Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:10 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,879,609 times

Advertisements

I believe if history serves me the cleric faction within Iran calls the shots on religious and government
matters. With that understood we appear to be stalmated in any attempt to ward off the expectations of the Mahdi on the horizon to fuel Iran's radical agendas. We are on the take for 150 billion earmarked to pay for " nice behavior" to a group of pagan antisemitic and hopeful destruction of perceived infidel "great Satan"Americans . These are overly simplified nearly laughably no brainer prophecy steps ,but as a political scenario we have to get more information out of Kerry and the Iranian team to be fair. We are out of the loop of exhaustive negotiations. Cruz and Trump are screaming fowl already, but most of we Americans cannot arrive at a conclusive opinion until more " deal" info is made public. C-SPAN 2 can give us ungoing coverage from US Senate ( excellent senators giving perspective)

Last edited by openmike; 09-09-2015 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:14 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,570,242 times
If only Obama would have supported the 2009 Iranian Green Revolution, Iran could have been on a better path today, free of the tyranny of Islam as enforced on Iranian citizens by the Mullahs.

The only time Obama supported a regime was the Islamists, like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” - Obama

https://www.youngcons.com/40-mind-bl...-christianity/

Old 09-09-2015, 10:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
If only Obama would have supported the 2009 Iranian Green Revolution, Iran could have been on a better path today, free of the tyranny of Islam as enforced on Iranian citizens by the Mullahs.

The only time Obama supported a regime was the Islamists, like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” - Obama

It's not the business of the United States to put their fingers on the scales of government in foreign countries. If Iranians want a change of government, it should happen without our involvement. Obama did exactly what he was supposed to do: NOTHING.

Who rules or runs Iran is the business of Iranians.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,380,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's not the business of the United States to put their fingers on the scales of government in foreign countries. If Iranians want a change of government, it should happen without our involvement. Obama did exactly what he was supposed to do: NOTHING.

So true..Anytime a leader is killed or displaced..it always leaves a vacuum ..because there is NO leadership to control things...There's the big difference
Even a COUP or Over-throw..at least there is a semblance of power and control./

Look at Egypt..They got rid of Mubarak..get run out of office( dictatorship) and marshall law...Elections brought in new leader who posed as a Moderate..however had strong ties to "Muslim Brotherhood""..Next thing..Ousted..Now back to Military Rule....At least..They didn't have a power vacuum...even tho..Democracy doesn't exist..

What I never got back when..Why does any Country expect another to behave like US or Canada or UK...Let that country evolve..too slow I know..but it takes many lifetimes/generations to change..Why would Bush or his Administrations expect to change a Culture of thousands of years to change...When I heard G.W> on that SHIP claim "Mission Accomplished"..I realized just how delusional and misguided he was thanks to his partner in arms "Cheney...Proove in point..Look and listen what comes out of CHeney's moth today/yesterday and nothing will ever stop his "War Mongering" nor his willingness to "Shape Shift" history to suit his own version of HIS culpability to what did to influence today's happenings..I swear that guy lived inside of some cave for the last 5-6 years!!

Old 09-09-2015, 11:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
So true..Anytime a leader is killed or displaced..it always leaves a vacuum ..because there is NO leadership to control things...There's the big difference
Even a COUP or Over-throw..at least there is a semblance of power and control./

Look at Egypt..They got rid of Mubarak..get run out of office( dictatorship) and marshall law...Elections brought in new leader who posed as a Moderate..however had strong ties to "Muslim Brotherhood""..Next thing..Ousted..Now back to Military Rule....At least..They didn't have a power vacuum...even tho..Democracy doesn't exist..

What I never got back when..Why does any Country expect another to behave like US or Canada or UK...Let that country evolve..too slow I know..but it takes many lifetimes/generations to change..Why would Bush or his Administrations expect to change a Culture of thousands of years to change...When I heard G.W> on that SHIP claim "Mission Accomplished"..I realized just how delusional and misguided he was thanks to his partner in arms "Cheney...Proove in point..Look and listen what comes out of CHeney's moth today/yesterday and nothing will ever stop his "War Mongering" nor his willingness to "Shape Shift" history to suit his own version of HIS culpability to what did to influence today's happenings..I swear that guy lived inside of some cave for the last 5-6 years!!
To me, the real problem is that any government that comes to power in the Muslim world with U.S. fingerprints on his ascension to power, will be IMMEDIATELY seen as illegitimate by a huge segment of the population.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,097,207 times
Quote:

Iran has no business threatening the existence of the United States and Israel. Iran also has no right to committee terrorist acts against Western civilians.

If you understood anything, the Iranian people can't just wake up and change a totalitarian government by chanting Allah and waving flags.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:

A little late for that now isn't it ?

Both in 1953 and 1978 the CIA led the coups in Iran.
The 1953 documents have been declassified and the CIA admitted their role.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:09 AM

57,402 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

How would Iran be on a better path today, did you want us to get involved in their civil disobedience? What does US support look like that would free them from the clerics, rhetoric, military?

Do you ever grow tired of misquoting Obama with the same dumb nonsense, here is the actual quote from his book once again, show me where it says Muslims.

But go with the Youngcons.com, great fiction and helps you avoid reading a book.

"The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 AM

13,698 posts, read 9,030,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I believe if history serves me the cleric faction within Iran calls the shots on religious and government
matters. With that understood we appear to be stalmated in any attempt to ward off the expectations of the Mahdi on the horizon to fuel Iran's radical agendas. We are on the take for 150 billion earmarked to pay for " nice behavior" to a group of pagan antisemitic and hopeful destruction of perceived infidel "great Satan"Americans . These are overly simplified nearly laughably no brainer prophecy steps ,but as a political scenario we have to get more information out of Kerry and the Iranian team to be fair. We are out of the loop of exhaustive negotiations. Cruz and Trump are screaming fowl already, but most of we Americans cannot arrive at a conclusive opinion until more " deal" info is made public. C-SPAN 2 can give us ungoing coverage from US Senate ( excellent senators giving perspective)

"Cruz and Trump are screaming fowl".

The chickens.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:42 AM

57,402 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A little late for that now isn't it ?

Both in 1953 and 1978 the CIA led the coups in Iran.
The 1953 documents have been declassified and the CIA admitted their role.
Yes but it appears we learned from our mistakes and walked the line in 2009, Iran blamed the riots on foreign media. We don't want to give them any excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies