Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:00 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
That chant doesn't even makes sense. Does it actually mean what some of you think it mean? I'm in no way endorsing or agreeing with this nonsense but saying pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon is a bit silly.
That is the game we play isn't it? We treat Black people like small children that don't know what they are saying. Whites are supposed to be the Adults, while Blacks act out, threatening violence, setting fires, hurling rocks and racial slurs. Oh that is just the Black culture, they don't mean any of that, They are just blowing off steam, you don't understand it because you are not Black.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:05 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
The whole movement keeps showing how truly ignorant it really is until they will wither and die just like occupy Wall Street.

#bixnoodlazymuhfuggahz

I truly pity the decent black people who get stigmatized by these shyt stains, I know plenty who are not constantly playing the victim card to this degree.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:26 AM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
That is the game we play isn't it? We treat Black people like small children that don't know what they are saying. Whites are supposed to be the Adults, while Blacks act out, threatening violence, setting fires, hurling rocks and racial slurs. Oh that is just the Black culture, they don't mean any of that, They are just blowing off steam, you don't understand it because you are not Black.
This.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:06 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,933,269 times
I was thinking about this issue just today and it really upsets me, but not for the reason you might think. I was raised in Cleveland in the 1950's and my father worked at a foundry in the "flats" downtown. Every day of my life I would hear his litany of racial crap about black people. After growing up and seeing more of the world and meeting all sorts of people I am proud to say that I overcame this upbringing and hold no animous (sp) toward any particular group, be they black, gay, hispanic, etc. I also raised my son to be completely colorblind and am proud that he is. However, when I see a group like BLM saying that my and my son's life doesn't matter, when I see a police officer executed for being a white cop, when I see the people in Ferguson rioting over a thug who we WATCHED rob a store on video and who charged a police officer, when I see all this those long-buried prejudices begin to rise up inside me and it PISSES ME OFF. I bend over backward so as not to offend anybody in my daily life, but these people are really trying my patience and understanding. Maybe if you don't commit most of the crimes, police won't target you. Maybe if 78% of black kids weren't born without a father in the home they wouldn't have such a high incarceration rate. Maybe if you would focus on the 95% of black young men who are killed by other black young men, things could change. When you point your finger at the white man, there are three more pointing back at you. All lives matter.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:29 AM

231 posts, read 213,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
I was thinking about this issue just today and it really upsets me, but not for the reason you might think. I was raised in Cleveland in the 1950's and my father worked at a foundry in the "flats" downtown. Every day of my life I would hear his litany of racial crap about black people. After growing up and seeing more of the world and meeting all sorts of people I am proud to say that I overcame this upbringing and hold no animous (sp) toward any particular group, be they black, gay, hispanic, etc. I also raised my son to be completely colorblind and am proud that he is. However, when I see a group like BLM saying that my and my son's life doesn't matter, when I see a police officer executed for being a white cop, when I see the people in Ferguson rioting over a thug who we WATCHED rob a store on video and who charged a police officer, when I see all this those long-buried prejudices begin to rise up inside me and it PISSES ME OFF. I bend over backward so as not to offend anybody in my daily life, but these people are really trying my patience and understanding. Maybe if you don't commit most of the crimes, police won't target you. Maybe if 78% of black kids weren't born without a father in the home they wouldn't have such a high incarceration rate. Maybe if you would focus on the 95% of black young men who are killed by other black young men, things could change. When you point your finger at the white man, there are three more pointing back at you. All lives matter.
Well said.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:42 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,727 times
some lives matter
most lives don't

in the grand scheme of things

period

its about economics and class... NOT race or religion

the sooner WE realize this the better

Old 09-01-2015, 05:21 AM

19 posts, read 20,509 times
No. That's not true. The Black Lives Matter movement is a really simple concept. Black people feel that their lives matter as much as any other race in America, however that is not our reality. The BLM is not about Black lives violated by the criminal justice system whether we have a criminal background or not, we are American citizens with rights. The young white man who killed several people worshipping in a black church was taken to a restaurant and fed a meal before he was taken to jail.

The criminal background issue-all races commit crimes and have "undesireables" in each ethnic group. Once, you get past who is a thug and why you believe they deserve to be treated as "less than" other people, you will realize that we are talking about real, live, breathing people who deserve the same rights as any other person. The problem is that the music, lifestyle and culture attributed to many of the people who have suffered under the hands of officers and the legal system is problematic. Namely, because it promotes violence, many do not feel ire when the civil rights of these people are violated.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:59 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream View Post
The young white man who killed several people worshipping in a black church was taken to a restaurant and fed a meal before he was taken to jail.
No he wasn't. They brought him a Burger from takeout. If you are in custody, they eventually must feed you no matter how guilty you might be.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Or the Christian philosophy of "an eye for an eye"?
That's not the Christian philosophy.

Christianity = New Testament -- "turn the other cheek."

"Eye for an eye" = Old Testament.

But you probably already knew that.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well let's see, a week ago Sunday I went to a Catholic Church and of the readings, an equal number were from the Old and New Testaments. The Baptist Church says, "the apostles declared God's teaching based on the words of the Lord and the Old Testament Scriptures". The Presbyterian Church says, "the church of the Old Testament and the church of the New Testament are, in essence, the same church". I could go on. But again, if you can show me which mainstream have dropped the Old Testamet, please do.
Show us which Christian Churches have dropped the New Testament first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies