it...they are still waiting on the guvmint to provide all their needs......

You know the definition of insanity right? Do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. The Corps of Engineers and their 40 year jobs program was a joke...glorified stiff fence to hold back a river...good luck with that.....now, they want to rebuild the part of New Orleans (2/3) that is literally 12' or more BELOW sea level...this isn't Holland...we apparently don't have anyone that knows how to build a levy so, why would rebuild it....again? The next Category 4 or 5 hurricane is going to do the exact same thing.....when you live below sea level, expect flooding.....and even the guvmint can't prevent that.....

Call New Orleans what it is....a decaying city with no real tax base to fix everything that needs fixing...legendary corruption and graft and nice, healthy crime rate that shows nooooo signs of letting up.....and most of it, 12 feet or more under sea level.....tell me why we should invest 200 billion in fixing that place? Seems to me, we could spend that money building a better toaster or highway or something we can all use but, to poor good money into the 9th ward???? Please...drop a blade and push until all the debris is back in the Mississippi river...maybe it will float down and help rebuild the wetlands...we can only hope...the place is sinking at what? about 1 inch a year?

Nope, spend the money on a newer (northwest of town is higher) part of the city and rebuild there if you have to...turn the 9th ward into a park....cheaper in the long run and when it floods again, no houses lost....nice....

Last edited by Caleb Longstreet; 08-28-2015 at 11:23 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 11:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
I was in New Orleans shortly after Katrina hit. What this poster is saying is all true. The residents did very little to help themselves. They were all waiting for it to be done for them. Fast forward to 2008, Ike hit Galveston Tx. It flattened Galveston. As soon as the water receded, I was in Galveston to move some stranded cargo from the port. I had the opportunity to drive through the town. Fema wasn't on the ground yet, but the people of Galveston were. They were already beginning the clean up and rebuild. One year later, Galveston was almost completely recovered. New Orleans still wasn't even close to recovery at that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies