Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 10:50 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,882,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Your xenophobic misunderstanding of ("Muslim") people is … just sad ...
You know a Liberal has lost the argument when they start playing the "xenophobe card" it is only one step better than playing the "race card."

Old 09-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I have outlined yet another option for integrating these refugees.
An option for *integrating* these refugees implies a need to take them in in the first place.

There is no such need.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,596,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
You know a Liberal has lost the argument when they start playing the "xenophobe card" it is only one step better than playing the "race card."
No … I don't consider any of this a "card game" …

But I do know xenophobia when I see it or hear it or read it:
"Woooo … !!! The MUSLIMS are coming … !!! Be afraid … !!! Be VERY afraid … !!!"

Old 09-07-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm talking about the journey by boat away from their home countries, not once they arrive onshore. The poster seemed to feel they could have immigrated through proper channels legally but just didn't feel like bothering, while I say no one would undertake that journey of death if they had the option and/or the time to do it any other way.
... which is most likely why ISIS, Syria, Iran, Muslim Brotherhood, and other such entities created conditions to (a) force them to the West, (b) wait for them to become fed-up with their host nations, (c) plan to radicalize them, and (c) turn them into warriors, when possible, and (d) wait for the fertile wombs of Islamic women to defeat the west over the course of a few generations.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
... which is most likely why ISIS, Syria, Iran, Muslim Brotherhood, and other such entities created conditions to (a) force them to the West, (b) wait for them to become fed-up with their host nations, (c) plan to radicalize them, and (c) turn them into warriors, when possible, and (d) wait for the fertile wombs of Islamic women to defeat the west over the course of a few generations.
Huh …

The whole bit with "ISIL" and al Qa'eda, etc., is just a very clever strategy to conquer The West …

WOW … !!! Who knew … ???

(Well, I guess maybe the Faux News guys … ???)

Old 09-07-2015, 01:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,759,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Excellent video of Syria (predominantly) men in Hungary refusing to comply with law.

LiveLeak.com - Middle Eastern Immigrants in Hungary Reject Police Aid (version with audio)

It's like the Hungarians don't know what to do with the disruptive, disobedient (regarding law) troublemakers who are trying to pass themselves off as refugees.
Where's the troublemaking in that video? All they did was refuse bottles of water and whatever was in those beige packets. What I gathered from this is that since the train was stalled, the Syrians just wanted to be allowed to head their destination, rather than accepting the water (a token gesture) while being prevented from leaving.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:22 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,677,955 times
After reading this thread, I doubt that most Americans would be as welcoming as Germany.
Refugee Crisis: Innovative Ways Germans Are Welcoming Them - ABC News

Although the US was built on immigrant labor and various ethnicity groups were unwanted and discriminated against the US became the greatest country in the world. Yes, there is ISIS and various domestic terror groups but terror groups have been in the US since the early 1800's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rist_incidents

We proclaim we do not discriminate, are racists and don't profile. Even have laws which we use to make us appear that way. But aren't really the goody-two shoes we proclaim ourselves to be.

Oh, and how interesting that Steve Jobs biological father was a Syrian migrant.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:12 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,936,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
After reading this thread, I doubt that most Americans would be as welcoming as Germany.

Although the US was built on immigrant labor and various ethnicity groups were unwanted and discriminated against the US became the greatest country in the world. Yes, there is ISIS and various domestic terror groups but terror groups have been in the US since the early 1800's.

We proclaim we do not discriminate, are racists and don't profile. Even have laws which we use to make us appear that way. But aren't really the goody-two shoes we proclaim ourselves to be.

The reason Germany is welcoming is because they have a demographic crisis and need young workers to maintain their economy. And, very cleverly, they are trying to get the rest of the EU to pay for it.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The reason Germany is welcoming is because they have a demographic crisis and need young workers to maintain their economy. And, very cleverly, they are trying to get the rest of the EU to pay for it.
The German economy remains strong because they still make things ...

Old 09-08-2015, 02:58 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,358,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post

If we take some in, they have to come through the controlled immigration channels, and not on some sort of special entry refugee status where people come in virtually en masse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies