Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yes, Like the retired northeast public and union workers moving to the Carolinas and Florida to protect their retirement funds from high taxes then voting for the same policies they meant to avoid.
Then how do you explain all the Texans moving to Seattle, one of the most liberal places in the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 01:16 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I am from Tennessee and some of my best friends growing up have become teachers. Almost all of these folks are liberal Democrats in an extremely conservative area. They will whine and moan on Facebook and the commentaries of the local papers about the conservative politics, but they never DO anything. They never vote with their feet and leave to where they'd fit in better.

Why don't people go to areas more aligned with their politics instead of endlessly griping?
Maybe because it doesn't really reflect in real life. I have been to very conservative and very liberal places, and what's the difference? Not much. In California you'll see recycle bins for waste, but other than that you really wouldn't notice that they are liberals. I've been to TX many times and I have to ask "what's so conservative about this place"? It doesn't show.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe because it doesn't really reflect in real life. I have been to very conservative and very liberal places, and what's the difference? Not much. In California you'll see recycle bins for waste, but other than that you really wouldn't notice that they are liberals. I've been to TX many times and I have to ask "what's so conservative about this place"? It doesn't show.
It shows.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
[quote=Serious Conversation;41053883]I am from Tennessee and some of my best friends growing up have become teachers. Almost all of these folks are liberal Democrats in an extremely conservative area. They will whine and moan on Facebook and the commentaries of the local papers about the conservative politics, but they never DO anything. They never vote with their feet and leave to where they'd fit in better.

Why don't people go to areas more aligned with their politics instead of endlessly griping

For same reason many live I places they do not care for is my guess-jobs.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They usually destroy everything except public employment as they have in California and then they move to better places and bring their failed idology with them.
I've read about lots of complaints about this kind of pattern.
New Mexico has been just about destroyed by Californians coming in and trying to turn it into where they came from.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Why would anyone choose to live in a place based on politics?

Damn. Some of you are simply too immersed in politics for your own good. I only care about my vote. Who my neighbor votes for is his business.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post

For same reason many live I places they do not care for is my guess-jobs.
Except, according to conservatives, all the jobs are in their states. Why not stay in their own states and out of Seattle? It makes no sense to come to our beautiful city, take the job and then complain about the politics. It was liberal before you got here and obviously doing just fine or you wouldn't come running to live here.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:34 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Except, according to conservatives, all the jobs are in their states. Why not stay in their own states and out of Seattle? It makes no sense to come to our beautiful city, take the job and then complain about the politics. It was liberal before you got here and obviously doing just fine or you wouldn't come running to live here.
You need have no fear. I have been to Seattle and while it is beautiful, I have no interest in coming back.. We have jobs in Texas thank you.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:34 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I am from Tennessee and some of my best friends growing up have become teachers. Almost all of these folks are liberal Democrats in an extremely conservative area. They will whine and moan on Facebook and the commentaries of the local papers about the conservative politics, but they never DO anything. They never vote with their feet and leave to where they'd fit in better.

Why don't people go to areas more aligned with their politics instead of endlessly griping?
Romney got 60% of the vote in Tennessee, Obama 40%. At what left/right dominance level do you advocate leaving?

Old 09-02-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You need have no fear. I have been to Seattle and while it is beautiful, I have no interest in coming back.. We have jobs in Texas thank you.
Tell your friends!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies